shape
carat
color
clarity

"My Pet is SO spoiled"...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And this is Nina thinking - probably of food.

pensivenina.jpg

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
him sneaking in to taste the keyboard hehe

magoo3.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 7:23:44 PM
Author: y2kitty
My cat has a heated bed to sleep in. You know, for those cold Arizona nights.
This made me laugh!

My pets are not spoiled at all. I don''t do treats and neither of them are interested in toys (cat looks offended by them, dog just looks puzzled).
I''m pretty strict about feeding regime for pets but DD hurls enough food from her high chair to keep the dog interested these days.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 4:28:44 PM
Author: sba771
Date: 2/6/2010 12:23:50 PM

Author: Ara Ann

LOL, Otto is one cute bunny! My oldest son always wanted a rabbit, but DH is very allergic. He sounds spoiled, but affectionate too!

And ''sba'' (sorry I don''t know your name)...what is your poochie''s name? He''s a cutie. Our Max loves to go with us too, where he can. My husband drives our son to school most days and Max knows when he''s allowed to go (some days DH goes right to the office after, so Max can''t go along)...but if Max doesn''t see the laptop case, he knows he gets to go too and jumps around like crazy, excited to go.

Any more spoiled pet stories out there? I know there has to be more!
21.gif

Hi! The pup''s name is Darth Vader but he also answers to DV and poopster (I think you can guess how that one came about). He is truly our world and originally my FI didn''t want a dog at all so the compromise was he got to name him. I wanted him to be Rhett Butler, but in the end I do think he looks like a Darth.

Where are the Max pictures?!!

LOL! I can relate to Poopster!
21.gif
Darth is a great name for him!

Max came to us already named, he is a rescue Chihuahua...he came to us already spoiled too...he loves to sleep in late...and if he''s up with me, before everyone else is up, he will go back upstairs and scratch on bedroom doors until someone lets him back in.

I have some really cute pics of Max that I tried to upload, but DH will have to resize them for me...one of Max in his bed and one of him in the middle of the clean laundry! He loves to snuggle in his bed that we put over the heat register (he''s in heaven when the furnace is on), LOL and he also waits on the couch for me to dump the clean and hot clothes fresh from the dryer, so he can burrow into the pile.

About making home made food... I was shamelessly teased by my friend when I had to make Max''s food from scratch...he had a digestive disorder and stopped eating dog food (he had been on the whole foods high quality brands)...he refused all canned, fresh frozen, all dog snacks, etc., so what was I supposed to do, let him starve? So for several months I made his food and he had to eat small meals 3 times a day...but thankfully he''s doing better now and we found a whole foods dry he loves...we tried dog food again, because he refused to eat the fresh foods after a while (although I do have to add warm water to soften the dry, LOL). And he''s a much happier pup now too.

I''ll upload pics as soon as I can!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love these pet threads. They always make me happy! Everyone''s pics are great, and Whitby, your pups are gorgeous. Smooshable faces, indeed!

We try to spoil our 2 cats by buying them toys every once in a while, but for some reason, they prefer playing with pens and plastic rings from milk jugs. A while ago we did buy two velvety mice, one purple and one red (one color for one cat, and the other for the other cat, as if they could tell which one was theirs!). Well, our male cat, Henry, only plays with the red one, for some reason. He carries it from room to room and he often snuggles with it. We call it his baby.
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone''s babies are soooo cute! PinkAsscher, I LOVE Mr. Magoo! And Whitby, if you ever need someone to puppysit D&D for a while, just let me know!
9.gif

For those of you who have kitties who refuse to play with kitty toys from pet stores, try this: Take a piece of aluminum foil and smoosh it up into a ball. They LOVE to roll these things around on hardwood/tile/linoleum floors because they make a FABULOUS noise!
2.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen, I love your bunny! That picture is just too cute, and I love your unique pet! In switzerland people had those monster bunnies that were bigger than dogs and they were treated just the same a a dog...leashes and all!

My dogs are spoiled by me. I let them up on the furniture, the bed, and have corrupted the poor things so they have trouble being trained properly, but its bc I have trouble disciplining them. The puppy dog eyes just always get me!

I hope I am more stern with future children.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 11:01:27 AM
Author: charbie
Elrohwen, I love your bunny! That picture is just too cute, and I love your unique pet! In switzerland people had those monster bunnies that were bigger than dogs and they were treated just the same a a dog...leashes and all!
I so want a big bunny! Something 10-15lbs would be perfect. I hope to get Otto a big bunny girlfriend some day
2.gif
I think we''ll have to move to a house first where we''ll have more space. I''d love to see people walking them down the street like dogs (no way would Otto ever let me put him on a leash)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, all three of my kitties are spoiled ROTTEN. They get to come in and out of the house whenever they please, crying to be let out, crying to be let back in. (Sometimes within seconds
20.gif
) They sleep wherever they want, even if it''s in my pile of clean, freshly-dried laundry. The youngest is a begger, and will stretch up next to the kitchen chairs every time we eat for a nibble, and unfortunately usually gets one. My Cleo shares McDonalds hamburger bread with me, too, haha.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allow them to live in spite of the fact that they decided my new, soft, smooth, unblemished leather sofa would look better "distressed." Note the fang marks on the arm, and that ain''t the worst of it.

vampcat.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The culprits, basking by the front window of my home office, new perch selected for proper window gazing, reclining on a new body-heat mat which rests on top of a super cushy king-sized bed pillow.

