shape
carat
color
clarity

*Lorelei* Where did you get your cute emojis??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and how can we use them on PS too? :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Have you seen the pinned thread on hangout forum, that Skippy created? There's a TON on there w great instructions on how to use.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1404246552|3704697 said:

You sure can!
woohoo.gif

by Enerchi » 01 Jul 2014 15:54

:wavey: Have you seen the pinned thread on hangout forum, that Skippy created? There's a TON on there w great instructions on how to use.

Hehe!

As Enerchi mentions, this is the thread! I notice no one uses them much since I have been back, since we had the new format a few years back, it wasn't quite as straightforward to add them, but here is my quick guide.

Let the page below load, then go to the emotie you want to use. Have a separate page open with the reply box for the post you want to reply to ready and waiting.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/[/URL]

Hover your mouse on the emotie, right click, scroll to properties at the bottom. Click on properties, a box will open to the left. Highlight the address URL then hit copy. Go back to your open post reply window.

Under Insert top right of the reply box, there is a diamond shaped icon. Click on that and another box will open up which says add URL. Paste the URL in the text space, then hit add URL. The URL address will then appear as text in the post a reply box, hit submit, then it should show as your emotie.
bat%20eyes3.gif

Sometimes the emoties ' go bad' and appear in a different place to where you want them, in that case I cut and paste the emotie to where I want it to go.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, does this work for apple computers too? I am tech challenged and still have not mastered using computers/smart phones and the like lol. Whenever I use emoties that are not already on the list to our right when posting it doesn't come out right. So just wondering if it is different for different brands of computers?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lorelei|1404289630|3705063 said:

You sure can!
woohoo.gif

Hehe!

As Enerchi mentions, this is the thread! I notice no one uses them much since I have been back, since we had the new format a few years back, it wasn't quite as straightforward to add them, but here is my quick guide.

Let the page below load, then go to the emotie you want to use. Have a separate page open with the reply box for the post you want to reply to ready and waiting.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/[/URL]

Hover your mouse on the emotie, right click, scroll to properties at the bottom. Click on properties, a box will open to the left. Highlight the address URL then hit copy. Go back to your open post reply window.

Under Insert top right of the reply box, there is a diamond shaped icon. Click on that and another box will open up which says add URL. Paste the URL in the text space, then hit add URL. The URL address will then appear as text in the post a reply box, hit submit, then it should show as your emotie.
bat%20eyes3.gif

Sometimes the emoties ' go bad' and appear in a different place to where you want them, in that case I cut and paste the emotie to where I want it to go.
I must be really OLD because reading these instructions made my head swim! :???: I guess I'll have to stick with what PS provides. :roll:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It took me 3 yrs after PS1 to figure this one out
yippee10.gif
on other forums there is usually a button for "more emoticons" other then the ones on the right..>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
that would make it much easier to use. PS1 was easy just copy and paste.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1404307456|3705152 said:
Lorelei|1404289630|3705063 said:

You sure can!
woohoo.gif

Hehe!

bat%20eyes3.gif

I must be really OLD because reading these instructions made my head swim! :???: I guess I'll have to stick with what PS provides. :roll:

You can do it, it isn't as bad as it sounds!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1404298532|3705095 said:
Lorelei, does this work for apple computers too? I am tech challenged and still have not mastered using computers/smart phones and the like lol. Whenever I use emoties that are not already on the list to our right when posting it doesn't come out right. So just wondering if it is different for different brands of computers?

I think they are Mac compatible Missy, but I will check that with someone who will know for sure, we should get some info soon!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="yennyfire|
I must be really OLD because reading these instructions made my head swim! :???: I guess I'll have to stick with what PS provides. :roll:[/quote]

Yenny, don't feel bad
aww1.gif
..wait till you get to my age..
grandpa.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Testing...4pic8star.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1404313761|3705226 said:

I think they are Mac compatible Missy, but I will check that with someone who will know for sure, we should get some info soon!
My Brit gf ..Is there an easier way?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1404314540|3705232 said:
[quote="yennyfire|

Yenny, don't feel bad
aww1.gif
..wait till you get to my age..
grandpa.gif
[/quote]
Show off!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1404321454|3705303 said:

The Mac issue is being worked my American BF, I tried dragging and dropping like we used to do and it didn't work but I will keep trying and admin are onto it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei said:

The Mac issue is being worked my American BF, I tried dragging and dropping like we used to do and it didn't work but I will keep trying and admin are onto it.

Thanks Lorelei! Glad to know it just wasn't my ineptitude this time lol.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1404339270|3705506 said:

How about with a PC like we used to?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
gaah.gif

I will probably forget how next time I want to do this. It is good to know that my previous posted photos are available at the above image button. After 3 years, I learned something new.
martini.gif

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy said:
Lorelei said:

Thanks Lorelei! Glad to know it just wasn't my ineptitude this time lol.

I have a Mac as well and was having trouble with them too!! I'll keep trying it. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1404340278|3705516 said:
Lorelei|1404339270|3705506 said:

How about with a PC like we used to?

Tried that DF and it's not working, with the later IE's I can't seem to open a new window and drag and drop but I am going to keep fiddling around to see what happens.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Lorelei|

Tried that DF and it's not working, with the later IE's I can't seem to open a new window and drag and drop but I am going to keep fiddling around to see what happens.[/quote]

Can the Admin do anything ?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1404372318|3705842 said:
[quote="Lorelei|

Tried that DF and it's not working, with the later IE's I can't seem to open a new window and drag and drop but I am going to keep fiddling around to see what happens.

Can the Admin do anything ?[/quote]

They are working it my American BF!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1404374601|3705849 said:
Dancing Fire|1404372318|3705842 said:
[quote="Lorelei|

Can the Admin do anything ?

They are working it my American BF![/quote] :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
trying
snicker.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1404633743|3707613 said:
Gypsy|1404512938|3706942 said:
You can also do it this way.

(img) http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/snicker.gif (/img)

ONLY instead of parenthesis you use BRACKETS: [

So I am doing that below here:
snicker.gif

And that way it always goes where you want it to.

Blast...that doesn't work for me... :mad: Are you on a Mac Gypsy?

Nope. PC. You do a set of brackets. So open bracket img close bracket. To start. Then open bracket /img close bracket to end.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Gypsy's trick should work on any GIF/emoji that is already on a PS server, done by following Lorelei's directions in the thread she mentioned. The trick is that the real code has no spaces and adds brackets. I will see if we can find a way to allow them without them needing to be on the PS server.

Here is a captured version of the exact code (use without my curser at the end!), replace the web address in the middle with the emoticon you would like to use:

forumgifcode.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1404371476|3705840 said:

The cheerleader is my fave so far -- now I just need to figure out how to do it on this dang Mac!! UGH! :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results