shape
carat
color
clarity

My dog took a crap on my bed

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
She is healthy. She is young. She is trained. But last night, my dog took a crap on my bed! I had been sitting on the bed, watching TV, and I got up to charge my phone. One minute later, as I climbed on my bed...there it was. And she had bolted.

Any explanations? Has your dog ever done this to you?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh shit, that stinks!

One of our cats used to poop on our bathroom rug when we went away for the weekend even though he always knew where to go when we were home. We thought they were angry or retaliatory poops and called them "intentionals" because they certainly were not accidents. The cat trained us well, as we learned to remove the rug or close the bathroom door before leaving for the weekend.

Has anything in changed with your dog's routine?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Nothing extremely loud or scary happened while you were out of the room, did it? Barring nothing that literally scared the $hit out of her, typically incidents like that do have a behavioral explanation but it's hard to say without tons more information about her past, age, background, training, your family, etc.

My cat is a barfer. The act of barfing itself I don't think is on purpose, but I DO think that him making a point to jump up and do it on our clean sheets every week might be lol!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had it happen on the carpet a few times (over 15+ years!). Once was due to excitement (she was about to go play) and the other couple of times seemed to be that she didn't do what she needed to earlier and found herself in an urgent need sort of situation. I think one of those we had snow outside and she refused to do her thing in the snow...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
braga123|1393991922|3627705 said:
I had been sitting on the bed, watching TV, and I got up to charge my phone.
One minute later, as I climbed on my bed...there it was.

I have the same reaction to TV. :D

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
She may have had to go really bad, but didn't have the time to let you know.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Touch wood, neither the cat or the dog has poo'ed inside the house.

The cat did pee in the house once on the first full day she was at mine, as she was not chipped at the time so I did not let her out. Now I know better to let her out as she loves it outside.

DK :))

amc80

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient said:
Had it happen on the carpet a few times (over 15+ years!). Once was due to excitement (she was about to go play) and the other couple of times seemed to be that she didn't do what she needed to earlier and found herself in an urgent need sort of situation. I think one of those we had snow outside and she refused to do her thing in the snow...

Oh, good...it's not just my dog who decides it's too cold to go outside?

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, we had that when my dog was in his teenage phase and was clearly testing out the waters to see what he could get away with (as in, he jumped on the bed and tried to do that while looking me in the eye!). How old is your dog? Make sure you use some diluted vinegar to get rid of the smell.

Oh, and PS, just yesterday our guy threw up on the couch while we were at work, so you are in good company here. :naughty:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
My sister's two mini-pins do/did that sort of thing out of spite in their "teenage" years.If she was gone for too long one day one would chew up a shoe and leave it IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR! The other will go to the bathroom in a room away from people if he's left in his crate all morning/afternoon, of if scolded for some other misbahavior. It's a weird cycle because then he's just put BACK in his crate. Silly, dumb little dog :rolleyes:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Never happened to me.
Does your dog sleep in your bed with you? We have two dogs, but they sleep in a shared crate in our walk-in closet. If I were you, I would never let my dog on my bed again.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your dog stressed over something? Did the dog get in trouble for something earlier in the day? Could be it is just too lazy to do elsewhere or testing you out/pushing the boundaries so to speak as others have mentioned as well....

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
She sleeps with us on our bed. Has NEVER peed, much less pooped on the bed. She always communicates when she needs to go to the restroom.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
any other changes in your life? maybe the dog is reacting to something different in the house/your life?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results