shape
carat
color
clarity

My dog''s surgery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
The doctor just called Rick and I and told us Mazie had her surgery. We want to go see her, but can''t until tomorrow. I guess they want to keep her quiet.

The doctor told us, Mazie had a lot of damage done to her eye. She also said a cyst may form in the eye socket and it will need to be drained, or she will require more surgery.

She also said they will not know if Mazie is blind in her good eye, until tomorrow morning. Please keep good thoughts that our precious little girl is not.

We pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

Love to all,

Linda

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww keeping your dog in my thoughts. I hope that her good eye will be ok. Even if the worst happens and it''s damaged,many dogs go onto live very happy lives even when they''re blind. It just requires a bit more work in keeping her. I hope that you get good news tomorrow!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending my strongest prayers to Maizie!!!
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

HUGS to you Linda!! Hang in there!!
1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes to you and your baby, Linda.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, (((huggs))) and prayers to you & Mazie.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Linda, I just went back and read what happened and am just heartbroken! I hope that your baby is ok! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers!

Do you have any pics of her you could post for us?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers continue.
poor Mazie:{

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2008 5:13:50 PM
Author: strmrdr
prayers continue.
poor Mazie:{
HI:

Ditto.
8.gif

Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biggest hugs outgoing to you and Mazie. Hope all turns out "well" and she''s up and about in no time.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about your pup, I can''t even imagine how you feel. My thoughts are with you!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry Linda!
8.gif
I just read up on Mazie''s story. I totally agree that the other dogs have to go. I wouldn''t trust them around kids right now either, that''s just awful.

I hope everything turns out okay. My good friend adopted a 2 year old blind dog, and he is just amazing. Dogs aren''t like people, they adapt to situations much quicker. Hope she does have some sight left though. Take care.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking best thoughts for her. I called her a "him" earlier, sorry.
40.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers outgoing for Mazie and for you too Linda.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
The good news is you were able to get her immediate care. She will soon be home to convalesce and have your calming support she needs to recover. I am sure your quick thinking and action has done more to help her than you can imagine. You and your husband should be proud you acted so quickly.

FYI: Hubby just read this thing on Harp music. It has a certain note that calms and relaxes dogs. They encourage harp music for nervous times, such as tstorms or when they have to be left alone. Also for recovery from injuries. I wonder if that may help your sweetie to get her much needed rest? I am sure you whole house could do with a little calmness.

Please count on continued support from me.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m still sending my most positive thoughts yours and Maisie''s way! I''ve been thinking about her all day and really, really hope that she has vision in her other eye.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Sending your precious pup good thoughts right now...Hope her other eye will be okay--poor thing
8.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
The poor thing. God bless her heart. I''ve been thinking about your little pup all day.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Wishing for Mazie the very best of news and sending lots of healing thoughts her way.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry that you and little Mazie have had to go through all this.

I will keep you both in my prayers.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Prayers outgoing for your baby''s recovery and being able to keep the sight in her good eye! Keep us posted Linda.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Prayers for you and your beloved Mazie. Much love from my little spaniel, Charlie, too. I''m so upset by this situation and can only offer my support. I wish that I could do more.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying hard for Maisie!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2008 6:39:58 AM
Author: bee*
Hope your dog is doing better today!
DITTO!!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
your story just breaks my heart. You poor thing and your poor little dog. I hope your dog has a speedy recovery.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
checking in
prayers continue

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your good wishes.

Rick and I picked up Mazie early this morning. She is doing WONDERFUL. She was so happy to see us. The best news ever, SHE CAN SEE OUT OF HER OTHER EYE.
36.gif

I cried when I saw her though, only one eye looking at me, but I am so thankful she is alive. She is so happy to be home and she is taking a nap right now on our bed. Our computer is in our bedroom.

She has to wear a cone around her head for two weeks, which she is not happy about. She has trouble seeing things with just one eye, she is a little off kilter, but the vet assured me, me she will get used to having one eye. I hand fed her breakfast and she missed my hand. We are so glad our little girl is home.

We are looking for a Lab Rescue to take the other two Labs. My daughter very upset with us right now, but we have to keep Mazie safe.

Thank you all again for your support. All of you mean the world to me.

Love,
Linda

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Great! great great great! That is fabulous news Linda! I''m so glad she is able to see out of her eye.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That''s great news about her eye! She will get used to it quickly. I''m sorry that it''s caused problems with your daughter but I''m sure that she''ll understand what you''re doing is right. You have to protect your little Mazie. Give her a cuddle from me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results