shape
carat
color
clarity

MOTO JACKETS

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have pics of a moto jacket that they love? I am looking for edgy and sophisticated but practical too. I want to be able to wear it open as well as closed and I like collars as opposed to the collarless moto jackets. I also like the asymmetrical zip and either zippers or buckles on the sleeve. And it would be great if it had adjustments on the waist so it could fit well as that is always a potential issue-I don't like when it gaps at the waist. I might be going shopping today or tomorrow and am interested if anyone here has any ideas.

Here are some pics of jackets I like so far as I have just started looking. I don't want to spend more than around $500 if possible. Thanks!

8453037_fpx.jpg

399750_in_xl.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Are you set on leather?
i've been seeing a lot of boucle type fabric jackets that I love! Some have leather trim, some not. I have my eye on a deep blue Vince jacket and last season I bought a nice cream colored Rebecca Taylor moto jacket.

Good luck & happy shopping!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Harpertoo, I'm open. In fact if I could find a sharp moto jacket that wasn't leather I would prefer it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like those you put up, Missy. Here are 2 more possibilities:

Found at Neimans, if you don't need all leather (this is crocodile w/some fabric on sleeves):
Andrew Marc, $347 marked down from $695. It says other colors available.

Ralph Lauren, found at Bergdorf's. $423 marked down from $1695 -- great deal!

nmt72r8_mx.jpg

rl_423.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1392390184|3615204 said:
Hi Harpertoo, I'm open. In fact if I could find a sharp moto jacket that wasn't leather I would prefer it.

Definitely check out Rebecca Taylor and Vince, and maybe Rag & Bone (Nordstrom's probably carries all) ...I also have a fabric one from Eileen Fisher, but that's a few years old. (I am always cold, so I have an embarrassingly large collection of jackets.)

Here's a pic of one of the Vince jackets....I tried on quite a few at Nordstrom's last wknd, but I'm trying to resist.

_14907.jpg

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I have the walker jacket and the cargo jacket from Allsaints and love them. The walker looks like the first picture you posted. I recommend getting one when Bloomingdales has a 15% off promotion.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I like those jackets Laurie. Especially the second one. Thanks!

Harpertoo, I will definitely check it out, thank you.

Thanks Sakuracherry, going to check that out too.

Just got back from a local vintage shop in my neighborhood and got 2 cute leather jackets. Not moto but cute nonetheless. When my dh is finished with his business conference call I am hoping we can go to Century 21 and see what they might have. I prefer to try on in person vs ordering online and having to send back because I am not sure what length would look best on me and the moto jackets are pretty short. I think I prefer 21 inches on me or longer but need to try on. Thanks again ladies!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laurie, I am bummed! Just checked out that Ralph Lauren jacket from Bergdoff and I love it but it is not available in my size. :(( Thanks for the rec though and I am still going to search other places to see if I can find it.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
DD got a nice one at Bloomingdales outlet. Google Calvin Klein moto jacket, his are nice. Don't bother getting leather, it's a fad, and in my experience, fads don't last. I think DD got one in pleather for about $60.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander said:
DD got a nice one at Bloomingdales outlet. Google Calvin Klein moto jacket, his are nice. Don't bother getting leather, it's a fad, and in my experience, fads don't last. I think DD got one in pleather for about $60.

Thanks iLander. I did try a beautiful one (Kenneth Cole) that was pleather but my dh hates faux leather and nixed it. And I find my body doesnt breathe as well in most faux leather materials so I ended up with a Michael Kors leather moto. I did try on a lovely Calvin Klein but it didn't fit as well as the Michael Kors. I also liked one of the dkny moto jackets I tried on but again it wasn't as fitted. Here are a few pics of the moto I ended up with. And I am posing wearing one of the pairs of the Stuart Weitzman boots I bought in December.

