shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom and Grandma are both okay-- PS dust does it again.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything was so bleak last week when I posted about my mom and grandma. And I was so overwhelmed. You guys rallied around me and gave me lots of love and support and energy when I was just empty. I can't thank you enough.

Mom's cancer tests came back negative. They did a full body scan and there's nothing. So her lymphoma is still in remission.

Grandma is finally awake and talking and out of ICU. I know she's not going likely to survive much longer (her kidneys and heart are just giving up slowly) but for now I get to hold her and tell her that I love her again and she'll hear me and know. And there's peace in that.

For those of you who know my DH was also afflicted with a fairly sudden and bad case of Cellulitis in his foot and ankle and leg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulitis he's still in pain and is home from work today, that this weird thing is still running is course with 2 antibiotics in his system to fight it.

I really believe in PS dust. Thank you all for your generosity of spirit.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so glad to hear that you've received good news about your Mom's scan and that your grandmother has rallied a bit. There's a lot to be said for having the chance to say goodbye in your own way and time.

I hope that your DHs foot continues to heal and that he's fully recovered asap. You're due for some good news soon!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
That is such WONDERFUL news about your mother and grandmother! :appl:

What a relief for you!

On your DH, did you try hydrocortisone cream? My grandfather used to get that on his feet and that was the only thing that worked. Antibiotics never did a thing.

If that doesn't work, did the doctors check for Mersa?

Or you can try Staphaseptic ointment. It's the ONLY OTC that works on staph infections. It's at Walgreens or CVS. It's a miracle drug, and I'm surprised it's not a prescription. It's marked as "with use as part of a program", but that's just wording to get around the "kills staph" claim, which is difficult to get out of the FDA. Try that today.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1334875006|3175529 said:
That is such WONDERFUL news about your mother and grandmother! :appl:

What a relief for you!

On your DH, did you try hydrocortisone cream? My grandfather used to get that on his feet and that was the only thing that worked. Antibiotics never did a thing.

If that doesn't work, did the doctors check for Mersa?

Or you can try Staphaseptic ointment. It's the ONLY OTC that works on staph infections. It's at Walgreens or CVS. It's a miracle drug, and I'm surprised it's not a prescription. It's marked as "with use as part of a program", but that's just wording to get around the "kills staph" claim, which is difficult to get out of the FDA. Try that today.

I'll look into it. Thank you! The complicated thing about his case is that it's not really his skin. It's all of his tissues other his skin that are affected. He had no lesion or bit or cut on his foot. If it doesn't get better he'll need a blood culture I'm thinking. His skin is generally fine though. Looks totally normal.

Thank you Yenny! There is a lot to be said for that.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: So glad our 'magic' worked on your family!!! I'm very glad that things are looking up (if only slightly...) and that there is some relief in your world at this time.

You give give give so much to all of us in our diamond/jewellry hunts, that its so nice we can give back to you, in anyway we can. I'm glad you feel at peace with your grandmother. I would be thrilled for another moment to tell my grandmother how much I loved and miss her... but that will never happen. Hug her tight and love her all you can!

Take care Gypsy... thinking of you and glad for the happier ending!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1334877612|3175584 said:
:appl: So glad our 'magic' worked on your family!!! I'm very glad that things are looking up (if only slightly...) and that there is some relief in your world at this time.

You give give give so much to all of us in our diamond/jewellry hunts, that its so nice we can give back to you, in anyway we can. I'm glad you feel at peace with your grandmother. I would be thrilled for another moment to tell my grandmother how much I loved and miss her... but that will never happen. Hug her tight and love her all you can!

Take care Gypsy... thinking of you and glad for the happier ending!

Thank you so much for all your kind words sweetie. ((BIG HUG))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What wonderful news - I am very happy for you and your family!

My husband had cellulitis a few years back that kept recurring. Turns out he had Lyme disease as well - once that was treated the cellulitis resolved as well. The difference though is that he did have skin involvement and it was pretty ugly. Best wishes to hubby for quick recovery!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
SUCH happy news about your mother & encouraging about your grandma. It is a gift to have time.

Oooph, your DH's cellulitis sounds painful -- dust in piles to help them fix him right up! :appl:

--- Laurie

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear about your mom and grandma! And I hope your DH will feel better soon, too!

Continuing to send dust your way! :wink2:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks DH might have Lyme's. Long story. But the long and short of it is... he might have it so I'll bring it to his MD's attention. Thank you for that reminder. I'm sorry your hubby had it.

Thank you so much JewelFreak!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot --- your mom must be so relieved that she is still in remission! that must be like a sword over a survivor's head... always wondering if it will return. So pleased that is not the case and your mom is cancer free.

