shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet My Kitties!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful kitties all of them, but I am in love with Charles particularly
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
They are all so beautiful, and so precious!!!!
30.gif
Thanks for sharing... I think I will have to put my kitties up at some point too!

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
This is my kitty Elliott. He''s 8-9 years old and FIV+. He''s the sweetest, most snug-a-bug kitty anyone could ask for. His favorite thing in the whole world is to be picked up and carried like a baby. He will stay in your arms forever.

elliott4.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 4:47:21 PM
Author: Nicki
This is my kitty Elliott. He''s 8-9 years old and FIV+. He''s the sweetest, most snug-a-bug kitty anyone could ask for. His favorite thing in the whole world is to be picked up and carried like a baby. He will stay in your arms forever.
How adorable is he?!! Ooooo - I love kitties.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hello sweet kitties!!! I''m a crazy cat lady, too! Ophelia''s heart is the cutest! It made me melt!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all so gorgeous - and seeing them all asleep together makes me so wistful for a day I can see that kind of interkitty peace in my own house!!!

I totally want to come over and steal Ophelia though...what a gorgeous kitty. They all are.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Nicki - your boy Elliott is so handsome!! I think I''m in love
30.gif
30.gif
2.gif

That''s so wonderful that you''ve given such a loving home to an FIV+ kitty - it can be so hard to find homes for those guys and in many places they don''t even get a chance, but as Elliott clearly shows they can live long and happy lives with the right care and the right home. He sounds like such a sweetie pie, and you sound like such a wonderful mommy for him - I''m so glad you found each other!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 4:47:21 PM
Author: Nicki
He is adorable Nicki! A special kitty needs a special home. Looks like he''s got one.
face23.gif
*head bonks*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicki that is fantastic that you have given an FIV+ kitty a special loving home, good for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Also Elliot is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

*head bonks*

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 6:19:54 AM
Author: Lorelei
Nicki that is fantastic that you have given an FIV+ kitty a special loving home, good for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Also Elliot is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

*head bonks*
Thanks ladies!
2.gif
I''ve worked in various types of dog rescue throughout my adult life, and when the time came to find a kitty, I immediately gravitated towards the special needs cats. I know how hard it can be to place older animals and those with special needs. He''s just the model cat, too. He NEVER claws my furniture. He isn''t fussy about his litter or litterbox. He is friendly and confident around strangers. He''s an all-around great boy. How anyone could abandon such a great cat to the streets is beyond me.

So far, he''s doing OK with his FIV. He''s been struggling with kidney/bladder stones lately. He had surgery earlier this summer to have a large stone removed. I was terrified that his FIV status would hinder his healing, but he did great! He even got to have his stiches out early! Kidney problems are super common with FIV cats, so I expect that I will eventually lose him to that. But for now, he''s greatly loved.
4.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot looks so well groomed and clean, bless him! I know with these cats they can go on for many years with a great quality of life, good for you for giving him such a wonderful home!! I too am attracted to special needs animals and especially cats, that is why I have 9 cats in the first place, to include one who is stone deaf and one who has a damaged eye and is one sided blind. Some are rescued and others were strays, they know where to come!
emcat.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Nicki - I volunteer at a shelter working with rescue dogs too, and I can honestly say that wonderful people like you and Lorelei and many others who have chimed in on this thread make it all worth it for me. We get a fairly large number of senior and/or special needs dogs and cats at our shelter, and its always such a huge celebration when one of them goes home - the whole staff and all the volunteers just light up and the animals seem to know it too, that they are special and that someone really extraordinary with an extra-big heart has come to take them home. I know that sounds corny, but it really is a wonderful thing to get to be part of, and stories like Elliott''s warm my heart.
9.gif

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 10:39:14 AM
Author: Lorelei
Elliot looks so well groomed and clean, bless him! I know with these cats they can go on for many years with a great quality of life, good for you for giving him such a wonderful home!! I too am attracted to special needs animals and especially cats, that is why I have 9 cats in the first place, to include one who is stone deaf and one who has a damaged eye and is one sided blind. Some are rescued and others were strays, they know where to come!
emcat.gif
He''s done really well, so far. His age is a guestimate since he was a street cat, but he was at the shelter for about 2 years waiting to be adopted and I''ve had him for 4 years. So, he''s lived with FIV for at least 6 years. He has chronic problems with yeast infections in his ears which make them itchy, but we''ve finally got that under control with an antifungal ear salve from the vet.

