shape
carat
color
clarity

LOST!!!!!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight we learn about the origin of the island, Jacob and the Man in Black!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/11/lost-countdown-anticipating-the-revelations-of-across-the-sea-plus-jin-sun-and-sideways-angst/

Can''t wait!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MAN!

Never start a thread called LOST on a diamond forum.
39.gif

Whew!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2010 2:56:08 PM
Author:Hudson_Hawk
Tonight we learn about the origin of the island, Jacob and the Man in Black!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/11/lost-countdown-anticipating-the-revelations-of-across-the-sea-plus-jin-sun-and-sideways-angst/

Can''t wait!
I can''t wait either!! It''s the highlight of today haha.

I really hope they answer the questions of why the island is so powerful, who Jacob and MIB are, why is MIB stuck on the island, etc. I remember the producers mentioned a lot time ago that they couldn''t possibly get to all of the questions (or even remember them all lol) but I really hope they at least give us the complete lowdown on the island.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery- I think they sort of have to give us some of those answers. But I did read something that the producers basically said that now that it is "obvious" that FLocke/MIB is the big bad, the only question left to answer is HOW it all goes down.

But I think tonight should tell us a lot. I am in such denial that this show is ending.

I''ve been hearing how amazing this episode is for awhile now, so excited to see it. And let''s cross our fingers that my DVR doesn''t freeze again!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2010 3:28:36 PM
Author: kenny
Oh MAN!

Never start a thread called LOST on a diamond forum.
39.gif

Whew!

Oh no! I hope I didn''t make you poop in surprise!

2.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait! BF is going to be out while the episode airs, and it''s going to take all my restraint not to watch it without him...

We just watched last week''s show on Sunday. No lie - I sobbed my heart out at the end.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2010 4:39:35 PM
Author: princesss
I can''t wait! BF is going to be out while the episode airs, and it''s going to take all my restraint not to watch it without him...

We just watched last week''s show on Sunday. No lie - I sobbed my heart out at the end.
You could always watch and then watch again when he gets home. He would be none the wiser
11.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I now am more confused than ever. I don''t think I like Jacob anymore. Black smoke may be "evil" but he is so much more human to me......

Maybe I will change my mind again next week...

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My sis and I were talking about HOW MUCH information they were giving us last night and all we wanted was for either Jacob or his Mom to call the brother out by name. What''s his freaking name! Argh! We even put the closed captioning on to make sure we didn''t miss it.

Mom seems to be a B!tc# doesn''t she - what with all the "I''m Sorry." KILL!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, where do I begin....well, first I fell asleep in the middle of it so I only saw up to the part where Jacob and the MIB are playing the game in the "Others" camp so someone needs to fill me in on the rest. But up until that point, I think Jacob might be the bad guy. This is entirely due to his "mother" though-her murderous ways, ulterior motive, and her inappropriate attachment to him. I think Blackie escaped and got in touch with his humanity through his life with the others whereas Jacob was held captive in a very insular environment (and one could even say reality). So I feel like Jacob is on the side of The Island and its secrets, whatever that means; and Blackie is in favor of humanity. Not sure if that makes sense....

Regardless, I think there is significant symbolic meaning behind the black and white aspects of the characters, not only in their clothing but their physical coloring as well (blonde vs brunette).

I also think the "mother" role has significant symbolic meaning as we''ve seen mothers throughout the show. I''m thinking along the lines of the mother of the boys who was murdered, then Claire was violated, etc...Who knows what would have happened with Sun if she''d had her baby on the island. And then there''s the "evil" mother that we see in Allison Janey, and we could even extend that to Kate in her role as Aaron''s adoptive mom.

So what else did I miss?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
SPOILER ALERT

You missed the part where Jacob killed Blackie. So the smoke monster is impersonating him the same way he was impersonating Locke. So while I agree that the original Blackie was probably better than Jacob, Smoke Monster Blackie could still be very evil.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 10:07:34 AM
SPOILER ALERT

You missed the part where Jacob killed Blackie. So the smoke monster is impersonating him the same way he was impersonating Locke. So while I agree that the original Blackie was probably better than Jacob, Smoke Monster Blackie could still be very evil.

So "Blackie" as we know him now is not the original?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 10:08:54 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

SPOILER ALERT

So ''Blackie'' as we know him now is not the original?
Correct. Blackie is to the original Blackie as...well, as Locke is to the original Locke. The original Blackie seemed like a good guy. Smoke Monster Blackie, not so much...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh interesting...

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 10:52:57 AM

SPOILER ALERT

Correct. Blackie is to the original Blackie as...well, as Locke is to the original Locke. The original Blackie seemed like a good guy. Smoke Monster Blackie, not so much...
Hmm... I''m not sure we can say MIB really, truly died completely. We know that MIB''s body floated down the water towards "the light," and the smoke monster emerged. I assumed that MIB''s spirit/soul/whatever remained - just not in his original body. Considering Lockemonster talked to Kate about his "crazy mother" several episodes back, it seems like he''s recalling memories from MIB''s past...

