shape
carat
color
clarity

My Father Fell Down The Stairs, My Brother's On Furlough...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Father Fell Down The Stairs, My Brother's On Furlough

Dancing Fire|1382207463|3540725 said:
yes,Deb...the Democratic Party can do no wrong...

It is rewarding to know that you read my postings so carefully, Dancing Fire, and bother to follow the points I make in them. Thank you! ;))

Deb
:saint:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What we just saw is nothing compared to what will eventually happen if spending and the deficit continue to rise. What is insane is continuing to raise the debt ceiling. We haven't seen anything yet.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Deb, I hope your dad is recovering well. What a hard thing to go through.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1382233772|3540910 said:
What we just saw is nothing compared to what will eventually happen if spending and the deficit continue to rise. What is insane is continuing to raise the debt ceiling. We haven't seen anything yet.

Except the deficit is not continuing to rise. It's falling. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/26/the-falling-deficit-has-been-a-disaster-for-the-gop/

It's not insane to raise the debt ceiling. Quite the contrary. The money has already been spent, the bills must be paid. One could argue that it's insane to not cut spending given that we have so much debt. One could argue that spending has been cut, a.k.a. "the sequester". One could argue that the sequester is a wonderful thing that will put us on the road to prosperity - or that it's a horrible thing that is serving to further weaken a fragile economy.

But to argue that defaulting on our debt can even be considered, which is what would have happened had the debt ceiling not been raised, is insane. Of course, this is just my bleeding heart liberal opinion - but many normal old-fashioned Republicans (the kind that I used to vote for on occasion) have come out in agreement.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Deb, how are you and how is your Dad doing?? Sending healing vibes and hugs your way... xoxo :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results