He is very good about keeping himself super clean. Like I said, he''s just an awesome kitty. I love him to death and will be absolutely devastated when he passes.

Good on you, Lorelei for letting so many cats into your life!
36.gif

And Gretchen, I LOVE to meet other rescue folks...they always have huge hearts with lots of love and friendship to spare.
1.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I thought I would share my sweeties! Chloe (6 months - GRAY) and Isabelle (1yr- BLACK AND WHITE), poor Chloe just got spayed yesterday! They are both TUXEDOS!

Chloe and Izzy July and August 072EDIT.jpg

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Here is another picture of Isabelle... she is like a dog!

Chloe and Izzy July and August 058EDIT.jpg

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
and Chloe again, such a sweetie!

Chloe and Izzy July and August 113EDIT.jpg

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Blueyes, they are SOOOOOO cute!!!
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG SO CUTE!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I ADORE that last picture - I don''t think I could refrain from playing with those adorable gray and white feeties!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
They look like such sweetie pies, and its so great that they are so bonded
9.gif
Thanks for sharing your cuties!

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! They are my babies! Talk about irresistable feeties... I was looking at pictures of your rag doll. That breed looks so lovable and dog like... how much does your weigh! He looks big?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, Nicki and Blueyes, your babies are adorable! I LOVE kitties!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 2:28:56 AM
Author: Harleigh
Aww, they are sooo stinkin'' cute! I love them! As a Maine Coone adopter myself, Olivia is of course my favorite! She is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Harleigh, I''d love to see your Maine Coons if you have any pictures of them! I love Maine Coons so much! I started learning about them after I got Olivia. I like to say that she''s a Miniature Maine Coon because she''s awfully tiny for a Maine Coon!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 9:08:32 PM
Author: blueyes157
Thank you! They are my babies! Talk about irresistable feeties... I was looking at pictures of your rag doll. That breed looks so lovable and dog like... how much does your weigh! He looks big?

Thanks blueeyes - his tufty feeties are pretty irresistable...we play with them a lot...

He is huge - he''s about 15-16 lbs now, but he''s not done growing yet, as he''s just a little over a year old. You can see in some of those pictures that he still looks kind of like a kitten, especially around the face. They do seem to be a really cool breed. I don''t think I would ever buy one, since I volunteer at an animal shelter, and we got ours by pure chance, since we didn''t know what he was until he got really huge and furry and floppy and the tufty feeties showed up...But there are lots of them in rescues out here, and I definitely would consider rescuing one again (but knowing what it was this time) in the future.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 1:26:06 AM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 8/27/2007 2:28:56 AM
Author: Harleigh
Aww, they are sooo stinkin'' cute! I love them! As a Maine Coone adopter myself, Olivia is of course my favorite! She is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Harleigh, I''d love to see your Maine Coons if you have any pictures of them! I love Maine Coons so much! I started learning about them after I got Olivia. I like to say that she''s a Miniature Maine Coon because she''s awfully tiny for a Maine Coon!
Hi thing! I think I posted some of my big furball, but I can''t seem to find where they are, so I''ll post a few here. His name is Maverick, he acts like a dog, drools, MUST be touching a human at ALL times...I just adore my big guy! He is a complete lovebug!

Maverick_Fishing2.JPG

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, he''s adorable! And he''s so big and tall! I love dog-cats! (I think boys are usually more likely to be dog-cats, for some reason.) Thanks for sharing!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, thing...you''re so sweet! I''ll try to find more pictures...I couldn''t find them on my computer last night, but I know I''ve got more somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results