shape
carat
color
clarity

Luxury Hair Care Products for Black Hair?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SIL's birthday is coming up. She's in the process of growing out her hair, which she's straightened or processed for many years now, to a natural style. Does anyone know of a good line of hair care products for natural black hair - perhaps something in the "luxurious" range that she probably wouldn't get for herself - that I can treat her to?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
The DevaCurl line has a cult following but is for curly hair. Mixed chicks is also very popular but not as pricey (still much higher end than Pantene). There's a curly hair forum that has many product recommendations for various hair types. Also a place like Ulta or Sephora may have some great ideas. So nice of you!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom: Thank you for the suggestions! I ended up going to a local beauty supply emporium today - realizing this would be my last chance to do so before I see my SIL - and the stylist there recommended DevaCurl, with Mixed Chicks getting a slightly less enthusiastic recommendation. I got the DevaCurl no-poo cleanser and "set it free" leave-in conditioner. She's going for the tight short curls look. I hope these will help get her started!

(BTW the stylist noted that my hair is also somewhat coarse - I took his unspoken suggestion and got some of the leave-in conditioner for myself too. :wink2: My hair has been pretty dull of late.)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi VRBeauty,

I'm not sure how "luxury" it is, but Luv Naturals http://www.luvnaturals.com/ has all kinds of different beauty products and accessories for growing out natural hair. They have a line of shampoos and conditioners too.
I haven't actually used any of their products, so I can't vouch for their quality (sorry! :confused:)

I bet your SIL has gorgeous hair!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
have you checked out Whole Foods? I know rainbow in the Mission in S.F. carries a couple of really nice natural products for black hair.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
DevaI Curl gets another vote from me. Also, Carol' Daughter has a great line of products--I believe they were just for AA hair, but I got the vanilla hair conditioner and was quite pleased with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results