shape
carat
color
clarity

My house is creeping me out...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, just checking back in...

I really want to thank everyone again for weighing in...you all made me feel a little less crazy. And also brought some situations into light that I hadn't considered...the earthquake, the weather.

I can't dispute that so much of what happened could be due to the weather we've had lately...and ergo, I'm going to give it a couple of days/weeks to see if anything else pops up. Although I'm not experiencing bumps, creaks, thumps--it could be anything.

I've also done some research on local churchs, ghost hunters and even a store that sells smudging sage stuff. If this keeps up, I'm going to take the plunge.

Thank you all again. I appreciate it very much!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Italia- I read your post yesterday, but didn't respond. I wondered if the refridgerator you bought into your house caused or changed the currently existing electromagnetic field? I've heard people talk about electromagnetic fields on ghost shows. I don't know anything about them myself. But I wonder if it could possibly have caused some of the things that happened? I believe in ghosts, but maybe there is another explanation?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Italia, thanks for updating us.

If these things hadn't started awhile back, I "might" be more inclined to possibly blame it on weather (though it still would be stretching it for me personally). But since they are not an isolated incident, well... Anyway, good luck, and I'm glad to hear you've checked into things in case you need them.

Let us know if there are any updates. I'll be thinkin of you.

Truly wishing you a Happy New Year. :wavey:

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely make the call! My sister swears here house is haunted. Things move, open and close, and the other day she came home, walked through the kitchena and heard a little girl say "mommy?" No one was in the house and she doesn't have kids....

Keep us updated!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I will add that your qtip dispenser could definitely have walked off a shelf. I work around a lot of stuff on shelves and things fall *all the time* by themselves. Vibration of passing feet on floors "walks" objects over the edge of shelving quite regularly. Actually that's one of the things many of us do in the mornings when it's slow- hunt for stuff that's teetering on the edge of shelves.

Also to add to iLander's post about un-level houses: they can definitely create a subtle feeling of wrongness/weirdness. And places can settle and become un-level even if they were fine to begin with.

Anyway, I sure hope it's something nice and simple like that!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Italia, I could buy the weather/earthquake explanation for the q-tip container. That seems very reasonable. But the thing with all your glassware being scattered (unbroken) around your house??? I don't think weather or an earthquake could make that happen! :-o

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I sympathize with your uneasy feeling. Plus, deciding whether or not to let friends and family know what is going--well, the thought of it makes me even "uneasier"! :(

We had a TV "episode" much like you described. It was in my 10 yo son's bedroom and it would come on all by itself at weird times in the early morning hours. It drove us nuts! So I told my son to unplug the dumb thing---problem solved. Except for one early morning the TV came on, so I got up to shut it off and my son was wide awake, completely flipped out. So I said "I told you to unplug it". He said "Um, Mom, it IS unplugged!" The next morning I hauled the thing out back, husband took a sledge hammer to it and hauled it to the curb. We haven't had a problem since, but it still creeps me out thinking about it. :shock:

We haven't had any problems since then...

Anyway, I hope you and your family can find some peace soon.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Irishgrrrl|1294101174|2813612 said:
Italia, I could buy the weather/earthquake explanation for the q-tip container. That seems very reasonable. But the thing with all your glassware being scattered (unbroken) around your house??? I don't think weather or an earthquake could make that happen! :-o

That was definitely my first "freak out" moment...it was just the weirdest thing. I had glasses on my kitchen table chairs, on the storage shelf beneath my table top, some were laying perpendicular to wall and others laying parallel. No rhyme, no reason to how they "fell" and ended up there. I just kept hearing this "tinkling" sound on the first floor...and that was what I found. Not a single one broken.

But, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is to blame to for the recent falling of the q-tip jar.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Prana|1294085465|2813350 said:
Italia- I read your post yesterday, but didn't respond. I wondered if the refridgerator you bought into your house caused or changed the currently existing electromagnetic field? I've heard people talk about electromagnetic fields on ghost shows. I don't know anything about them myself. But I wonder if it could possibly have caused some of the things that happened? I believe in ghosts, but maybe there is another explanation?

