shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael Jackson tribute..whos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops -- I accidentally hit submit before finishing. I was wondering who''s watching it.

I am, and I liked Mariah Carey''s performance. They were saying on ABC news that she needed to have a backup singer help her out with the song because she couldn''t hit all the ranges needed -- the same ones that Michael sang himself originally. It was interesting.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I thought Queen Latifa's speech was beautiful...Maya Angelou's poem (with Queen Latifa read) moved me to tears.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
not me...My son is napping and this is my quiet time (Yippee)...so I''m online with the TV off

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 1:59:23 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Oops -- I accidentally hit submit before finishing. I was wondering who''s watching it.

I am, and I liked Mariah Carey''s performance. They were saying on ABC news that she needed to have a backup singer help her out with the song because she couldn''t hit all the ranges needed -- the same ones that Michael sang himself originally. It was interesting.
I feel like her voice has deteriorated so much since she first covered the song. I remember really loving her version when she first sang it. Now, she sounds shrieky. I feel this way about her voice in general. The guy singing with her sounds just as good as he did when they first did the song.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know of any dialogue that is being published on line for those that can''t watch?

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:07:59 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Does anyone know of any dialogue that is being published on line for those that can''t watch?
you can stream it live on yahoo.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 2:05:55 PM
Author: brightlight

Date: 7/7/2009 1:59:23 PM

I feel like her voice has deteriorated so much since she first covered the song. I remember really loving her version when she first sang it. Now, she sounds shrieky. I feel this way about her voice in general. The guy singing with her sounds just as good as he did when they first did the song.
I feel the same, she normally didn''t have a problem with that song, but she didn''t sound as good. Still a great performance from Mariah, just heard better.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
thanks brightlight

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Mariah''s voice seemed to crack at times, but I just chalked it up to her being upset and/or nervous.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:16:47 PM
thanks brightlight
emteeth.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:18:58 PM
Yeah, Mariah's voice seemed to crack at times, but I just chalked it up to her being upset and/or nervous.
I think that may be part of it, but if you listen to her cds from when she first started and listen to her current cds, there's definitely a difference. Plus, if you listen to her live cd she did back in the day and listen to her perform live now, there's a really noticeable difference. I also think part of it is that she tries to over-emote.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really interested in how his kids will be raised, how they''ll be looked at by others, and what they think of all this. They''re young, I know, and I wonder if any of them will speak of their father one day in interviews. I just wonder how they view the world they grew up in.

John Mayer is on now -- he''s great!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:36:04 PM
I''m really interested in how his kids will be raised, how they''ll be looked at by others, and what they think of all this. They''re young, I know, and I wonder if any of them will speak of their father one day in interviews. I just wonder how they view the world they grew up in.

John Mayer is on now -- he''s great!
You know, with all of his scandals in recent years, I forgot how great some of his music really was. I hope they release a cd of all these performances.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m watching it at work on my computer. The boss knows....and I''m still working while watching. Mariah Carey''s performance was wonderful.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
had to turn it off, afraid of getting in trouble at work (sad to say that is so considering how monumental this is). I hope they replay it over the next few days so I can watch/tape..... hmmmm a thought!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Brooke Shields is making me about cry...

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:38:10 PM
had to turn it off, afraid of getting in trouble at work (sad to say that is so considering how monumental this is). I hope they replay it over the next few days so I can watch/tape..... hmmmm a thought!
Yahoo will probably keep it on their website for a while, so you should be able to watch it again later on their website.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I hope so, I''d really like to watch it

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
sadly cannot watch streaming (at work) or on TV, but catching stills on cnn.com

here in nyc they are showing it live in theatres and in Times Sq. This truly exemplifies how much impact he had on society and popular culture as we now know it. I don''t think there''s been anyone on this level since Elvis.

dreamer, love the new avatar
emsmile.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:51:20 PM
Author: janinegirly
I don''t think there''s been anyone on this level since Elvis.
Or Lennon
30.gif

tessa

Shiny_Rock
It is also being broadcast live on MSNBC.

Good luck!
Man, that guy could DANCE!!!!
36.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:02:28 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I thought Queen Latifa's speech was beautiful...Maya Angelou's poem (with Queen Latifa read) moved me to tears.
Same thoughts here. She delivered it well without being melodramatic (unlike Brooke). Personally I think they shd just stop with the 'one glove' thing. Only MJ could carry that look; the rest simply look ridiculous. I dun remember music stars honoring Elvis by wearing his sequinned high collared jumpsuits..or sporting his sideburns..
14.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 3:00:24 PM
Author: DiamondFlame

Date: 7/7/2009 2:02:28 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I thought Queen Latifa''s speech was beautiful...Maya Angelou''s poem (with Queen Latifa read) moved me to tears.
Same thoughts here. She delivered it well without being melodramatic (unlike Brooke). Personally I think they shd just stop with the ''one glove'' thing. Only MJ could carry that look; the rest simply look ridiculous. I dun remember music stars honoring Elvis by wearing his sequinned high collared jumpsuits..or sporting his sideburns..
14.gif
I thought Brooke Shields was very genuine. Aren''t those his brothers who are wearing the one glove?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the first person in my generation (I think) who had such pop status to pass away. The only other one I can think of is Princess Diana, who can''t really be categorized as a pop idol.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I''m watching it. Luckily it''s evening here so no work constraints.

It''s a very good and fitting tribute.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 3:16:10 PM
Author: merrymunky
I''m watching it. Luckily it''s evening here so no work constraints.

It''s a very good and fitting tribute.
I didn''t really think about the fact that it would be shown around the world. It goes to show how far-reaching his status was. Status might not be the right word but hopefully you know what I mean.

I also wonder, watching this, if we''ll ever know how true many of the allegations about his personal life were.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with brightlight. I thought Brook was very genuine. She was really having to take deep breaths to keep from crying. I would say I bet they really were a lot alike back than. Both growing up very young having to perform, having driven stage parents.

I believe the only ones wearing the glove is his brothers, and I think it is a fitting tribute. Although you do see people around the world wearing them on the clips. I think it really is a fitting tribute for today.

My opinion of Mariah's performance was she was sad and holding back emmotion and it had to be very difficult to hit any high notes in an emmotional state.

Jennifer Hudson rocked. I kept thinking how she just lost her mother and brother not so long again. Sad....

On to Usher.........that was drama. IMHO anyway. He wears the glasses to sing, than walks down to the casket and points to it while he sings. than takes off the glasses to cry. Than instead of going to the Jackson family to pay his respects he stands they and crys and they all come to gather around him. I wish he would not have done that. Seemed so much like drawing attention to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results