shape
carat
color
clarity

"My Pet is SO spoiled"...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Since so many PSers are also pet lovers, I thought it would be fun to talk about how we spoil our fur-babies, or how their little quirks and habits reflect our pampering ways.

For instance, our little 8 pound Chihuahua, Max, is so spoiled, he sleeps with us and has his own cup of water on my nightstand...if he gets thirsty during the night, he'll sit on the edge of the bed, looking at his cup.

Also, he has to have a Milk Bone every night, in bed, just before he goes to sleep or he won't settle down. He waits at the pantry door when he knows it's bedtime and once I give him his treat, he runs up the stairs to bed. If I take him up without a treat, he sits there, looking at me, like, "Mom, where's my bed time snack?"

So, how do you spoil your fur-babies?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, I like this thread! My bunny is spoiled rotten!

He's a 4lb bunny but has a cage that is 8'x4'. It's half our dining room! And he's allowed out of it at any time during the day and is only locked in at night. Totally spoiled. He has a fantastic cardboard castle thing with two levels that he loves to hang out in all day.

We also buy him 3-4 heads of lettuce a week (which is not cheap in the winter!) and the best pelleted food. People are always shocked by how spoiled he is, considering he's a bunny and not your typical dog or cat
1.gif
But he's our baby! I think of him like a cat who can be locked in a cage at night.

He's very nosy for treats and will run over to me and stand on my lap if I have dried papaya around. He's trained to give me kisses on the nose for treats too, but it makes me mad that I have to bribe him and he'll give DH kisses for free
3.gif

We snuggle every night, but on the ground, because he hates to be picked up (like most bunnies). I'll lay on the ground on my stomach (getting bunny hair all over my clothes) and kiss his face and pet him while he falls asleep
5.gif
It's so cute. Kind of annoying when he's shedding and I end up with fur in my mouth, but what are you gonna do?

Just for Whitby
2.gif
, here is Otto relaxing in the living room:

Otto 7 months 2.jpg

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Oh fun. My 8 pound monster also sleeps in our bed and most of the night there are at least 7 or more toys in bed too. He stole my stuffed animal, figment, that went through high school and college with me and it has become his lover. I wish I were joking. He also comes everywhere with us, I mean everywhere, shopping, to restaurants and even to work with me. (Living in Europe makes this possible) He also eats a raw beef bone every night and in the mornings we cook him an egg over easy because he likes to lick up the yolk. Its pretty sick how spoiled he is and I know I am insane about it.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, Otto is one cute bunny! My oldest son always wanted a rabbit, but DH is very allergic. He sounds spoiled, but affectionate too!

And ''sba'' (sorry I don''t know your name)...what is your poochie''s name? He''s a cutie. Our Max loves to go with us too, where he can. My husband drives our son to school most days and Max knows when he''s allowed to go (some days DH goes right to the office after, so Max can''t go along)...but if Max doesn''t see the laptop case, he knows he gets to go too and jumps around like crazy, excited to go.

Any more spoiled pet stories out there? I know there has to be more!
21.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re really good about not spoiling our dogs too badly, but they do sleep on our bed with us, which is interesting with 2 adults and about 85 pounds of dog. They know they aren''t allowed up there when we''re first going to sleep, but they hope right up about 15 minutes after the light is turned off. They also get tons of treats, and they actually have a whole toy box/bin that''s completely full, that they can pull toys out of whenever they want. Toys are probably the weakest point. They got a whole "stocking" full of them for Christmas and they get new ones whenever we feel the need to buy them any...which is very frequently.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 10:58:03 AM
Author: elrohwen
Ooo, I like this thread! My bunny is spoiled rotten!

Just for Whitby
2.gif
, here is Otto relaxing in the living room:

Gaaaahhhhh! he''s GORGEOUS, el! that relaxing photo is adorable! he is one spoiled bunny!

(heeeeeeeeee''re otto! heeeeeeeeeere otto otto otto! come to auntie whiiiiiiitbyyyyyyy! heeeeeeeeeere otto!)

i''m sorry - what? try to *steal* him?? who - MOI? i didn''t! i never!

(heeeeeeeeeeeere otto.....!)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I spoil them by giving them special treats, even got them some cookies from a pet bakery a while ago!

