shape
carat
color
clarity

My Daughter Gave Me Birthday Bling!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I woke up today to the excited face of my five year old daughter who wanted to give me my birthday present as early as possible! It was wrapped in paper that she had colored pink.

So without further ado, here is my new Leon Mege-inspired ring...

L1000674.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I really think Leon outdid himself with the fine detailing on my new ring...

He does WONDERS with plastic! I never knew!

L1000669.JPG

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hehehehe, that''s AMAZING!
30.gif
Very impressed!
9.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
There are some scratches on the 94% table, so I'm pretty sure this is an I1 stone...

I'm guessing an oval shaped emerald step-cut modified brilliant transitional cushion....any other guesses?

L1000663.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a little loose, so I''ll have to have it re-sized.....

Oh wait! Leon thinks of EVERYTHING!

L1000667.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I AM going to have to contact Leon about the setting...it appears that my fine stone may be a tad bit askew...

L1000673.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That girl sure knows her mommie
31.gif
. And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, hmmmm?
11.gif

Happy Birthday!

p.s. -- you have notified State Farm haven't you?
3.gif

p.p.s. -- the finger (hand
23.gif
) coverage IS pretty good -- but, one word: HALO!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Well, there you have it. Don''t hurt yourselves rushing to Leon to have my ring copied! There''s enough to go around!

Really, it was the sweetest way to turn 34 ever. She got it in a birthday goody bag and told me, "It looks much prettier on you than me, so I wanted you to have it."
12.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 11:28:21 AM
Author: decodelighted

That girl sure knows her mommie
31.gif
. And the apple doesn''t fall far from the tree, hmmmm?
11.gif

Happy Birthday!

p.s. -- you have notified State Farm haven''t you?
3.gif

p.p.s. -- the finger (hand
23.gif
) coverage IS pretty good -- but, one word: HALO!

Yes, she knows her mommy. But honestly my love of jewelry waited three decades to arrive--her''s is innate. She loves to point at shiny jewelry and ask, "Is that a REEEEEAALLLLLL gem?" loudly, in earshot of the wearer
7.gif

And yes, I do think a halo would benefit the stone. GREAT idea. I''ll email Leon right away.

widget

Ideal_Rock
How incrediblly sweet!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
(and btw..HAPPY BIRTHDAY!)

(wallermama...hang on to that treasure! (I clearly remember being devastated when I saw some earrings I''d gotten for my mother in the Good Will box several months later.
7.gif
)

widget

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, widget, monarch and curlygirl!

Yes, I treasure these things. And I sneak out REALLY late on trash night to "recycle" the artwork overflow
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, Wallermama. That is THE cutest, sweetest birthday gift EVER! And I was totally cracking up at all of your captions.
9.gif
You''re such a ham.

Happy 34th birthday!!! Will you be celebrating tonight...say, dinner out? Perhaps a carby yet delicious pasta plate at Delfina, or garlic crab and buttery noodles at Crustacean, or maybe go all out and nab a table at Gary Danko?
31.gif
(wait, I think they have a 2 month wait list, right? Jeez) Anyway, that ring is a treasure to keep forever. Such a sweet little daughter!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear ya on the artwork overflow. Except I haven''t gotten to the point where I can overcome my nostalgia and actually throw something out. So I cleared out a shelf in one of my cabinets and have been storing everything there. When the time comes to start emptying it, I think someone will have to drug me so I''m passed out and don''t know it''s happening!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 12:43:09 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Awwww, Wallermama. That is THE cutest, sweetest birthday gift EVER! And I was totally cracking up at all of your captions.
9.gif
You''re such a ham.

Happy 34th birthday!!! Will you be celebrating tonight...say, dinner out? Perhaps a carby yet delicious pasta plate at Delfina, or garlic crab and buttery noodles at Crustacean, or maybe go all out and nab a table at Gary Danko?
31.gif
(wait, I think they have a 2 month wait list, right? Jeez) Anyway, that ring is a treasure to keep forever. Such a sweet little daughter!!!

Thanks, Kristy!

Actually, we are doing nothing. Her 5th birthday was yesterday, my birthday is today, her *big girl* party at Acrosports is sunday (also my mom''s birthday), so it is hectic around here and not the weekend for "me" time.

But I have my pretty little ring in the making at Dimend Scaasi, should be done next week
36.gif
, and I am happy to be happy and 34.

Maybe Michael Mina next. Ha ha ha. My brother in law took his girlfriend there and spent nearly $700 for two people. Yikes!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 1:35:34 PM
Author: wallermama
Thanks, Kristy!

Actually, we are doing nothing. Her 5th birthday was yesterday, my birthday is today, her *big girl* party at Acrosports is sunday (also my mom''s birthday), so it is hectic around here and not the weekend for ''me'' time.
Too cute!
36.gif
Sounds like a big birthday weekend for your family! You were your mom''s b-day gift and your daughter was your b-day gift! I love it! I myself, was an early Christmas gift.
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Wallermama! You have the sweetest daughter, that is soooo cute. She''s got good taste
3.gif
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very sweet! You''re in trouble - you''ve got yourself a size girl there.
1.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys!

She was like my little birthday gift. She was due in late june and arrived early so I never expected to almost share a birthday with her! My little gemini.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is her mother''s daughter! Happy birthday!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too cute, happy birthday!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is very sweet. Happy Birthday.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday to you and your smart little girl!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday to you and your daughter! My daughter was born three days after my birthday so I understand how your celebration takes second place to hers. That is one killer rock you have there!!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial, and Kaleigh, and Mrssalvo, and gypsy, and deejay, and everyone else... I feel like I am having a pricescope birthday party! Thanks for the kind words!

Looking at the pictures of my new "rock", I think it looks like a "K", but it faces up really white in the third picture. She knows how to pick them!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, that''s so sweet! Happy birthday! Your story brought such a smile to my face. When my daughters were 4 and 5 they wanted me to take them to Target (their dream store) so they could buy me a present. They told me to stand in one spot, they rushed off to the jewelry counter and looked everything over, rushed back and asked for $20, then rushed back to make their purchase, then rushed back to ask for a few more dollars (tax), then proudly gave me my present right in the parking lot . . . a sterling ring with a blue heart shaped something (glass? topaz?) in it. I cherish that ring. . .

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is the sweetest thing ever. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Wallermama. I wish you your heart''s desire, health, happiness, and many more.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results