Hi! Great question...but, no. The fridge wasn't electric, it was an icebox. I was going to have it wired for electricity and updated...but the weirdness started the day after I brought it home and had the guy out for an estimate. No "modification" was ever done...because I felt weird from that minute on.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I haven't read all of the replies, but I would go to a Catholic church and arrange a house blessing. Last time I had to do this, they actually gave me some holy water and told me to sprinkle it around, and have a Bible in the room. It worked, but if it hadn't, the priest was going to come and bless the room (it was a dorm room my sophomore year of college). Tell them exactly what you told us, and you shouldn't have a problem. This happens more often than you'd expect! (And it's kind of refreshing to be in a place where you say you're "having a bit of a ghost emergency" and they think you're totally sane and can tell you what to do!)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to let you know italia, we did have an earthquake at the same time you report the things that happened. Check the Sun. Your dog knew what was happening. Smart little dog. Was all over the news. No ghosts that morning.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Italia, I think (and hope) that everything you're describing could be explained by that earthquake, gen. changes in the weather, your house "settling". Just the same, you're uneasy and I strongly recommend that you seek out a Priest to bless your home, or find a pastor or some other christian person who can do something similar. I could not live in a home like that.

Good luck and please continue to keep us updated!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1293835183|2811232 said:
I don't think you have a ghost.

I believe in ghosts, but I don't feel that you have one. I have felt them before; once I was in an antique store, and the 150 year old chair in the corner still had it's owner in it. Older guy, very tan, white hair, stern guy, etc. Didn't bother me, I didn't bother him, but I didn't buy the chair. His presence was so obvious, I couldn't figure out why no one else saw it. So, yes, I believe in them, but you don't have one.

You have an unlevel house. Take a ball bearing or marble, put it in the middle of a smooth floor and see if it doesn't roll with the tiniest nudge. Now put the marble on the ladder shelf. The shelf may be level relative to the bathroom, but if the bathroom is not level, how would you know? Now try it in the kitchen.

The earthquake may have been a couple of days ago, but the ground is still shifting and will continue to do so for quite some time, sometimes years. Your house will settle because of the earth's movement.

if the house is wood frame, the cold will make the framing contract as well.

And the icebox was mostly made of lead and zinc, which is very heavy, and the ladie's tires were pretty old.

The dog freaked because he realized he had to go and he wasn't going to make it. if he sensed danger, he would have growled and barked, which you didn't report.

if it makes you feel better to get a blessing, then go right ahead and I applaud you for it. :appl: It's not necessary, though. But it can't hurt either. I don't think you're crazy, BTW.

If you'd like, you can burn some sage, and make sure the smoke goes out the windows. This is supposed to take spirits with it.

Ha - like a total insomniac I am on PS late and this is the only post that is helping me not feel scared from what Italia has described!!! Eeeee! I am freaked out! DH is asleep upstairs and I'm scared as death downstairs. If insomnia only needed one more thing to keep it up, it's scary ghost stories!!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, you are not crazy, i personally believe in spirits and hauntings. I would double check with your local priest or minister. Also, you can burn Sage in the house, it gets rid of negativity, and also you can burn a Frankinsce in the house( Given by the wise men), i wouldnt reccommed the two together, but if you Christian, Frankinsce should help until a priest can come out. Thats what i burn in my house, and do cleaning with, incase anything comes in from my moms work( Funeral Home too)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok guys, Italia and I live a mile apart, we had an earthquake verified by the national earthquake center. The dog felt an earthquake.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1294146230|2813905 said:
Ok guys, Italia and I live a mile apart, we had an earthquake verified by the national earthquake center. The dog felt an earthquake.

Yay! Definitely glad that's what this was.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Italia, what about getting a nanny cam or two & setting them up, especially at night & while you're out? They're not expensive & might give you some evidence one way or another. Worth a try.

--- Laurie

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I still feel like that can't be the explanation for the glassware.... I mean.. unbroken?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1294151930|2813941 said:

I still feel like that can't be the explanation for the glassware.... I mean.. unbroken?

I agree with Dragonfly. If the incident with the dog freaking out and the q-tip jar falling were just one isolated occurrence, I would 100% accept the earthquake/weather explanation. But Italia mentioned that there have been other REALLY FREAKY things happening in her house (the glassware, the TV issues, etc.) that aren't so easy to explain away. I don't think she's out of line in suspecting that there might be something "odd" going on, so I don't blame her for wanting to do whatever needs to be done to fix the problem (whether that be burning sage, using holy water, having a priest bless the house, or whatever she decides to do).

Italia, I think your peace of mind is of primary importance here. I don't think you're over-reacting or reading too much into what's been going on, and I don't blame you at all for being concerned. Please keep us updated!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Italia!

I don't believe you're crazy or overreacting. I once had spooky things happen in our home (have had many experiences over the years, in other homes during my childhood, but this was the first in our newly built house).