And thanks for weighing in LoversKites. The Ralph Lauren that Laurie linked is gorgeous but nowhere in my size. Next time.

michaelkorsjacket.jpg

michaelkorsjacket.jpeg

mkmoto.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Nice one, Missy. Glad you found something you liked! You're a hot chick, even without your head. :razz:

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha,thanks Laurie. Some might think I look better without my head. :cheeky:

Not sure if I am keeping it. Dh likes the way it looks on me but doesn't feel it is the style I was looking for and thinks down the line I may not be happy. Back to the drawing board. I have a month in which to return it but now ordering something online is a risk because with these jackets trying on in person is best IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Returned that jacket. It just wasn't the one for me. Instead I got two others and my dh is trying to convince me to keep them both. LOL He is an enabler to be sure (hear that Dancing Fire in your feeling sorry for our dh thread...he's the one who is responsible-I am usually the practical frugal one!).

We went shopping the other day at Short Hills and I just fell in love with how soft this BCBG jacket is but it is a little big on the waist (and a little more than I wanted to spend). Fortunately my dh has recently taken up sewing as a hobby and he is confident he can make it fit perfectly. We shall see (if I decide to keep it).

The second jacket I picked up yesterday on a 'cheer me up since I am feeling poorly' shopping trip with my dh. I really like this one too and the color is not black so that's a plus because I own so much black that it's a nice change. It also needs some alterations because it is a bit loose in the waist but again my dh is sure he can do it.

So really I was just posting to ask which one but my dh is convincing me (maybe) to keep them both since they are different colors.

I'll post a few pics but keep in mind that the fit is off and will be altered.

bcbgmoto.jpeg

bcbgmoto.jpg

mkorsmoto.jpeg

mkorsmoto.jpg

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love, love the brown one! I think that color goes well with many things and looks great on your skin tone. Lucky you, I wish my husband or I knew how to sew!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sakuracherry|1392766313|3618093 said:
I love, love, love the brown one! I think that color goes well with many things and looks great on your skin tone. Lucky you, I wish my husband or I knew how to sew!

Thanks Sakuracherry!

Btw, I did go to AllSaints and tried on their moto jackets this past weekend. I liked the quality but their sleeves were all a bit shorter than I like. I do have long arms and legs (as per the bike shop owner who measured us for our custom tandem) so it's not their fault but it was the reason I couldn't consider their jackets. Just wanted to thank you for that recommendation though because they have very nice stuff.

Sakuracherry said:
I have the walker jacket and the cargo jacket from Allsaints and love them. The walker looks like the first picture you posted. I recommend getting one when Bloomingdales has a 15% off promotion.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
You're very welcome. Sometimes I wish every single brand manufactures clothing for short and tall people. I hate having to go to the tailor all the time. Please post a picture once your husband alters both jackets :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Distracts!

Sakuracherry, I will post after pics. And I hear you on the alterations-what a bother.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LLJsmom. Dh altered both of the jackets friday night and I wore the black one yesterday. I am very pleased with how they turned out. Here are the pics of the bcbgmaxazria moto and I will get pics of the brown one later.

fitswaist.jpg

fits.jpg

perfectfit.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And how amazing is your husband for being able to sew??!!! :appl: My husband can't do ANYTHING. He doesn't even own a tool box :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1393164280|3621098 said:
Beautiful! And how amazing is your husband for being able to sew??!!! :appl: My husband can't do ANYTHING. He doesn't even own a tool box :lol:

Thanks Alex! I'm just like your dh lol. I cannot sew or cook sigh but fortunately my dh can. Ironically he took up sewing 2 months ago because his garage project is on hold for a bit and he misses his woodworking hobby. At our previous beach house he had a garage and basement full of fancy woodworking equipment and a complex dust removal system etc and he made some beautiful things. But since we moved to the new beach house there is no garage so we have to build one and get all the necessary permits etc and with Sandy destruction and other expenses that was put on hold. So he needed an outlet for his creativity and decided to take up sewing. He really enjoys it and has done some beautiful things. He is going to make me a dress next! Very excited. We went to Mood to pick out fabric for it but I didn't find the exact color I wanted in the fabric I want so I still have to get the fabric before he can begin.

lizzyann said:
Where'd you get the brown one Missy? I love it!!!

Thanks lizzyann. I got the brown one at Century 21. It's Michael Kors. I love the back. Here are pics of it from today. My dh altered it so now it fits perfectly.

backofmkmoto.jpg

mkmotoaltered.jpeg

mkfront.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results