shape
carat
color
clarity

Missy - Good Luck on Wednesday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Yenny, Deb and Alex. I appreciate the supportive comments and the hugs!

Update: Our dermatologist shocked the heck out of me because he called me this afternoon on my mobile while I was at work. The reason that shocked me is because our derm is crazy busy with patients all the time and usually never calls except to return calls and even then not till later at night like after 9PM. Also he called me, not my dh lol. These doctors aren't stupid that's all I can say. They know who to get in touch with when they want action. He wants it all out. He spoke with the pathologist and not going to bore you with the details but it's better all out. Just like I already decided with my dh anyway. So we are going to schedule it as soon as we get back from our vacation-hopefully in mid October dependent on the surgeon's schedule as this is not an urgent matter. Our derm told me it was not necessary to take care of immediately and he knows me well so he for sure wouldn't mess around with this. I expect a call back from the surgeon's office tomorrow to be scheduled. I called as soon as my derm called me but the person in charge of surgical scheduling had already left for the day.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Missy - I missed this thread before but I'm glad to see they are going to remove it. I've had four dysplastic nevi (is that the plural?) removed over the years. I have scans every six months. Unfortunately at my last one last week they found another to remove - on my cheek. So not looking forward to that. But I completely agree that I'd far rather the peace of mind than avoiding a scar. Hopefully his surgeon will do a wonderful job and it won't be too noticeable! Your hubby is a watch man, right (I remember because mine is too!)? Maybe a little man-bling is called for... :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1380151126|3527325 said:
Thank you Yenny, Deb and Alex. I appreciate the supportive comments and the hugs!

Update: Our dermatologist shocked the heck out of me because he called me this afternoon on my mobile while I was at work. The reason that shocked me is because our derm is crazy busy with patients all the time and usually never calls except to return calls and even then not till later at night like after 9PM. Also he called me, not my dh lol. These doctors aren't stupid that's all I can say. They know who to get in touch with when they want action. He wants it all out. He spoke with the pathologist and not going to bore you with the details but it's better all out. Just like I already decided with my dh anyway. So we are going to schedule it as soon as we get back from our vacation-hopefully in mid October dependent on the surgeon's schedule as this is not an urgent matter. Our derm told me it was not necessary to take care of immediately and he knows me well so he for sure wouldn't mess around with this. I expect a call back from the surgeon's office tomorrow to be scheduled. I called as soon as my derm called me but the person in charge of surgical scheduling had already left for the day.

Superb! Now you can vacation with your minds at peace.

Hugs,
Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1380153944|3527360 said:
Missy - I missed this thread before but I'm glad to see they are going to remove it. I've had four dysplastic nevi (is that the plural?) removed over the years. I have scans every six months. Unfortunately at my last one last week they found another to remove - on my cheek. So not looking forward to that. But I completely agree that I'd far rather the peace of mind than avoiding a scar. Hopefully his surgeon will do a wonderful job and it won't be too noticeable! Your hubby is a watch man, right (I remember because mine is too!)? Maybe a little man-bling is called for... :)

Thank you Rosebloom. I am sorry about your atypical/dysplastic nevi (in the US I believe they changed the dysplastic term to atypical for some reason about scaring patients...typical idiocy IMO LOL). I had a rather large one removed from my back many years ago that came back with a dysplastic diagnosis but I didn't really understand what that meant till just recently with what is going on with my dh. I have a rather large one on my chest that my derm is keeping an eye on that we have been reluctant to remove since I keloid and it is pretty much right where it would always show but after my dh gets the rest of that atypical nevus removed from his scalp I think I might just do it.
Good luck with the nevus removal on your cheek... Sending good luck and no scarring dust your way!!!!

Yes my dh is a watch man but he would probably kill me if I got him a watch as he is saving as much as his bling fund for a garage at the beach. Those things aint cheap LOL but I'm with you...I would love to surprise him with a watch but you know how picky PSers are about their bling? My dh is about twice as picky with his watches. No exaggeration haha. But I like the way you think!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1380154889|3527372 said:

Superb! Now you can vacation with your minds at peace.

Hugs,
Deb

Thank you Deb! Though I would prefer getting it out now and just delaying or missing a bit of vacation but to keep the peace I will go along with the derm and my dh. In my heart I know that would be an overreaction but somehow that would make me feel best. I am just going to quiet that little voice of irrational fear that is going on inside my head right now or else I really think my dh would kill me or at the very least be extremely pissed at me lol.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Seems you are in good hands. :halo:

cheers--Sharon :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
missy|1380155329|3527377 said:
Rosebloom|1380153944|3527360 said:

Thank you Rosebloom. I am sorry about your atypical/dysplastic nevi (in the US I believe they changed the dysplastic term to atypical for some reason about scaring patients...typical idiocy IMO LOL). I had a rather large one removed from my back many years ago that came back with a dysplastic diagnosis but I didn't really understand what that meant till just recently with what is going on with my dh. I have a rather large one on my chest that my derm is keeping an eye on that we have been reluctant to remove since I keloid and it is pretty much right where it would always show but after my dh gets the rest of that atypical nevus removed from his scalp I think I might just do it.
Good luck with the nevus removal on your cheek... Sending good luck and no scarring dust your way!!!!