Also we got a valentine''s day package from my parents a couple days ago and go figure, there was a little present wrapped up for the cats in it, a remote controlled mouse toy, they
30.gif
it!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
El, Otto looks great, so glad you are having fun with him - house bunnies ROCK don''t they??
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My dog is the most special "person" to me! My bf thinks I love him way too much and I think he gets jealous. I go to specialty shops to find him new toys and treats at least once a month. He goes everywhere with me that he can, no eating places, malls or work here. I talk to him all the time and I treat him like royalty. I think he rescued me....not the other way around.

peteybandana918.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, otto makes me want another bunny, but I''m sure the cats wouldn''t appreciate that! I used to have a bunny named Georgie and he was the best bunny ever!! However after about a year and a half he got really sick and couldn''t come back from it and he went up to bunny heaven
7.gif
I used to spoil him rotten too with lettuce and treats and all the toys I could get my hands on!
Here I am with him at Christmas, he loved cuddling and yes that is a little red christmas bow on him :)

n33803357_30098358_8035.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Dixon is the most spoiled dog in the world. i know this, and i''ve come to accept it.

dogs in general, especially as puppies, don''t process dairy well. but they get a lot of nutrients from goats'' products. they also love liver - that very strong, meaty taste.

so every sunday, we all used to get into bed together and have ''goats cheese and pate morning''. i''d have mine on toast - and sometimes so would he - tho most often he preferred it just on a small plate.

when tim and i bought a tempurpedic mattress, we hunted around online till we found a dog sized one for him too.

when we go away for weekend getaways, we always find one which will take dogs so he can come too.

we bought him 2 other setters (equally spoiled - another story tho) so he''d always have someone to play with.

every morning when he wakes up he comes up to me and backs in for a butt-scratch. we have an arrangement where, after a few minutes, i tap him on the butt and say "ok - done." he turns round then and gives me one short lick to say ''thanks mom'' - then trots off and goes about his day. this is our arrangement, and we do it every day.

we hand make his food and his bowls are washed after every meal.

he has his own selection of snow outfits.

he''s had his photo taken so many times, he knows to look at the camera.

but the main way we spoil him is that, come rain hail snow or shine, we walk him EVERY day, at least once and often more. dogs love treats and cuddles and attention of all sorts. but they love walks above all things. so apart from all the cutesy-putesy stuff, we make sure his HEALTH is looked after first and foremost by getting *plenty* of exercise and by getting the very best, experienced, and most compassionate veterinary care we can find.

if you were this beautiful, you''d be spoiled like this too....

IMG0401a.jpg

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 12:56:59 PM
Author: Lorelei
El, Otto looks great, so glad you are having fun with him - house bunnies ROCK don''t they??
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
how do you potty train a housebunny?
33.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do we spoil them? Ohhh, let me count the ways!!!

1. They each have their very own Christmas stocking. And yes, they're personalized with each of their names. And they get filled TO THE BRIM every Christmas!

2. They eat top-of-the-line, grain-free dog food, both dry and canned.

3. They sleep in our bedroom with us every night, but not on the bed because they would just take up WAY too much room. Biko and Turbo sleep on their beds on the floor, and Tucker sleeps in his crate next to our bed.

4. Tucker goes everywhere we can take him! We'd take Biko and Turbo too, but they're much larger. (Biko is a black lab/pit bull mix, Turbo is a black lab/??? mix, and Tucker is a purebred French Bulldog.)

5. They get EVERYTHING they need when it comes to veterinary care. We're very lucky to have an excellent vet's office which is only a few blocks from our house.

6. They each get a cookie at bedtime every night.

7. Although none of them sleep on our bed, Tucker is allowed up there during the day since he's so small. But he can't get onto the bed without one of us lifting him up there. So we're having a set of steps custom made for him. The lady who is making them is sending me fabric swatches so I can choose the upholstery, and then she'll start building them and we should have them in a few weeks.