And DH - what a rough time he's having, too ! poor guy! I'm sure you are overwhelmed with all of this at once - take care of YOU too, or else you'll fall ill again. Didn't you just bounce back from something lengthy a little while ago? foot? illness??? Are YOU ok now??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such wonderful news Gypsy!! Continued dust to your mom staying in remission and for the extra time you get to spend with your grandma!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
And sending dust to your dh as well so he recovers soon!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad that everything is ok with your mother and grandmother!

Sending lots of dust for your hubby!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I'm not sure how I missed this. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so rough lately for you and your family, but I'm really happy that things have improved for your mom and grandma. Thinking about you guys! I wish J. all the best that he gets answers soon for his foot/leg issue(s?). It sounds like things are still sort of up in the air, right? That must be frustrating.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news about your mom and I am so glad you will get to see your grandmother, Gypsy!!! :appl: I hope your DH will be much better soon!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
PHEW!!! I am so glad. I know how everything hit the fan all at once and that things weren't looking very good. That PS Dust prayers, positive vibes and all works. I can't tell you how very relieved I am for you. Rest easy. xo :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1334880394|3175669 said:
MissGotRocks DH might have Lyme's. Long story. But the long and short of it is... he might have it so I'll bring it to his MD's attention. Thank you for that reminder. I'm sorry your hubby had it.

Just as a footnote: In retrospect, I think the bite that caused the cellulitis was most likely the beginning of the Lyme disease. He was tested at that point and it was negative. In about a month, he had terrible joint pain in his hips and I called the doctor's office thinking that maybe he was having a reaction to the antibiotic because my daughter had had a similar reaction to a particular antibiotic. When they pulled his chart, they said that there were two markers to the Lyme test that were elevated that should have indicated a retest in a few weeks. It was overlooked. He was retested, diagnosed and treated. I always felt it was a stroke of luck that it happened that way as it is a disease to be dlligent about - particularly for a good result. I hope your husband gets tested - just in case. An insidious malady left untreated!

Thank you so much JewelFreak!

Mike R

Shiny_Rock
I'm really great things are looking up for you Gypsy, it sure sounds like its your turn for some good luck.

It was great talking with you. =)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much Lil!

Enerchi, I've had a bit of a challenging year health wise. I was very sick for a long while (female issue) with frustrating results as I got sicker and sicker until a good friend found me a great doctor who actually bothered to listen and look carefully, then I had a simple procedure and things started looking up and getting better. Additionally I was diagnosed with RA and broke my ankle (still healing). Instead of waiting for the other shoe to fall around here it's felt a bit like it's raining them instead. But hopefully things are looking up. Thanks so much for your support and friendship honey. Mom is very relieved.

Thank you Missy, me too!

Thank you armywife!

Zoe, it's just a bit strange and I don't feel he's been really seen by an MD enough. His foot got hot and swollen overnight and then he had a high fever with it so we went to the ER. They seemed pretty confident about what it was just from a brief exam-- but there is usually a lesion or bite or cut and he didn't have one. But it's lingering... and he's not being patient with it at all. And our regular MD was out today else I would have made him go. But it seems like this type of thing does take a while at times so he's reluctant to go back to the ER or even to Urgent Care. And he's back at work tomorrow. So... we'll see. I'm babbling. I'm just concerned. It's such a weird thing and it's just not reacting to the meds very well if his swelling and pain are any indication. Although he hasn't had a fever again for a few days. I'm just a control freak and this is making me batty, I think. Thank you for your concern sweetie.

Thank you very much DS!

Thank you very much Kaleigh, you've been so supportive both here and on FB. I appreciate it very much.

MGR-- he actually failed the Lyme's test but was successfully treated for it some 15 years ago. But it doesn't go away, it's like Malaria and comes back. So while he didn't test positive for it, he only responded to treatment for it as well. Weird. I'm so happy that in the case of you DH it was a positive thing that helped him get good treatment.

Thank you Mike and I feel the same way. =)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Gyp, I'm so glad to hear things are looking up for mom and grandma! Hope the hubbs is better soon too. We have all spent way too much time in the ER lately!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gypsy glad to hear that your mom and grandma are ok. **hugs** and hope your DH is ok.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy

I am delighted to hear your news!! I do believe in the power of PS dust. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am sending you and yours love and dust from across the oceans in the hope that things continue to improve.

:wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am so glad all is well with your loved ones for now. Hopefully time will be kind to all! Lots of HUGS :halo:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,glad to hear the good news.. :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what DF said!!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to hear the good news about your mom and grandmother. PS dust coming to your DH hoping he gets better soon.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news Gypsy, I'm so glad to hear it!!

More dust coming your way for DH and your beloved grandma ::)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank so much everyone!!! 8)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy:

I am sorry I missed these concerning family events. Wow, that really sounds like a serious double dose for you. I'm relieved to hear that your Mom is cancer free and your Grandma pulled through - gives you a little longer to be with her. But I'm sorry I didn't know. Of course I would've sent you dust. Just know I have your back when it comes to dust if there's ever a next time. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results