Yes my dh is a watch man but he would probably kill me if I got him a watch as he is saving as much as his bling fund for a garage at the beach. Those things aint cheap LOL but I'm with you...I would love to surprise him with a watch but you know how picky PSers are about their bling? My dh is about twice as picky with his watches. No exaggeration haha. But I like the way you think!

I too keloid. I have some knarly scars from all my re-excisions. So I've proposed to my husband that each subsequent surgery should come with a little sparkly treat. (Although some people who keloid on their body do not on their face so I'm hopeful). Alas, like your husband, I am not able to buy watches for mine. He is also quite particular!

I hope you rest easier tonight. Dust for a simple, easy procedure for him and you too if it comes to that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worry Missy sound like your DH is in good hands... :appl:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy -

I hope you have a great vacation. It sounds like your DH is getting the best possible care and that's a great, great thing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon, Rainwood and Dancing Fire. Your well wishes and good thoughts are much appreciated!
DF, if you ever make it to NYC you and my dh should go to Wempe and Tourneau. :))

Rosebloom- good chance you will not keloid on your face. I keloid everywhere but my face and according to the experts that is more the rule (if you keloid) than the exception. Ask the doctor for a possible topical Rx that you can apply to prevent keloiding just as an added measure of protection Sending lots of good healing vibes your way as well! :wavey:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
missy|1380187180|3527540 said:
Thanks Sharon, Rainwood and Dancing Fire. Your well wishes and good thoughts are much appreciated!
DF, if you ever make it to NYC you and my dh should go to Wempe and Tourneau. :))

Rosebloom- good chance you will not keloid on your face. I keloid everywhere but my face and according to the experts that is more the rule (if you keloid) than the exception. Ask the doctor for a possible topical Rx that you can apply to prevent keloiding just as an added measure of protection Sending lots of good healing vibes your way as well! :wavey:

I keloid on my face too! I have a scar right on the side of my nose from a biopsy - was told it would be 'colorless'. Yeah...right... (though I think it may technically be more of a hypertrophic scar than a keloid). I'd definitely request the material that prevents keloiding - it's some sort of expensive silicone patch, isn't it?

Missy - sounds like you've got everything under control! :appl: I'm glad you can enjoy yourself on holidays, and still get everything taken care of as needed when you return. :))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1380188457|3527542 said:
missy|1380187180|3527540 said:

I keloid on my face too! I have a scar right on the side of my nose from a biopsy - was told it would be 'colorless'. Yeah...right... (though I think it may technically be more of a hypertrophic scar than a keloid). I'd definitely request the material that prevents keloiding - it's some sort of expensive silicone patch, isn't it?

Missy - sounds like you've got everything under control! :appl: I'm glad you can enjoy yourself on holidays, and still get everything taken care of as needed when you return. :))

Very good tips, Missy and Ginger. Thank you!!

makhro82

Shiny_Rock

That's good news now you can head into vacation with a lighter load. I had a lesion that could potentially turn into cancer on my scalp. The derm was conservative the first time when doing the biopsy and didn't get it all. I had to later get it done again. I was uncomfortable for a little bit and still have a nice bald spot there, but I feel much better knowing that it is all gone and out of my body. You both will feel the same and hopefully soon!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ms. Missy!!!

I haven't been posting but I've been watching and thinking of you. I know the anexity of waiting. So nice the doctor phoned you. I'll be thinking of you and your DH. M

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Missy! So glad to hear this! :appl:

It's all fine, I have those kind of "pre-cancer" moles removed all the time. I think the chances of them actually becoming something (ever) is like 4% or so. And I think if they do become something, you'd notice before it became dangerous.

Sorry your hubby has to go through this, it's no fun, but I'm SOOO glad to hear it's pretty minor. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1380157370|3527396 said:
I too keloid. I have some knarly scars from all my re-excisions. So I've proposed to my husband that each subsequent surgery should come with a little sparkly treat. (Although some people who keloid on their body do not on their face so I'm hopeful). Alas, like your husband, I am not able to buy watches for mine. He is also quite particular!

I hope you rest easier tonight. Dust for a simple, easy procedure for him and you too if it comes to that.

Maderma has been clinically proven to work, if applied daily. It takes some time, but it really does work. Six months from now, your scars could all be gone.

Interestingly, it's an extract made from onions, :shock: in a standard ointment base.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1380205982|3527627 said:

Maderma has been clinically proven to work, if applied daily. It takes some time, but it really does work. Six months from now, your scars could all be gone.

Interestingly, it's an extract made from onions, :shock: in a standard ointment base.

Sign me up!

No, seriously...I'm going to ask the chemist tomorrow if we have it in Australia. If not, I know what I'm buying myself for Christmas in the States, lol.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1380208177|3527643 said:

Sign me up!

No, seriously...I'm going to ask the chemist tomorrow if we have it in Australia. If not, I know what I'm buying myself for Christmas in the States, lol.