And that's just the dogs! My horse lives at the best boarding stable in the area, gets various (expensive!) dietary supplements in his feed every morning, sees the best farrier in the area every six to eight weeks, and sees the vet and equine dentist every spring for his check-ups. Can you tell we don't have human kids???
9.gif

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's more . . . we're ridiculous!
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 1:54:13 PM
Author: Sparkly Blonde

El, Otto looks great, so glad you are having fun with him - house bunnies ROCK don't they??
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
33.gif
My bunny might drop the odd little " currant" when he is out and about but he goes back into his cage to go potty! He just does it naturally! We leave the door to his cage open so he can come and go as he pleases and if he needs the loo he just goes back in and does what he needs to do. You can train them to use litterboxes if you wish.

Emm, I can't wait to see Tucker's custom made bedsteps!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We spoil our pets by giving them everything *they* need to be healthy animals.

We feed them all raw food, we buy raw patties for the cats and free range, hormone free meats for the pup.

We go on at least three long walks with the pup every day. When it''s too icy or cold to go on hour long walks three times a day, we take short walks (30 mins) and then sit in the room with her when she''s on the treadmill afterward.

And at night we''re one big happy family in the bed together--the pup curls up next to me, and the kitties spread out between our feet at the foot of the bed. It''s very cozy.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Whitby, you sound like a wonderful dog owner.
And that face! To die for.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 1:54:13 PM
Author: Sparkly Blonde

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
33.gif
They really house train themselves. I just stuck a litter box in his cage and he''s been using it since day one. Some bunnies have more issues than others, but Otto''s been excellent. He''s never had an accident outside of his cage in the year we''ve had him. He really is just like a cat, except I don''t quite trust him to be out all night by himself. And I like that I can lock him up - it''s not as easy to lock up a cat
2.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Whitby, you''re so funny. I''m sure Otto would love to visit you
2.gif

And your dogs are gorgeous! I think setters and spaniels in general are the most beautiful dogs. They''re just so elegant! I''d love to have one someday. Dixon''s such a cutie
5.gif

Smurfy, your bunny is so cute! You should definitely get another - I''ve heard that many bunnies get along very well with cats (or end up chasing the cats around).

Lorelei, we do love having him
30.gif
Your advice a year ago helped me make the decision to get a bunny, so thank you!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber and Manolo are spoilt in many ways. Amber has four beds around the house with a duvet on each of them. We tuck her in under her duvet every night and she adores it. Manolo comes and goes from our bed during the night although he always sleeps next to DH which drives me mad as I''d like Manolo beside me
3.gif
Amber gets her walkies daily and Manolo goes out on his harness and we also play hide and seek with him daily-he adores that game. They get lots of treats, hugs, rubs and are taken to the vets (my work) a couple of times a year for check ups.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 12:23:50 PM
Author: Ara Ann
LOL, Otto is one cute bunny! My oldest son always wanted a rabbit, but DH is very allergic. He sounds spoiled, but affectionate too!

And ''sba'' (sorry I don''t know your name)...what is your poochie''s name? He''s a cutie. Our Max loves to go with us too, where he can. My husband drives our son to school most days and Max knows when he''s allowed to go (some days DH goes right to the office after, so Max can''t go along)...but if Max doesn''t see the laptop case, he knows he gets to go too and jumps around like crazy, excited to go.

Any more spoiled pet stories out there? I know there has to be more!
21.gif

Hi! The pup''s name is Darth Vader but he also answers to DV and poopster (I think you can guess how that one came about). He is truly our world and originally my FI didn''t want a dog at all so the compromise was he got to name him. I wanted him to be Rhett Butler, but in the end I do think he looks like a Darth.
Where are the Max pictures?!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Mine are spoiled because they can do whatever they want whenever they want. I have complete trust in them. Pete has been running in and out all day. I never get upset when I just let him out 45 seconds ago and he wants back in. I figure that is the least I can do. I give them kitty treats, buy them all types of toys and furniture. They do a couple things that I do not love like we have a little glass dessert dish that we put bacon grease in and when I come back to see if it has cooled there are always little marks in it. Those would be kitty lick marks. They love it and it is only a little bit and they are healthy so I don''t scold them. They are just such good cats. I never had to litter train either one, they somehow knew what to do after living in a barn. They don''t tear up my furniture or break anything. I figure they can do what they want since they are so good.

