shape
carat
color
clarity

Lots of Luck to Monarch This WEEKEND!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch is doing the Avon Breast Cancer 2 Day Walk this weekend....with a whopping marathon (26.2 miles) the first day and I believe another 13 miles the second day.

Way to go girl...we will be rooting for you and cheering you on....you are making a difference in many people''s lives who have been affected in some way by this disease....my mom and myself included.

GOOD LUCK AND KICK BUTT!!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck Monarch! You are doing a great thing!!!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
what a great cause. I think what you are doing is very admirable.
as much as I would love to do something like that, I think someone would be carying me to the finish line.
You''ve inspired me to start training for next year though! :)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Good Luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Monarch!!! What a great cause, I''m so proud of you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee,
face16.gif
you guys are so nice! I got tears in my eyes when I saw this thread! You guys are wonderful cheerleaders--thank you all so much for your encouragement and support. I am truly excited to be a part of this event...not only do I feel good for helping others, it has been one of those personal challenges in life that will be so rewarding. I will be thinking of my PS "family" while I walk this weekend!

FG, I will be wearing pink ribbons in my hair...one of which I''m going to Sharpie the letters "Mama FG" on in the spirit of your mom. The story behind the ribbons is this: when I was a little girl, my mother always put grosgain ribbons in my hair for school, etc. I haven''t worn them since grade school, but she asked me a few weeks ago what else she could do to help me prepare for the Walk. Instantly I said, "send me some pink ribbons to wear in my ponytail, and I will feel like you''re there with me!" I was thinking like a yard or two of ribbon, but NO, she sent me about 3 yards each of about 8-10 different shades and patterns of pinks! LOL!
9.gif
So, in honor of your mom, and to honor mine as well, I''ll be walking along with my schoolgirl pink ribbons!
35.gif

Thanks again everyone! I hope to have a great report for you Monday!
35.gif
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
You go girl!!!!
36.gif
emhot.gif
emstar.gif
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck, Monarch!! Hope you have lots of fun while helping such an important cause
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Monarch! You will be fabulous! I wish I could pledge/donate to you or something...don't overwater yourself!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 9:36:52 PM
Author: monarch64
Hee hee,
face16.gif
you guys are so nice! I got tears in my eyes when I saw this thread! You guys are wonderful cheerleaders--thank you all so much for your encouragement and support. I am truly excited to be a part of this event...not only do I feel good for helping others, it has been one of those personal challenges in life that will be so rewarding. I will be thinking of my PS 'family' while I walk this weekend!

FG, I will be wearing pink ribbons in my hair...one of which I'm going to Sharpie the letters 'Mama FG' on in the spirit of your mom. The story behind the ribbons is this: when I was a little girl, my mother always put grosgain ribbons in my hair for school, etc. I haven't worn them since grade school, but she asked me a few weeks ago what else she could do to help me prepare for the Walk. Instantly I said, 'send me some pink ribbons to wear in my ponytail, and I will feel like you're there with me!' I was thinking like a yard or two of ribbon, but NO, she sent me about 3 yards each of about 8-10 different shades and patterns of pinks! LOL!
9.gif
So, in honor of your mom, and to honor mine as well, I'll be walking along with my schoolgirl pink ribbons!
35.gif

Thanks again everyone! I hope to have a great report for you Monday!
35.gif
1.gif
Oh that is the sweetest thing ever, we will be routing for ya, and Mama FG as well. You have to have someone take a pic of you before the walk so we can see the pink ribbons in your hair. That was so nice of your mom!! Good luck,
12.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2006 11:34:39 PM
Author: Mara
YAY Monarch! You will be fabulous! I wish I could pledge/donate to you or something...don''t overwater yourself!!
Ha ha! I will definitely not overwater myself...you are too funny, Mara! I learned my lesson already, thank heaven. Also, thank you for the thought (donation wise). I''m super close to my goal, but DH ever so graciously committed to making up any difference himself. He''s a sweetie, I think I''ll keep him with or without an upgrade, lol! You just save that money, Mara, for your next upgrade, or better yet, find a Walk in your area to donate to...it all goes to the same cause. I''m touched that you thought of me, though. Thank you.