I''m also looking at MIB and Jacob as representations of different aspects of human nature. Jacob was really innocent and faithfully stuck by the "mother" who raised him. Jacob was curious, doubting, and wanted more answers. Jacob seemed to like his life as it was, where as MIB wanted change and wanted to explore.

I''m not sure I could classify either one of them as totally good or totally evil.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah HH-Jacob threw Blackie down the river where the light was and the smoke monster came shooting out. Then Jacob found Blackie's body and laid him next to their mother's in the cave. And THOSE are the skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave way back when in Season 1. IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER!

ETA agree with CurlySue that I don't think Blackie totally died either. Plus the mother told Jacob that if he went to the light he wouldn't die but he would be worse than dead. Which is the smoke monster, obviously...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, thank you for that T2!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m reading a recap from Entertainment Weekly and this line made me laugh.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/11/lost-across-the-sea/

"Meet the mother of all Others–The Other Mother, if you will, in more ways than one. Nameless and lonely (and well played by The West Wing’s Allison Janney), she was the proto Rousseau, more fit to raise Claire’s fake squirrel baby than two human beings. She was a Wicked Wiccan Witch of the West, an earthy demi-goddess gone gonzo, an old world oracle-priestess gone dangerously loco."

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 11:16:12 AM
Author: thing2of2
Yeah HH-Jacob threw Blackie down the river where the light was and the smoke monster came shooting out. Then Jacob found Blackie''s body and laid him next to their mother''s in the cave. And THOSE are the skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave way back when in Season 1. IT''S ALL COMING TOGETHER!

ETA agree with CurlySue that I don''t think Blackie totally died either. Plus the mother told Jacob that if he went to the light he wouldn''t die but he would be worse than dead. Which is the smoke monster, obviously...
True. I do think that he was corrupted by the whole "I''m going to throw you into the Source" thing, though - whether it''s that his anger at being killed by his brother changed him, or something in the Source I think he came out of it changed (and not just physically), and definitely not for the better.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

SPOILER ALERT

So 'Blackie' as we know him now is not the original?
How do we know this? Just curious.

ETA - I haven't read up much b/c I like surprises (I NEVER read movie reviews, etc.) So, what is the basic premise behind your comments?

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Am I the only one starting to think that "LOST" is not lost as in lost and found, but lost as in won vs. lost?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 1:34:37 PM
Author: CurlySue
Am I the only one starting to think that ''LOST'' is not lost as in lost and found, but lost as in won vs. lost?

Ooooh good point. I LOVE Lost. I''m not ready for it to be over!
39.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 12:36:31 PM
Author: MC

SPOILER ALERT

How do we know this? Just curious.

ETA - I haven''t read up much b/c I like surprises (I NEVER read movie reviews, etc.) So, what is the basic premise behind your comments?
I don''t know for certain. I''m really just inferring this from what they implied:

Blackie goes into hole with weird light.
Light dims and Smoke Monster emerges.
Blackie''s body washes up by the river.
Jacob lays mom and Blackie out as Adam and Eve.
We''ve seen Jacob and Blackie have the "Do you know how much I want to kill you?" discussion where as previously there was little animosity between them.
We know the Smoke Monster can only assume the form of dead people (Jack''s father, Locke, etc.)
So my guess is that Blackie''s body died, and he became (or part of him became) the Smoke Monster, which assumed Blackie''s form because it uses its ability to shape itself into dead people to control the people around it (make Jack follow it, make Blackie follow his actual mother, etc.).

Sorry to make it bullet points instead of an actual, thought out paragraph, but I''m brain dead at the moment!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Princess.

From what we''ve seen so far:

MIB appears to be dead. And we know there were two skeletons (Adam & Eve) in the first season so we can assume that MIB''s physical body remains "dead". I totally didn''t remember the Losties finding the bag with the two stones (white and black). I think that is what they meant by the producers knew who Adam & Eve were from the very beginning.

Also, we have seen the current MIB say the exact same things that supposedly dead MIB did, and he obviously has "memories" of the original MIB.

The producers have definitively said that FLocke/MIB is evil. I was wondering about that as I watched this episode because child MIB did not seem evil at all, in fact he was way more sympathetic to me. I actually thought that MIB was dead and the smoke monster was impersonating him after his mom hit him on the head. But he wasn''t dead. So now it makes more sense that the current MIB is evil, but is also not truly Jacob''s brother.

Ok, did anyone else think Jacob was kind of an idiot? And yes, I agree, the fact of not giving MIB a name is no longer mysterious, it was just a distraction to me.

VERY interesting to me that the light turned black.

Loved the promo for next week.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results