Also they talk to me so that insures they are happy. As soon as I walk in the door they tell me what is going on. Like they need more food or water(Kitty). Or play balls are stuck under the fridge again (Pete). DH thinks I am nuts but I know exactly what they are saying and that helps me keep them happy
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 2:39:53 PM
Author: Haven

thanks haven :) from you, that really counts, because i know you are about dogs the same way i am about dogs (that makes sense, right?)

dixon and dapple (dapple is my english field setter), have both just had their images included in a coffee table book on setters. i'll see if i can get one of the photos of dappy from the book and include it...

ok, i think that took, tho it's only small. this is dapple - so called because she's...uh...dappled...but also because she's 'd'apple of her mommy's eye'! this is a dog who is used to being cuddled, can you tell?

and thank you elrohwen! i think spaniels and setters are the most beautiful dogs, too!...tho i'm the first to admit - i'm pretty biased! :)

and otto is DEFINITELY the cutest bunny! oh how i would LOVE a visit!

one day :)

ETA elrohwen, dont you think dapple and otto are kinda similar? in that 'big floppy ear - floppy body, soft and silky, cuddly' kinda way? i think if otto was a dog, he'd look like dapple, and visa versa... :)

dappyandkoo.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
My cat has a heated bed to sleep in. You know, for those cold Arizona nights.

Smo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 7:16:07 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Date: 2/6/2010 2:39:53 PM
Author: Haven

thanks haven :) from you, that really counts, because i know you are about dogs the same way i am about dogs (that makes sense, right?)

dixon and dapple (dapple is my english field setter), have both just had their images included in a coffee table book on setters. i''ll see if i can get one of the photos of dappy from the book and include it...

ok, i think that took, tho it''s only small. this is dapple - so called because she''s...uh...dappled...but also because she''s ''d''apple of her mommy''s eye''! this is a dog who is used to being cuddled, can you tell?

and thank you elrohwen! i think spaniels and setters are the most beautiful dogs, too!...tho i''m the first to admit - i''m pretty biased! :)

and otto is DEFINITELY the cutest bunny! oh how i would LOVE a visit!

one day :)

ETA elrohwen, dont you think dapple and otto are kinda similar? in that ''big floppy ear - floppy body, soft and silky, cuddly'' kinda way? i think if otto was a dog, he''d look like dapple, and visa versa... :)
OMG Whitby, that photo kills me. Look at his sooky, smoochy face! Just adorable!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My cats:

They get let in and out all day long. Every time they meow to go out, they get let out. Every time they sit outside the door watching and wanting to come back in, I let them in. In and out. Out and in. It''s gotten so bad that lately I''ve started ignoring them
12.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a cat or dog person. I''m a reptile person. And I have a very nice green iguana named Mr. Magoo who enjoys warm baths, being petted while watching tv, gourmet fruit and veggie platters lovingly prepared by my husband and I, and big windows in which to bask on sunny days.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 8:21:16 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I''m not a cat or dog person. I''m a reptile person. And I have a very nice green iguana named Mr. Magoo who enjoys warm baths, being petted while watching tv, gourmet fruit and veggie platters lovingly prepared by my husband and I, and big windows in which to bask on sunny days.
Cute! Post some photos of him!

I am a cat person and also a fish person. I have five tanks and one fish bowl! lol Fish are funny creatures. I''m betting iguanas are too
1.gif

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Our dog, Nina, is not allowed on the furniture or our bed, but she doesn''t care because she has seven - yes, seven! - dog beds in various places in the house. Most of them are memory foam and one is big enough for both her and DH to nap in. She gets walked from 3-5 miles a day, we do a combo of premium dry dog food, but mostly cooked lean beef and chicken with a dollop of fat-free plain yogurt on top. She has a box of toys, most of which have names and she knows the names of all of them because we can ask her to go get a specific one and she will root around in the box and find it! This is her doing yummy tummy in one of her big beds!

ninagbed.jpg

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
my green friend

magoo2.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see.... he has an array of toys. He''s played with daily. He lets us know when he wants to be chased and we do it. He got a rib bone from our dinner tonight. We love on him constantly. I tell him he''s the best little black dog every single day. He''s sleeping on the sofa between me and DH right now. If it were up to me, he''d sleep with us, but DH won''t let him. I let him sleep with me any time DH is gone (which isn''t often). He''s smart enough to sleep with me when DH is gone and then not even try to get on the bed when he''s back. Our secret is safe!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results