shape
carat
color
clarity

My new baby...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Meet Mr Sticklebrick, he's an 11 week old African Pygmy Hedgehog.

I promised him to FI for his birthday last November and it has taken till now to find one! We picked him up from his very loving breeders this evening.

He is totally gorgeous, very happy little chap who seriously loves toys.

Mr Sticklebrick.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, he is adorable!!!! I want one. hehehe
How do you take care of him? What a cutie.
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Sticklebricks are a kid''s building block toy with ''prickles''.

Not sure if they are only in the UK

stickle_bricks_logo.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
They are an indoor pet, you keep them in a vivarium or big wire cage - but like to come out to play and cuddle. They eat Iams cat food or similar. Sleep all day and wake up when you get home from work. They like loads of toys and wheels to run on. Very easy to keep, but must be kept warm - 22-29 degrees C.

They are also very small!

Mr Sticklebrick1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, how cute!!! How big will he get? Gosh, that picture makes me want to scoop him up and hold him too
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Adult size is 5" to 8" and from 0.5lbs to 1.5lbs. So still pretty tiny.

The really great thing is that they are very unallergenic. FI is horribly allergic to cats, dogs and horses which meant we only had reptiles as pets - not very warm and cuddly. Anyway, he's been playing with this one all evening and not a sniff or a sneeze so far. Hooray!

They are quite prickly on top, but very soft and furry on their tummies - they don't much like being turned upside down though! The prickles don't hurt though and most of the time they lie flat so you can stroke them. They make the most lovely little noises and their noses are very snifferly.

I am in love
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, he is so cute. My friend used to have one of these and we would have so much fun playing with him and watching him when we were little kids.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t even know there was such a thing as a pygmy hedgehog! He is so cute!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh what a sweetie-pie. I have wanted a hedgehog, but hubby said no more pet/babies for now. You must post more pics of your new baby.
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 7:36:44 PM
Author: Sundial
I didn''t even know there was such a thing as a pygmy hedgehog! He is so cute!!!

I didn''t know either! I hope you and your FI enjoy your new baby!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh my oh my! I NEVER KNEW!!! How adorable is HE??!!
Well, congrats on finding a hypo-allergenic pet that SNUGGLES!

More pictures, please!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What an adorable little munchkin! Seems to like the camera too.....

cheers--Sharon

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
oh, he is so cute! makes me want one! how much do they generally cost? i''m off to search the internet now!
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Love the new pictures! I would love to have one of those adorable creatures, but I think my Jack Russell terrier would try to eat it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always loved hedgehogs! He is adorable and I love his name! Congrats on the new addition!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, he is darling! What a face! Maybe that is our answer to a pet. TGuy likes cats, I like dogs. We agreed we''re doomed to a life of fish. (Fish lovers, I use the word "doomed" in the nicest way, because I love fish too!)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Pandora! He''s soooo adorable! I showed him to my FI and he smiled and said, "awwww." I didn''t know you could own hedgehogs as pets (and I never knew there were actual breeders of them!).

By the way, we have stickle bricks too in the US, but I never knew that''s what they were called.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 10:19:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Oh, he is darling! What a face! Maybe that is our answer to a pet. TGuy likes cats, I like dogs. We agreed we''re doomed to a life of fish. (Fish lovers, I use the word ''doomed'' in the nicest way, because I love fish too!)
haha, us too! I love dogs and hubby loves cats.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
He's just precious!!
Pandora, we do have something like Stickle Bricks in the US, but they were called something different. I'm racking my brains for it now, but can't seem to recall the name. Same toy, though. And how appropriate for a hedgehog!

ETA: Bristle blocks!! not nearly as cute a name, though

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
Awww, takes some pics of him playing with his toys........pretty please
1.gif

He''s adorable!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Sticklebrick is SO cute! I love hedgehogs!!! What was the name of the one in the Beatrix Potter books? I can''t remember for the life of me. Congrats Pandora on your new baby!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
What a face!!!! Awwww. I''ve met one only once before but they are just darling. Is it hard to find a vet used to dealing with them?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness Pandora, he''s just adorable! That shot of him in the palm of your hand is just too cute. I didn''t realize how tiny he is. Thanks for sharing Mr. Sticklebrick and congrats on your new baby
2.gif
10.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
A hedgehog for a pet!!! Oh my gosh when I saw the picture I thought you were picking up stray animals. I''m so clueless about pets apart from cats, dogs, fish, hamster (and hamster-like) animals. He is so precious! And I bet he is going to be spoiled!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2007 12:17:13 AM
Author: monarch64
Mr. Sticklebrick is SO cute! I love hedgehogs!!! What was the name of the one in the Beatrix Potter books? I can''t remember for the life of me. Congrats Pandora on your new baby!
Well I sort of scratched my head all night about the name of that hedgehog in the BP books...finally I had to get up and search the internet for it! It''s Mrs. Tiggy-winkle! Sort of fits in with "mr. sticklebrick," I think! here is one of Potters'' drawings of her pet hedgehog:

images_MrsTW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results