I do not know the product, but am following the thread and have lived in a country other than my native country. I know the "need" to get a product from home. When I lived abroad there was no Internet. There was, however, a postal system. That worked pretty well for non-perishable items. A friend or family member could always mail some to you or you could order over the Internet.

AGBF

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1380208177|3527643 said:

Sign me up!

I'm going to go get some and try! I did it for about two months after one surgery. The scar is still about the size (and depth) of my index finger. But maybe it would have been even worse if I hadn't done Maderma! I didn't realize you have to stick with it for so long. I'm going to load up at CVS and will report back in six months!

(And Ginger, I would be more than happy to send you a box full if needed!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ginger, makhro82, MayK and iLander, thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes. :wavey:

Rosebloom, let us know what you think of the mederma scar gel if you go that route. A long time ago I remember trying it on my keloids but I don't think I applied it long enough (I cannot remember how long I kept it up) because it didn't do much for me. I will also ask my dh's plastic surgeon and see what he says might be good for keloids. I seem to remember there is something but I never cared enough at the time. I will definitely let you know if he offers any advice.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh good, it's nothing too serious and it's getting removed anyway. Great!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Deb - :lol: I think my international postage keeps AusPost in business. I just know that we'll be back in 2 months, and my poor parents are forever mailing something for me so I thought I'd give them a break (good thing they're retired!). Online sellers really gouge postage down here. For example, the LZ prints I ordered would have been $80 USD to ship by the seller. Instead I paid $6 USD to get it to my parents, and they forwarded them on to me for $32.

Rosebloom, you're so sweet! What a lovely offer. I may have a poke around and see if I can find any online sellers with reasonable international shipping, otherwise I'll just pick some up in Dec. Though honestly, I imagine we probably have it here. :))

Missy, the product I know for sure was used by one of my coworkers 2 years ago after wrist surgery. It was a gel silicone patch that was worn over the incision for 8 weeks. The patch he used was about 3 inches long, 2 inches wide and he said they charged him around $300 for it. That being said, he has next to no scarring, just a faint smooth line (and he's normally a keloider).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds awesome Ginger! Thanks for the info.
Btw, December will be here before you know it! :appl:

Rosetta, thank you. It's good to hear you don't think it's anything to worry about. I got nervous when I read that an atypical nevus can become a melanoma and was worried about delaying the complete removal till we get back from vacation though my derm assured me it would be OK. We have it scheduled for Oct 17th. Thanks for chiming in!

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Mederma never worked for me, but the silicone scar patches made my scars smoother and lighter.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I'm picturing you & DH on your vacation, having fun & not worrying at all. It sounds like all will be okay; I know so many people whose results were absolutely fine. I'm sending you happy brainwaves because I KNOW it's all good news coming! Hugs.

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1380375637|3528808 said:
Missy, I'm picturing you & DH on your vacation, having fun & not worrying at all. It sounds like all will be okay; I know so many people whose results were absolutely fine. I'm sending you happy brainwaves because I KNOW it's all good news coming! Hugs.

--- Laurie

Thank you Laurie...your happy brainwaves and good news wishes are appreciated. We are enjoying vacation (day 3) and worry has been put on hold (well, as much as I can put worry on hold haha) for now. A friend just sent this pic of us* from when we had them over this August and we were on our deck showing off our bike. Thought my PS friends would enjoy seeing it. Hugs to you too. :wavey:
*FYI My dh was wearing a hat that day but took it off momentarily...Believe me I make sure he wears a hat when we are outside in the sun!

tandemonourdeckinbackyard.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this picture!! Happiness personified :appl:

I am so glad you are enjoying your holiday, relaxing & having fun, knowing that this nasty patch of skin will be gone & just a distant memory in a few weeks.

And thank you for asking about my hair! I am glad to report there is new growth :appl: My scalp is very suddenly looking less noticeable like my hairdresser said it would given a few weeks to allow the fine downy hair to thicken up as it got a bit longer. Even my husband noticed today when I got out of the shower that the spotlights were absolutely NOT shining on lots of pink scalp anymore. I have avoided looking, I have accepted it, and I have tried to move past it without becoming obsessed. And I am glad - there is definitely change & growth & less shedding with each wash.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
You are the cutest couple!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1380483828|3529319 said:
I love this picture!! Happiness personified :appl:

I am so glad you are enjoying your holiday, relaxing & having fun, knowing that this nasty patch of skin will be gone & just a distant memory in a few weeks.

And thank you for asking about my hair! I am glad to report there is new growth :appl: My scalp is very suddenly looking less noticeable like my hairdresser said it would given a few weeks to allow the fine downy hair to thicken up as it got a bit longer. Even my husband noticed today when I got out of the shower that the spotlights were absolutely NOT shining on lots of pink scalp anymore. I have avoided looking, I have accepted it, and I have tried to move past it without becoming obsessed. And I am glad - there is definitely change & growth & less shedding with each wash.

Alex, Woohoo!!!! :appl: That is great news! So happy for you!!! :appl:

Rosebloom, thank you... You are the sweetest person-you really are!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Missy - you two are so gorgeous, you look like an LL Bean catalog couple! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results