shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dog...

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
ate my wedding ring set.

feeling pretty muderous right now, although it isn't fully her fault.

Came in from shopping and took my rings off and set them next to my grocery bag.
Came out of the bathroom to my groceries on the floor, a destroyed bag of Zukes treats, and no rings.

I've looked everywhere, under the fridge, in the trash, hoping she just knocked it into something but no luck.

Doesn't help that DH is literally laughing on the floor at the aspect if what's to come.

I'm about to kick him.

I need someone to tell me that it's going to be okay.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, it'll be okay. Did you see or read Marley and Me?

If you have to kick anybody, make sure it's hubby and not the dog! You have to admit, doggy has good taste, right?
let us know his it goes.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
user error so kick yourself, please!

then call the vet, explain the situation and see if you can get a doggie laxative.....

eta: and since it was your mistake and not hubby's, i'm with him for laughing right now because its going to be you sifting through the poop.......

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Follow him around for the next few days and search his poop. If he starts to develop any discomfort, whines, mopes, or acts otherwise unusual, take him to the vet to check for blockage. It has to come out eventually...

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
no sir, it won't be me sifting through it.

The dog shouldn't have been in the house for one,
and two, dh watched the dog get on the counter via bar chairs.

and maybe it was my wording, but I would never hit/hurt my dog.

Still disturbing.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
SHE THREW IT UP!

apparently eating 24 treats didn't settle well, all of it has come out, along with all 3 of my rings

Hallefreakingluah.
lesson learned, don't take of your rings anywhere other than your jewelry box, and don't trust your husband to keep your dog out of the house.

-she will now get a pepcid covered in peanut butter to settle her stomach.
And I just overheard my husband saying "thank you Jesus!"

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is great news!
:appl:
and i'm with you re hubby being the "sifter"!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny!! I'm so glad she threw it up and you didn't have to sift thru poop - I'd take dog vomit over dog poop any day!

Now soak them well with whatever you prefer as your ring cleaning agent, brush and then soak again (that's just me being super anal about bacteria...) and I think a ring holder in the kitchen would be a good idea ;))

Glad you have your rings back ---- if only they could talk... :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, YAY!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :lol:

Yes, rings off only in one place in the house is my personal rule. Otherwise I am sure they'd be lost forever! :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I soooooo like it when by the time I log on and read the thread its umm, resolved with happy ending. That's about the best outcome you could hope for - now let's hope your furry baby has no ill effects. :saint:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh! :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I'm awfully glad it worked...um...out..just fine! Hope your dog learned a lesson & is ok from the adventure. You too!

--- Laurie

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SO FUNNY!

I'm very glad you got your rings back though!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Yall have nooooo idea!
This is the same dog that went through my bakers pantry and ate a whole bag of Hershey Kisses (That i bought for peanut butter blossoms)

I was freaking out, calling the vets (we were in Korea, mind you)
when she does her ..ahem...business.
turned out, she didn't chew it, just literally swallowed it, so it was still covered in foil. LOL.
Damn dog :lol:
it's been almost 6 hours, and she seems fine, if not a littl apprehensive of her food. Hah

Never a dull day in this household :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you got them back! Now you need to do one of those dog shaming signs saying how
your dog ate your wedding set! :lol:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, perfect idea, Tyty!! :devil: You poor girl, your dog sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Got one of those myself (she ate most of a pair of my glasses once, not as valuable as your rings) so I can empathize. Kisses with the foil, oy vay!

--- Laurie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad your dog and the wedding set (were the three rings all wedding rings?) are all OK. One of my dogs (a Golden Retriever) ate a lump of lead that a plumber had left on the basement floor. He had been welding and it was molten when it first fell. It fell in a big plop. Only a retriever would eat something like that. It passed through in the same shape in which it went in. No lead actually ingested. (I can't get my Newfie, who is twice the size she was, to eat cooked chicken!) But Labs and Goldens will eat a bowl of dust. Certainly they will eat a platter of doughnuts left out or a ham left on the table for Easter dinner.

I'm glad your dog wasn't harmed by her adventure!

Deb
:wavey:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
3 rings- my three stone, my grandmothers wedding band from the early 1900's, and a brand new rose gold band that I've only worn a handful of times so.far.

my dog would eat her own tail if she could. It's not that she's underfed in annny way (her food is so expensive!) it's just...she likes eating.
Even more, when she knows she's not suppose to!
I was worried because she ate 24 treats that are meant for hip and joint supplements but the very said not to worry about it.
I gave her one for dinner (she typically inhales her treats) but she licked it, and then backed off :roll:
now I have to find a new "treat" for her aging bones :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got your rings back.

A little disappointed that your husband didn't get doody duty.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to come back and see that your dog and rings are okay! Hopefully doggy will be back to normal eating soon.

For the record, I was teasing, I didn't think you'd really hit anybody.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Re:

KaeKae|1373167400|3478383 said:
So glad to come back and see that your dog and rings are okay! Hopefully doggy will be back to normal eating soon.

For the record, I was teasing, I didn't think you'd really hit anybody.

HAHAHAHA!
I'd so beat up my husband. but the less you know...,
Lol :Up_to_something:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, I read your story while I was at work today. You made my day! :lol: :lol: My heart was in my throat when you first posted, worrying about it actually NOT being eaten by the dog but it being just lost! Then your update made me laugh out loud. Oy vey. What an adventurous Saturday you've had!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
bright and early
Back to normal! :appl:

img_20130707_100151_465_clean.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
...but look at that crafty grin, he's got something planned for the day.... that mind is just *WHIRLING* with activity!! :lol:

Make sure that today's shopping trip is one that you pick up a ring holder!! :wink2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1373206214|3478488 said:
bright and early
Back to normal!

Adorable!

Deb
:wavey:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm just catching up with PS after a busy few weeks, and... wow! I'm so glad this turned out ok in the end!

Seriously though, I hope you have a really, really good ultrasonic... ;))
Glad your sweet doggy is ok.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH just asked what I'm cackling at :bigsmile:

Very glad for a happy and mostly drama-free ending!! :appl: And yeah, DH would DEFINITELY have been on doody duty for this one!
Your pup sounds like a handful :naughty:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1373249423|3478827 said:
DH just asked what I'm cackling at :bigsmile:
Your pup sounds like a handful :naughty:

Lol I'm happy everyone go a good laugh at my sake :)
I dropped my rings off at my local jeweler for a cleaning, pick up for tomorrow, so no more uckiness.

and Yssie, she totally is a handful! but she's a.wonderful handful who I'm grateful to.have everyday :)
My dog guarentees asst least one laugh a day. Love her :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1373250641|3478832 said:
My dog guarentees asst least one laugh a day. Love her :lol:

Ours is the same way :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results