carat
color
clarity

lost ring, now another disappointment

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What Wink said plus:
It also might help to get a replacement quote from another jeweler based on your documentation.
The one who did the original setting would be best.
Or one from Wink on the diamond and one from the setting vendor on the setting.
I am pretty sure Wink would be happy to do one for you.
That will give you evidence that the offer is not correct.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is an ideal cut, hearts and arrows patterning, with a PGS report. It is not a big diamond .47 carats (h, vs2) so maybe that's why the valuation is so low.
thank you for your thoughts. I asked them to get an estimate from original jeweler, and I even offered to find out info, and they basically said they would not use that information as it is not one of their jewelers, so kind of at an impasse. I told them I agreed to the cash out, but I was not happy. So I don't think I will escalate at this point. But I appreciate all the information.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I understand not wanting to be bothered escalating, but I am sad to see them win by just refusing to honor their commitment to you. I would recommend at least shopping for a new insurer for EVERYTHING. Be sure to let them know what their intransigence cost them long term, much more than simply doing what was right.

Wink

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we have been loyal to them for years (20!) for everything no claims whatsoever. I think it is time to get some quotes for maybe switching.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made an update in Rocky talky "decide on whiteflash setting" post, if anyone has any advice :twirl: .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results