color
clarity

must see movie: highly recommend!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
saw Saving Mr Banks today.
cannot recommend this one enough.
finally!
an adult film w/o any violence, overt sex, and based very much on the true story.
see it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wanting to watch that. Now I will put it on the list for this weekend!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We saw this today too! I loved it! The story is great, the acting is great and make sure you stay to watch the credits and see the pictures of the real PL Travers and Walt Disney.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the recommendation - it's on my list!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the recommendation - it's on my list!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, the credits are a must see!
I always forget to say it because we always stay for all the credits.
in this case you will miss out on something really special if you don't.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I saw it with my 11 year old (6th grade) son who is obsessed with all things Disney in particular early Disney and Disney history. I enjoyed the movie, he loved it. Which is interesting because it is not what I would call a child's film at all. It was really well done.
I surprised him with the first 3 mary poppins books after the movie and he told me after reading the first book it was really great but very different from the movie. I picked it up and read it, and the movie is SO far off from the book I can see what Travers was upset since she wanted a closer interpretation.

I found the flashbacks to Travers childhood really interesting. Its one those movies that the more I think about it, the more I think it was well done.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good article.
still good acting and the surprise during the credits will reinforce the movie writing but will also reinforce the article.
I have never seen Mary Poppins and never will.
the snippet in the movie reinforced that for me.
however, this movie will have me reading more about the author and her books because heretofore I've only known about Mary Poppins because of the movie which I refused to see because much like the author I don't hold much for that type of thing.

Note: all movies are a reinvention through "the system". even documentaries are a reflection of the director and editor who make choices and come to the task with their own agenda whether they realize it or not.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I can think of maybe one movie that did not betray the original book, and may have equaled or even exceeded it: To Kill a Mockingbird.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw it opening night out to sea at 12:01. Fantastic movie!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
boerumbiddy|1388685639|3584925 said:
I can think of maybe one movie that did not betray the original book, and may have equaled or even exceeded it: To Kill a Mockingbird.

Great one! I had to read To Kill a Mockingbird in high school, and I loved it. It's probably not a book I would have picked up on my own but I'm glad I read it. The movie's great, too.

Saving Mr. Banks is on my list of movies to see. I've never read Travers' books but I've seen Mary Poppins a bunch of times. Interesting article.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm seeing it tomorrow night! So glad to hear it is as good as I am hoping :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results