shape
carat
color
clarity

Miss World Called Off the Wedding

marygrace

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your support. I called off the wedding. I am going through a very hard time right now.

As for the ring, I am tossing it off a building.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you - and congratulations on making a truly courageous decision!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you can find some peace with this decision, MaryGrace. I know it's so difficult to call of an engagement, I've been there.

The first time I heard Paul Simon's ANOTHER GALAXY I cried and cried and cried. The song itself is very beautiful, and the lyrics really spoke to how I was feeling at that time in my life:

On the morning of her wedding day
When no one was awake
She drove across the border
Leaving all the yellow roses on her wedding cake
Her mother's tears, her breakfast order

She's gone, gone, gone

There is a moment, a chip in time
When leaving home is the lesser crime
When your eyes are blind with tears
But your heart can see
Another life, another galaxy

That night her dreams are storm-tossed as a willow
She hears the clouds
She sees the eye of a hurricane
As it sweeps across her island pillow

But she's gone, gone, gone

There is a moment, a chip in time
When leaving home is the lesser crime
When your eyes are blind with tears
But your heart can see
Another life, another galaxy

ETA: I left that life and I really did find another life for myself, and it's a million times better than anything I could have imagined when I was stuck in the wrong relationship. I hope you can find the same thing.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hugs. You are better off. I am proud that you had the courage to do it. That is no small feat.

Just curious, did you tell anyone why?

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Mary Grace hugs to you sweetie, I know in your heart you know you did the right thing. After tossing that ring hold your head up high and keep on walking, never ever look back............ stay strong girl xo

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job. It doesn't feel like it right now, but this is step one with a positive foot forward in the right direction. Be proud of yourself!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, yesterday was not the right time to say this, but...

I loved your "Miss World" moniker! As soon as I saw it, I thought - I wish I'd thought of that!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Positive thoughts for you in this trying time in your life.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking in. *I* feel relief ... I hope underneath the pain & grief & whirlwind of emotions that you feel a teensy bit of relief as well. I really do believe that the universe gives us little hints from time to time. Chances to make a different decision. This is one of those times. You'll look back on this and feel so proud of yourself for daring to do what you know you should. For requiring more.

What's that saying ... in life we get what we'll tolerate? Here's to drawing this line in the sand for yourself & your future kids.

BEST WISHES & MUCH STRENGTH.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Good for you!!

You have tremendous strength and courage, in both asking for advice and support, and to take action.
Miss World is a winner!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Good for you, honey! You deserve so much more that what he was giving you.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job! This is the first step in building a better, happier life for yourself. :)

marygrace

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone.

I did appreciate your responses to the deleted thread. I needed some tough love. Some came forward with their stories and that gave me a lot of strength. Life does go on but right now it's really hard.

I'm calling people, telling them the wedding is off. I am also telling them why. His parents were shocked. They almost had a stripper baby for a grandchild.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
All good thoughts to you...

Ira Z.

marygrace

Shiny_Rock
Ugh. I just got off the phone with my mom. I couldn't tell her why the wedding was off. I told her it was because of my knee and ankle. I'm embarrassed.

My wedding dress is ready to be picked up. F*ck. If it weren't so pretty, I'd burn it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
marygrace|1335459188|3181471 said:
Ugh. I just got off the phone with my mom. I couldn't tell her why the wedding was off. I told her it was because of my knee and ankle. I'm embarrassed.

My wedding dress is ready to be picked up. F*ck. If it weren't so pretty, I'd burn it.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Absolutely nothing.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Why are you embarrassed? You didn't do anything wrong...your only fault is not dumping his a$$ the minute you found out about all of this...

He should be embarrassed and shamed.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Hugs.

Also, I'm very, very PROUD of you.

ETA: You have no reason to be ashamed. At all. You found out your fiance is a complete a-hole and you stood up for yourself and respected yourself. Calling off the wedding was a very brave thing to do. The only person who should be embarrassed is the ex-groom....embarrassed, humiliated, ashamed, mortified....castrated....you know, whatever ;))

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you found the strength to do what is right, for yourself and your future. And, no matter what we said here before, even if we got a bit in your face, we all feel a collective sense of relief for you. This is the right decision and we are proud of you.

This is the first day of the rest of your life, and it already has a clearer horizon, doesn't it? :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have the strength and courage many only dream about having. You rose above all the garbage that he hurt you with (and all the stuff that we were all kind of harshly dumping on you as well - please accept my apologies if anything I wrote was hurtful to you :oops: ) and you made a life changing decision. You are a hero, in my eyes!

I am also so pleased you spoke directly with his parents and told him the reasons why. Maybe a little tough love is just the eye opener they need as well.

Much hope is heaped upon you today for a new start. Day 1 of the new birth year is also your day 1 of a new and better life. Best of luck marygrace/Miss world!!!

(and keep that ring - get the cash out of it! list on diamondbistro.com - you deserve it cuz you earned it BIG TIME!) * at least that's what I did when I called off my first wedding. I kept the diamond.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Tell your family the truth. They will stand behind you; if they don't, they aren't worth worrying over.

Don't think of this as postponing a wedding . . .don't get sucked into any of that. Call it off for good, forever. And remain firm.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
You are making the best decision for you! I'm so happy that you were able to be such a strong woman and really realize how much better off you are without that dbag! Also, props to you for telling his parents!! There is NOTHING for you to be embarasses about, since you got rid of his sorry butt! Tell your parents the truth. I know it will make you feel better and this way they can truly see him for who he really is and no blame will come on you for cancelling out the wedding.

You rock, by the way! Seriously, you have a hell of a lot of courage!! :appl:

haute_couture

Rough_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I know it couldn't have been easy, but you did right by yourself, MG. You've saved yourself a world of grief, more than what you are experiencing now. I am so proud of you. It can only get better from here.

(((HUGS))) and good wishes for endless possibilities in your future.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
You may not see this right now, but you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Calling off your wedding takes a lot of courage and you did it!! I see this (and I hope you do too) as the beginning of your new and better life. I wish you much strength during this time because I know it's tough. Please surround yourself with people that care about you and will support you during this tough time. {{{HUGS}}}

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
You made the best decision-you chose yourself and your happiness! Congrats on being a strong, smart, courageous woman! :appl:

Sending lots of positive vibes and wishes for a great future your way!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You made the right decision. Big big hugs to you. Sending you prayers of comfort and strength. You are going to be soooooo much better off. Thanks for the update. Phew!!!!

marygrace

Shiny_Rock
Although I am 36, I am in school working on my 3rd degree. I have finals this week. Nothing could get me out of test faster than saying, "I called off my wedding after discovering my groom's infidelities". A little TMI, however effective.

I hate him for ruining my semester too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results