Kaleigh, I will totally have my camera with me and will most definitely have a picture of my ribbons/myself/etc. so I can post pics here next week.
9.gif
Can''t let FG be thinking I''m all talk and no action, now can I, lol!
2.gif

Also, just to let all you diamond-lovin'' PSr''s know...I will be on the lookout for fabulous diamonds this weekends. Out of 3-4000 walkers, there has got to be some great eye-candy and I will be more in danger of breaking my neck looking at that most likely, rather than obtaining some sort of foot injury, ha ha! Hmm, wonder if I can find some other diamond lovers who''ll let me take pics of their rings/earrings/whatever?! There is some nice bling on the hands of my teammates, but most of them won''t wear their rings due to swelling, etc. Me? I never go without the bling, hee hee
10.gif
! I''m betting some other women won''t either, but we''ll see!

35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOORAY FOR YOU MISS MONARCH!!! Best of luck!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
emotion-19.gif
LOVE the ribbons for Mama FG too!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
emstar.gif
Best of luck!!!!
emstar.gif

Thank you for taking the time to help out such a worthy cause!!!
emrainbow.gif

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Go Monarch! I love that your mom sent you pink ribbons to wear in your hair- that''s really sweet. Best of luck to you!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
emrainbow.gif
emhot.gif
best of luck monarch!
emhot.gif
emrainbow.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Monarch! We are with you every step of the way!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was so cute of your mom to send the ribbons - I would love to see some pictures from your walk!! Both Mama FG and I will be thinking about you this weekend!! Thanks again for supporting us and for walking and raising money for the cause!! I too wanted to donate for your walk. I will definitely be donating to the SF walk next month!! Hopefully next year I will walk it myself.

Good luck! Definitely don''t overwater (I''m sure they talked to you guys about hyponutremia) and kick some butt! (A 50/50 mix of gatorade and water worked great for me.)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{{HUGS}}}}} everyone!!!
1.gif
Thank you all again for your enthusiasm and encouragement!!!

The weather in Chicago is supposed to be perfect--sunny, 75 degrees both Saturday and Sunday. I''m all packed and ready to go...have lots of socks, camping gear, and pink clothes, and of course my pink ribbons! I''m really excited now...I have two hours left of work and then DH is driving me downtown and my weekend will begin!
9.gif
I can''t wait to be part of 4000 walkers painting old Chicago PINK!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Everyone have a great weekend!
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GREAT TIME KNOWING WHAT A GOOD THING YOU''RE DOING!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK MONARCH,

It is WONDERFUL what you are doing for Breast Cancer. We are soooooooooooooooo proud of you. Do you have your pink tennis shoes ready???

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2006 3:59:37 PM
Author: Linda W
GOOD LUCK MONARCH,

It is WONDERFUL what you are doing for Breast Cancer. We are soooooooooooooooo proud of you. Do you have your pink tennis shoes ready???

Linda
Ha! I DO have white shoes with pink stripes and trim! Yay for pink!
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
GO!!! M64 GO!!!
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch I hope you had a good time this weekend and your tootsies aren''t too sore! Let us know how it went when you''ve recovered.
1.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoo hoo! I did it!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
The Avon Walk Chicago was a smashing success--there were 3,600 walkers and we raised $8.2 MILLION dollars!
9.gif
Story to follow...first the pics. Sorry they''re small...I am STILL learning, hee hee!

myrib1.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those were the ribbons my mother sent me to wear in my hair...the three on the left were my selection for the weekend out of the many options she gave me, lol!

This is the tribute to FG''s mother...

FGmama1.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first morning we all gathered at Soldier Field, and they had these huge, 40-foot tall blown up pink columns (of which I forgot to get a picture of) that everyone signed with Sharpies...I signed a "Mama FG" with a crude drawing of a diamond below which is tough to see because my flash was on, oops! But it''s there, lol!

tribmamafg.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "pep rally" the morning of the first day outside Soldier Field...we had some amazing speakers and an aerobic warm up (largest aerobic class ever, lol!)

stage123.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results