Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's gorgeous, and I love the name and story behind it! :D

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
She is such a beauty! :love:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is so gorgeous! I love her eyes! I'm so glad you got her!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. absolutely adorable. I am a BIG fan of rescuing pets, our puppy is a shelter dog and it really just warms my heart to think that you saved this cat from whoe knows what and gave her a warm, cuddly, warm life.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I love her! :love:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Awww - she's a cutie.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely lady. I'm so happy you guys found each other!

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Lottie UK|1315940818|3016699 said:
Wow she is so beautiful. What lovely eyes, hypnotic.
Totally agree! Wow. I LOVE her eyes. Lucky you and lucky her. :)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I love kittens!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Basha, she is just a darling little kitten!!

Thank you for rescuing her and giving her a happy life.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Is 80rmb a lot for a cat? Wow... Anyway there is no need to contemplate the alternate life she would have had since she was placed in your path for an obvious reason. I'm so glad that you are completely in love with her - and I think she has already given you more love than 80rmb can buy. =)

Her eyes remind me of the scene in X-men origins where a young Charles Xavier was commenting on the condition in a lady's eyes at a pub.

Basha is tent. Ba Shi is 80... It is a cute name ;-) very fitting, and it will always remind you of her beginnings

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool cat! :love:

cheers--Sharon

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful cat, so photogenic! That's great that you rescued her, it takes a special person ;))

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
She's beautiful!

And so are you, for saving her.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. She is sooooooooooo beautiful. She looks so soft and sweet. Those eyes are killer too.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! May you have wonderful lives together. And as bad as it probably is for her, the blue paws tickle me so much that I'd be tempted to keep using that litter!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I hoped for congratulations but I didn't expect thanks! You all are so sweet :)

She's not quite good at not stepping in her poopies sometimes and she has been getting a lot of baths (every other day!) and in between if she got poopy paw I would just wash her paw in the sink. She doesn't like that much - would rather have a full bath. Anyway, now she washes her feet after going to the bathroom before she washes anything else - too freaking funny! Great learning curve :) Now if she would only learn to leave the tassels on the curtains alone!

I think she's between 12-16 weeks... still has all of her baby teeth but she had all of them when I got her a month ago... I keep waiting for her to lose one so I can estimate it!

goofy pics :)

8.jpg

20.jpg

17.jpg

9.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I just remembered something I had filed in my brain taking up space I need to remember important stuff...whatever gene combo makes white cats with different colored eyes also frequently can make them deaf. I'm sure she'll get along fine either way as I've never known a deaf or even blind cat to act impaired but please check her hearing. Basha is such a cute kitten!

Eta- or I could have totallY pulled that out of my butt though it's worth checking. If youre ever living somewhere she might play outside you don't want a deaf kitty anywhere near cars.

Eta- from wikipedia so you know its scholarly:
There is a common misconception that all odd-eyed cats are born deaf in one ear. This is not true, as about 60%–70% of odd-eyed cats can hear.[4] About 10%–20% of normal-eyed cats are born deaf or become deaf as part of the feline aging process.[4] White cats with one or two blue eyes do, however, have a higher incidence of genetic deafness, with the white gene occasionally causing the degeneration of the cochlea, beginning a few days after birth.[13] See also deafness in white cats.

I'm in love!! What a cutie! Please feel free to post pictures on a weekly basis!

Her eyes... simply gorgeous.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks :) I knew about the deaf thing but it didn't matter to me. I do indoor only cats :) She however does not appear to be deaf. She moves both ears independently to sounds.

I do have a question though for you guys... I want an opinion... she's an indoor cat and our male cat is fixed but there's always a *slight* chance she will escape somehow. I am a FIRM believer in getting her fixed and am looking for a good vet here, but what I've seen so far is DISGUSTING. I'm really worried about having her fixed here and would rather wait until we get back, but I also dont' want her to go through a heat cycle.

I'd really like some well thought out opinions about the pros and cons of things. She'd already be fixed if we were in the usa.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more funny pic... The kitten wants to groom my husband's goatee in the morning lol

grooming.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've heard that it's definitely better to get them spayed before their first heat, I think because it cuts down on the possibility of cancer later in life? I read something along those lines quite a while ago, so don't take my word for it. That said, if the conditions at the vets there are not good, I would absolutely wait to get her spayed in the US. Things can go wrong even in the US, I wouldn't risk it. (My sister's cat got spayed at a reputable place in the US and the vets lost a tiny piece of her ovary in her abdominal cavity, so the cat still goes into fake heat occasionally, which is uncomfortable for the cat and very annoying to deal with.)

When are you leaving China?

ETA also I looooooove the new pics, and her grooming your husband is ADORABLE. What a previous baby!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
We go home next summer... June probably. I am just so on the fence about it. I'm going to keep looking for a good one, there has to be some that are better!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
She is beautiful! I just LOVE her eyes!!!

You are both very lucky to have found each other.

Cachette :))

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Cehra she's GORGEOUS :love: thank you for saving her =) more pics more pics! (love the one of her in the sink btw!)

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra|1316015264|3017360 said:
We go home next summer... June probably. I am just so on the fence about it. I'm going to keep looking for a good one, there has to be some that are better!
I would definitely rely on word of mouth within the pet-owning expat community. I was really surprised to find an excellent vet in Tanzania. When I first saw her limited facilities I thought "no way!" but she's been great even for dentistry on our dogs. The customer service aspect of vet medicine is just so well refined in the U.S.. You can't expect the warm fuzzy waiting room, it'll probably be just a metal operating table and cages. Sanitation and the doctor's skill of course is non-negotiable.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Congrats!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is sooooooooo gorgeous!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results