shape
carat
color
clarity

Money is for...spending or saving ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Are you a spender or a saver?
9.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
My husband saves so that I can spend...
27.gif
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Both. I''m a firm believer in putting money into savings on a regular schedule and having a solid savings account for the unforseen or larger purchases. However, I''ll gladly go spend as well- within reason, of course!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Big time SAVER
9.gif
Hubby is a saver too!

I do splurge every once in awhile though but for the most part saver!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Neither.
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Both. We sock money away, but aren''t afraid to spend it when the need/opportunity arises. For big purchases for myself, I save up out of my own money, and somehow I appreciate them more that way.
4.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Both! Especially now that we live together and so that means I *can* save!

I''m not a big budgeter, since I''ve never really had an urge to live outside my means...but BF will hopefully become a FI soon, so at that point we''ll actually have something to save *for*!!!
36.gif

Both. We are trying to make a more active effort in saving now though.

- Bills get paid
- Money in savings
- What''s left is fun money

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I like to save up for things, then spend!
3.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Saver, normally... hopefully DH finds a FT job soon so we can do so again.
39.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Spending. You only live once.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both my DH and I are savers, but he more than I. I can *really* spend if I want to (no surprise there!
2.gif
1.gif
). I used to be very very thrifty but have changed quite a bit during the last few years.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both, of course (how would we survive if we didn't spend on some things?). My husband and I tend to be savers overall. The "you only live once" thing doesn't make a lot of sense for us as 20-somethings with our whole lives ahead of us... we can be spenders once our retirement account is looking very healthy
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
A little of both, though now, we're in saving mode.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think the secret is to be able to successfully do both. I think it''s important to save for the future so you can be comfortable in your ''golden years'', but I think it''s also important not to sock away ever meager penny for later without enjoying some of it now. There are no guarantees in life; while we all hope to get to ''later'', things happen.

Hub was convinced his lifespan would be short due to genetic factors in his family, and while he''s a saver, he''s a bit sour on the retirement issue since he was convinced he wouldn''t get there. My argument was "well, what if you DO? Don''t count on ME to carry you! LOL" He''s become much more optimisic about that, thank goodness, and we both contribute aggressively to retirement funds.

That said, though, we do make it a priority to put some $$ into things we enjoy now. Vacations, hobbies, etc. If something were to happen to either of us before we expected, I''d like to know that there were fun memories we shared and things we did to make ourselves happy.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We go through waves. . .up and down. For a number of years, we were spenders and then after my husband changed jobs, we cut back *big time* and saved every bit we could (and quit eating out and blowing money on stuff we didn''t really need). Now we''re in the middle. Spending more mostly because we did feel a bit deprived. I''m still trying to save. My balance is buying stuff ONLY when it''s on sale so that plenty can still be put into our savings account.

I did start a thread recently about over-shopping, but that has been after VERY strict budget following. We''re doing good though. . .nothing like our previous spending habits about three years back.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Savers
20.gif
...its not always fun but I hope some day we can retire and do lots of fun stuff!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
We freely spend on what we want. We do not spend frivously, however. We enjoy what money can buy. But by the same token we are able to save quite a bit and have invested our money well and wisely. Life is good!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Once savings are taken care of, then it''s a-ok for us to spend a little and just have fun. You only live once!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
Spender.

I''m only just now learning how to save.
1.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Other than what goes into my 401k, I think I spend every available cent on jewelry or travel. And absolutely no regrets about it!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I am a spender. DH would like if I were a saver, but I am jut not. He is a saver and I know that is good, but I get frustrated when we want something and he wont buy it even though he has saved plenty to afford the item with plenty left in savings to spare. I am sure come retirement age I will be glad that he is such a saver.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both.

We save up so we can spend it well and on things we will really enjoy. But, we have to save first because we don''t believe in using credit to buy things.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
money is definitely for spending... but in order to make large purchases you have to save it. A retirement, a college education - those are very large purchases and sometimes you have to save for years! But in the end it''s still about spending... and if you don''t spend it someone else will!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Saver but sometimes a spender. I think it''s important to do both. It''s important to save for the future but also important to enjoy some of it now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results