perchin.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t help posting another picture. Here is Otto squeezed between his cage and the wall. He''s giving me a very disapproving look because I asked what he thought he was doing back there.
3.gif

otto hiding and disapproving.jpg

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
elro your bunny is so cute. What a personality! It makes me want to get one, but it would end up in its crate more than out. With us working during the day and then being locked in at night it just wouldn''t be fair. That is the reason that I have two kitties, they can entertain each other during the day and they are independent enough that they do not need me all the time. They get plenty of human interaction though. There is usually one or both sitting with me at all times.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 4:29:48 PM
Author: radiantquest
elro your bunny is so cute. What a personality! It makes me want to get one, but it would end up in its crate more than out. With us working during the day and then being locked in at night it just wouldn't be fair. That is the reason that I have two kitties, they can entertain each other during the day and they are independent enough that they do not need me all the time. They get plenty of human interaction though. There is usually one or both sitting with me at all times.
I think bunnies are so much like cats - they're very independent and want to be with you on their terms not yours; some are more affectionate than others (though I've known more cuddley cats than bunnies); they can be destructive, or they can be very well behaved (luckily Otto never chews anything except cardboard and paper). They're very much alike (and often get along well together - I've heard of many happy bunny/cat friendships). I'm very allergic to cats, so bunnies made sense
1.gif
He's also good because he sleeps all day, but is awake when we're home, so he doesn't really miss us when we're gone. They're awesome pets, but definitely require the right people who will appreciate them. They're certainly cute though! Everyone can appreciate the cuteness
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 4:09:04 PM
Author: elrohwen
I couldn''t help posting another picture. Here is Otto squeezed between his cage and the wall. He''s giving me a very disapproving look because I asked what he thought he was doing back there.
3.gif

oh for pete''s sake, elrohwen - that''s RIDICULOUSLY cute!! like - off the scales!

did you see further back in this thread the photo i posted for you of my english setter who i think is like the dog equivalent of otto for cuteness? i think if dapple was a bunny, she''d look like otto and visa versa...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I just remembered another reason my dogs are spoiled.
We bought them a car. They couldn''t fit in either of our cars comfortably, so we got an SUV. I wish I could tell you another reason we bought the SUV, but honestly, our primary reason for purchasing it was puppy transport to the park.
Hmmm...they get monthly trips to the pet store for nail trimming, ear cleaning, and baths. And of course each time they go they pick out a treat or toy.
My dogs refuse to sleep on the floor...not even just the carpet. It has to be a dog bed, human bed, or couch. My mom was floored when we stayed with her and she realized they really would not settle down for a nap on her wooyd flooyrs.
Y2kitty: your heated cat bed hyad me in stitches!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
My cat is sleeping curled up on the couch next to me, she put her paw over her eyes to shield them, so my DH just said ''Awww the light is too bright for her..'' and got up and turned the overhead light off. So now I am sitting here in the dark.
20.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 10:07:59 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Date: 2/7/2010 4:09:04 PM
Author: elrohwen
3.gif

oh for pete''s sake, elrohwen - that''s RIDICULOUSLY cute!! like - off the scales!

did you see further back in this thread the photo i posted for you of my english setter who i think is like the dog equivalent of otto for cuteness? i think if dapple was a bunny, she''d look like otto and visa versa...
I did see that! I totally forgot to comment. She''s totally squishable - she just needs a flattened face like Otto
2.gif
It''s funny, on dogs, I don''t really like flat faces, but I think they''re adorable on rabbits!

And she''s definitely got the coloring right!

We''ll do a trade - I get Dapple for a week and you get Otto.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know if our kitten is spoiled - they all have different characters from birth. My previous cat was a simple black cat, very smart, but independent and not too warm. She''d accept your love on her own terms. But I still remember her walking with us from Newton to Needham, just running at our side, for 2-3 miles every day.

This cat is a 6-month old British Blue. She lives for one thing: social interaction. Food is important, and litter box, too, but if we don''t pat her or hug her often, she starts complaining. She used to sleep in our room - then we had to oust her out, because all night long she was walking on our bed, purring. And they purr so loudly. Or start kissing me in the middle of the night - I was not prepared to wake up to being kissed by something very hairy, wet and cold!

Now she sleeps at the door to our bedroom, waiting for someone to walk out. She doesn''t sneak in, no, she starts following that person all around the house.

And she hates these banners with rock groups that my older son left to us when he was moving out. I hate them, too, but she attacks them!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 3:57:25 PM
Author: Matata
The culprits, basking by the front window of my home office, new perch selected for proper window gazing, reclining on a new body-heat mat which rests on top of a super cushy king-sized bed pillow.

love that photo, matata - really got a "you caught us - ok - but dont expect us to get up" kinda feel!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
My dogs are definitely "spoiled" but they are still aware of who runs the "pack"
9.gif

Treats, walks, toys, grooming, good food, we do it all for our puppies. And of course, tons and tons of cuddle time every day
4.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn''t resist this thread! This is my cat Wednesday (as in the Adams family...). She completely lives up to her character with her crazy antics. She is spoiled but fairly responsive to what I tell her to do. I have taught her to sit and to sit pretty with her paws up! She sleeps next to me in bed, purring until she falls asleep. I was never a cat person, but she kept me company when DH was in the Navy and follows me around the house just like a puppy would. Greatest. Cat. Ever.

Wednesday1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results