shape
carat
color
clarity

Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to remind anyone in the area that this weekend is a tax-free shopping weekend, with single items up to $2,500 tax-free including jewellery. Also, I got an email from Long's this morning saying that they are giving 6.25% off items over $2.5k as well.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, Rubyshoes!! Maybe you could lobby your governor!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
GO GO GO, Smith!!

We had our last one about 10 days ago. Discontinued after this. I don't think jewelry was included -- Diamondseeker, right? But we live 10 minutes from the state border, on the other side of which they will still have them. I'll have to find out about jewelry down there. :devil:

--- Laurie

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite weekend of the year! Last year I bought a new MacBook Pro! ( my old one was 5 years old - desperately needed a new one!). This year we are going to stop by T&Co and see if the wb my SO wants is included (it is exactly 2500!) here's for hoping! :)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1375982971|3499069 said:
My favorite weekend of the year! Last year I bought a new MacBook Pro! ( my old one was 5 years old - desperately needed a new one!). This year we are going to stop by T&Co and see if the wb my SO wants is included (it is exactly 2500!) here's for hoping! :)

I did some research and it looks as if items which are bang on $2500 are also included.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
We live one state away, and already have our list ready.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1375982820|3499066 said:
GO GO GO, Smith!!

We had our last one about 10 days ago. Discontinued after this. I don't think jewelry was included -- Diamondseeker, right? But we live 10 minutes from the state border, on the other side of which they will still have them. I'll have to find out about jewelry down there. :devil:

--- Laurie

I don't need that kind of encouragement, JewelFreak! :lol: :lol: :lol: You're getting me all fired up!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1375983811|3499084 said:
We live one state away, and already have our list ready.

Yay, good for you! :appl: Are you going to Tiffany, perchance? :naughty:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I wish. More mundane, but with 1 in college and 1 in high school, we are going to get them new Apple laptop computers. And my washer and dryer could use replacing as well.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Too funny! I lived in NH for years (which is tax free) and every time I would go shopping the Mall/ store/ outlets were always full of MA residents. You could tell by just the parking lot with all the MA plates. The only time I could ever go shopping and not be trampled was during the MA tax free weekend when for once everyone doesn't fill into NH to avoid taxes!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's a good stimulus for small businesses during a slow summer month.

Consumer advocates remind us to buy an item already discounted to the max and then no tax for the best deal.

It's not a deal if the item is 6.25% off with no other discount.

But smart shoppers like PS folks already figured that out :mrgreen: Now go save some green and support Massachusetts mom & pops!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Smith, I live in the western part of the state. The only thing I was debating on getting was a Cartier trinity but since we don't have a Cartier on the west side of the state I am outta luck! That's probably good! ha ha! But in all reality we are leaving on Saturday for Maine, so we won't even be in Mass!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1376049926|3499584 said:
Smith, I live in the western part of the state. The only thing I was debating on getting was a Cartier trinity but since we don't have a Cartier on the west side of the state I am outta luck! That's probably good! ha ha! But in all reality we are leaving on Saturday for Maine, so we won't even be in Mass!

Lizzyann, you can buy the Trinity over the phone, I'm sure. That's what I did with all my Tiffany stuff last year. In addition, if you use the Cartier website, or you phone the webstore over the weekend, you can get it tax-free and shipped to you, since you have a Mass address.

Last year on this weekend, I was staying with family friends in Poughkeepsie, but was on the phone to my SA at Tiffany both days, going "I'll have this, I'll have that" etc etc. Ha ha!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results