First, I noticed my dogs becoming more and more restless each night. Barking and chasing things I couldn't see. Growling and guarding behavior directed at thin air, etc. Then, one evening while I was puttering around the house, DD was in the kitchen coloring. She was just in the next room. All of a sudden I hear her crying so I run into the kitchen and ask what happened, and she said that she heard me walking in the kitchen behind her, so she turned around but I wasn't there. Then someone said, in a loud whisper, "Shhhhhhh!" right in her ear, so of course she freaked out (she's only 5!)

That same night, I woke up and saw a creepy old guy next to the bed. Of course, it could have been one of those waking dream things, but sure felt real. As I looked at him standing on the opposite side of the bed (I was alone, DH was working nights at the time), he started crawling across the bed towards me. I literally kicked my legs towards him, to ward him off, and at the same time scrambled off the bed. By the time I was standing, he had vanished. I felt like I couldn't breathe and was totally panic-stricken.

But here's the kicker! The next night, DD woke up screaming and crying in the middle of the night. I asked her what happened and she kept saying she looked out her window and saw an old man in the driveway staring up at her and she couldn't breathe. She had dreamed it, because she hadn't actually gotten out of bed, but the similarity to my experience was the last straw! I stood at the bottom of my stairs and announced that I knew he was there, and what does he want me to do for him? To make himself known. LOL, I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but I just felt like I needed to call him out. And after that the spooky stuff stopped happening as quickly as it had started.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1294105135|2813677 said:

That was definitely my first "freak out" moment...it was just the weirdest thing. I had glasses on my kitchen table chairs, on the storage shelf beneath my table top, some were laying perpendicular to wall and others laying parallel. No rhyme, no reason to how they "fell" and ended up there. I just kept hearing this "tinkling" sound on the first floor...and that was what I found. Not a single one broken.

But, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is to blame to for the recent falling of the q-tip jar.

That happened in my house when I first moved in. I heard a huge thud and a glass was sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor, unbroken, right side up. It did freak me out, but it didn't ever happen again, so I figured it was luck that it fell unbroken somehow. Another time a glass did fall again and not break, but it didn't make it to the floor...just the counter.

Anyway, hope you can figure all this out!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Scary- not feeling uncomfortable in your own home is terrible (it should be somewhere you feel safe), and what ever you and your hubby can do to make you feel more comfortable should be done.
Dunno if I believe in ghosts or not, but quite often when BF is away and I am asleep at night I wake up really suddenly staring at this one corner of our bedroom. It never happens when he is there. It freaks me out a bit to be honest, its as if I sense something there in my sleep, so sometimes I sleep in the spare bedroom. Dunno if this is paranormal or paranoia tho....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If reading these posts about the earthquake and/or settling house haven't calmed your concern, then call the ghost hunter or a priest to grant yourself peace-of-mind.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
::waits to hear what Italia is thinking/doing::

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1294176864|2814245 said:

I'm still on the path of wait and see.

Heres the thing...my gut is telling me there may be something in my house that shouldn't be here, but my practical side is saying "well, people are telling me..." and that is pretty heavy when all things are considered. Opening my home to someone is a big step for me, and I'm cautious about smudging myself since I know essentially nil about the subject may just end up angering something that's otherwise pretty benign.

I trust April, and although some weird stuff happened before this past Friday, Friday is what prompted me to speak up and want action. So, if what happened is really because the Earth moved, then I shouldn't be totally freaked out...yet.

I have sent a few e-mails to ghost hunters in my general area giving the evidence I posted here, I did this on Monday, and no one has responded yet. I did this primarily to open some sort of communication with someone in the know that I could get a feel for. So, with that said, if someone does e-mail and is like "I must come over and feel the place out" then I'd be probably be okay with that...but until then I'm not feeling threatened enough (given the recent enlightenment about the Earthquake) to go banging on doors. I really, really don't want to be that girl who is seeing lions where there are only house-cats, you know? I guess I'm at a stand still.

Being as that I'm not what you would call religious I'm finding it hard to reach out to a Church. I was raised Catholic, I have my sacraments and did belong to a Church when I was younger...but nothing in the recent years. It's a scenario I'm willing to consider as far as the house blessing goes, but I always thought the Church mainly intervened when they sensed demonic presence (nope, not even going there thankyouverymuch). I'd honestly rather ask for a blessing as opposed to a cleansing. But...I think I should have someone investigate first--if they see fit to do so to get the hard facts. This is actually the hardest part for me to find cold hard evidence on since research upturns next to nothing on local Churches who offer this service, but I'm trying.

So...that's it.

And honestly, I don't mean to scare anyone. Really. The fact is, outside of Friday and the rare occasion before that, I'm not scared. I get creeped when things happen...but I don't walk around shaking and I don't hate being here. So, if I'm not scared--you shouldn't be either. It's weird, yes...but not terrifying....and I'm not running out of here.

On a side note, I want to thank everyone again. As many of you probably know, I took an extended break from PS and really felt like I didn't want to come back...but I slowly did, and I can honestly say...I missed you all very, very much. I belong to some other forums, but nothing is really like PS--and believe me when I say that. I appreciate each one of you that takes the time to weigh in on my big and really not so big issues with support, advice and the occasional place-putting. So, sincerely, thank you.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Italia,

If you want someone else to come in and take care of this for you, but you're more spiritual than religious, there are professional space clearers in the Chicago area. http://www.spaceclearing.com/html/component/content/article/106/719-illinois
They are fully equiped to deal with energetic disturbances, and should able to dispel any ghosts. There is a cost associated with having your space cleared, but I believe consultations are free.

The space clearing itself is a beautiful ceremony, and unlikely to anger any resident spirits.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1294195408|2814566 said:
dragonfly411|1294176864|2814245 said:

I'm still on the path of wait and see.

Heres the thing...my gut is telling me there may be something in my house that shouldn't be here, but my practical side is saying "well, people are telling me..." and that is pretty heavy when all things are considered. Opening my home to someone is a big step for me, and I'm cautious about smudging myself since I know essentially nil about the subject may just end up angering something that's otherwise pretty benign.

I trust April, and although some weird stuff happened before this past Friday, Friday is what prompted me to speak up and want action. So, if what happened is really because the Earth moved, then I shouldn't be totally freaked out...yet.

I have sent a few e-mails to ghost hunters in my general area giving the evidence I posted here, I did this on Monday, and no one has responded yet. I did this primarily to open some sort of communication with someone in the know that I could get a feel for. So, with that said, if someone does e-mail and is like "I must come over and feel the place out" then I'd be probably be okay with that...but until then I'm not feeling threatened enough (given the recent enlightenment about the Earthquake) to go banging on doors. I really, really don't want to be that girl who is seeing lions where there are only house-cats, you know? I guess I'm at a stand still.

Being as that I'm not what you would call religious I'm finding it hard to reach out to a Church. I was raised Catholic, I have my sacraments and did belong to a Church when I was younger...but nothing in the recent years. It's a scenario I'm willing to consider as far as the house blessing goes, but I always thought the Church mainly intervened when they sensed demonic presence (nope, not even going there thankyouverymuch). I'd honestly rather ask for a blessing as opposed to a cleansing. But...I think I should have someone investigate first--if they see fit to do so to get the hard facts. This is actually the hardest part for me to find cold hard evidence on since research upturns next to nothing on local Churches who offer this service, but I'm trying.

So...that's it.

And honestly, I don't mean to scare anyone. Really. The fact is, outside of Friday and the rare occasion before that, I'm not scared. I get creeped when things happen...but I don't walk around shaking and I don't hate being here. So, if I'm not scared--you shouldn't be either. It's weird, yes...but not terrifying....and I'm not running out of here.

On a side note, I want to thank everyone again. As many of you probably know, I took an extended break from PS and really felt like I didn't want to come back...but I slowly did, and I can honestly say...I missed you all very, very much. I belong to some other forums, but nothing is really like PS--and believe me when I say that. I appreciate each one of you that takes the time to weigh in on my big and really not so big issues with support, advice and the occasional place-putting. So, sincerely, thank you.

Italia dear - Thank you for your update. I'm truly curious, so I'll keep watch over your thread. I have heard from Ghost Hunters that if you want a presence to leave, you should clearly state it in an authorative manner within the home. Perhaps try that?

Also, I'm REALLY GLAD you are back. ::)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1294162475|2814066 said:
Italiahaircolor|1294105135|2813677 said:

That happened in my house when I first moved in. I heard a huge thud and a glass was sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor, unbroken, right side up. It did freak me out, but it didn't ever happen again, so I figured it was luck that it fell unbroken somehow. Another time a glass did fall again and not break, but it didn't make it to the floor...just the counter.

Anyway, hope you can figure all this out!

Stemware?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's good to see you Italia! Your doggies are sweethearts! Don't let that little earthquake scare you, trust the dogs. If something is there, they will tell you. I am sure that is what he felt that Friday but if he feels something again, then go for the consult.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italia - just my thoughts...in your case, I would call rather than email. Sometimes hearing a person's voice can provide a better sense of who you're working with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results