shape
carat
color
clarity

LOL... Poor Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh its beautiful Gypsy!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Andrey THANK YOU!! Ocean just sent me her first sketch too, I can''t size that either, so unfortunately I''m going to beg another favor and ask for you to post that as well. YAY!

I LOVE the sketch. It''s SO VERY CLOSE to perfect. Just need to find out if structurally we can slim the side of the halo down from 2mm. It may not be possible, and she''ll let me know honestly. I''m calling Ocean tomorrow to discuss that, and firm up details. But WOW, she really captured what I wanted!!! Hope you like it!

Ocean''s accompanying note to the sketch.

"Remember, this is ''greatly'' enlarged so the head may not appear as delicate as you and I have talked about. But I know you want a very fine border around your stone with no metal showing at the edges where it faces upwards. The engraving on the 2mm band under the stones will make that appear very fine and ''glittery'' as well. We should talk about the 2mm to 3mm band for your ring. It might be better not to taper it so your side bands will fit flush against it."

We adjusted gallery and underwires of the ring to allow for a flush fit band-- so I agree that the taper defeats that purpose, even though I do like the look of it, generally. SO I''m going to nix the taper.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Here is Ocean''s Sketch

gypsys_Halo_m.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh, wow; that looks so elegant!!! I like that there is no edge. Yay!
35.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is really exciting! You have a gorgeous stone, and the new design looks just beautiful. Can''t wait to see the finished product.
36.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
AHH stunning overload. Your stone is amazing, that sketch is amazing. My "favorite rings" file on my comp is just *begging* for the finished product! What a fun Thanksgiving you will have! I''m excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Whatta sketch!!! Yumsville!

After studying it a bit I have one question though -- if the stone is gonna be sunk to girdle level in the halo -- how is it getting "more light" than being bezel set? Is there an airline? Usually when a stone is prong set in a halo, the stone rides slightly higher than girdle height from the side view (mind you I don''t prefer this -- just what I''ve seen).

Personally I like the height just as she''s drawn it -- just wonder if prongs are unnecessary then & you could experience full octagonal bezel bliss?
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know... I'm REALLY glad you pointed that out Deco. I'm going to have to discuss that with her, and I totally missed it. I know you love the bezel bliss. But I'm gonna want that stone raised a bit. LOL. Sorry!!!

ETA:

Okay. So that's two things I need to bring up.

1. Can the 2mm width on the side of the halo be slimmed down without structural problems.

2. I'd like the stone set higher in the prongs.

Anything else you're eagle eyes spot guys?
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
FWIW ... I just noticed that my own stone rides just a bit higher than girdle height -- with the BOTTOM edge of the girdle just meeting metal. In other words the entire (thick) girdle is exposed but nothing below it .. I think that could work for you too, cuz then you don''t have the "seeing the pavillion start to taper" problem or gapping.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/6/2007 5:54:41 PM
Author: Gypsy
You know... I''m REALLY glad you pointed that out Deco. I''m going to have to discuss that with her, and I totally missed it. I know you love the bezel bliss. But I''m gonna want that stone raised a bit. LOL. Sorry!!!

ETA:

Okay. So that''s two things I need to bring up.

1. Can the 2mm width on the side of the halo be slimmed down without structural problems.

2. I''d like the stone set higher in the prongs.

Anything else you''re eagle eyes spot guys?
2.gif
That is the nice thing about custom, you look, you change, when it is all done it is the way that YOU want.

Wink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 6:09:36 PM
Author: Wink

That is the nice thing about custom, you look, you change, when it is all done it is the way that YOU want.

Wink

Exactly Wink!!
2.gif

Deco, that''s what I want. I have a thick girdle on my stone... so I think it can be done without showing any pavillion. Don''t want that. Thanks so much for your help and input on this, it''s a really important thing for me. I want to reduce the possiblity of a cut down on light return as much as possible, which still maintaining the integrity of the design.

I really am so pleased how she''s captured it all. I LOVE the underwires.

Wondering if the 3mm shank for flush fit band can be slimmed to 2.5 mm too. Gonna add that to my list of questions.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
More from the WONDERFUL Neil:

"Here''s a DiamCalc calculated ASET. Notice, by the way, that the red/green is quite different. This has to do with the alignment in the tool. DC is lined up with the girdle plane and the ASET is lined up with the table plane. It usually doesn''t make this much difference but yours is cut right along the boundary so that that extra little bit of crown height is really obvious."

Gypsy Diamond DC-ASET2.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and beautiful design! So excited for you!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 6:25:39 PM
Author: snlee
Gorgeous diamond and beautiful design! So excited for you!
36.gif
Me too!!! I am thrilled for you Gyspy!!!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
SMELLING SALTS!!! I NEED SMELLING SALTS!!!! I ... am... feeling... faint...
2.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh Gypsy! Your asscher is KILLER, just KILLER!!! And the design that Ocean drew is breathtaking! OH! I am feeling faint again!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Poor Neil my foot, he gets to play with your beautiful asscher! Both your diamond and Ocean''s design sketches are simply breathtaking Gypsy!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH I'm SO HAPPY YOU GUYS LIKE IT!

Obviously, the most important thing is that I like it. But you all have SUCH exquisite taste... Kaleigh, Deco, Maisie, Snlee, Skippy, Lyra, Indy, Miscka, Sundail, Lynn (you made me LOL) EVERYONE who has replied. I'm giddy you like it.

And as with ANY POST OF MINE, please speak up honestly. I appreciate honesty. And you won't pee on my parade if there's something you don't like and point out. It might give me food for thought, or I might shrug it off as personal preferences. But I really don't want anyone to feel compelled to rubber stamp anything just to make me happy!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 words
kicken asscher!!!!

sure you wont trade 2 cats? hehehehehe

The sketch looks kewl 2.
Id put the top of the bezel even with the bottom of the girdle.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I think I need something stronger, A LOT STRONGER than smelling salts
36.gif
36.gif
Bring me the nitro pills; wait... I don''t take nitro
31.gif
How about some resuscitation (mouth-to - mouth by Daniel Craig??)
30.gif

Be still my heart!!! A beautiful asscher in a gorgeous setting!!!!

May it be all you hoped for and more!! I''ll follow your journey with great anticipation!
18.gif
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well sit me down and fan me off. Gorgeous photos miss!!!

And the sketch?
18.gif

*whew* I need a drink....or a cigarette.
9.gif

2.gif

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
About deco's concern - I don't think the diamond is sitting too low. It's just the drawing makes the prongs look like they are holding the TABLE instead of the CROWN.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 7:09:51 PM
Author: Ellen

9.gif

2.gif
I agree Ellen! Cheers to Gypsy and her new ring design (I am giddy to see the those pics and your asscher).
36.gif
I can't wait to see it finished!!!!! This 1st round is on me. hehe
31.gif
2.gif

51988157.Mojitos.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh Gypsy, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. But I am with Deco that I personally prefer the bezel bliss for halos...
3.gif

But I won''t hold it against you OR your ring if you get prongs. Promise!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 7:23:47 PM
Author: Skippy123

9.gif

2.gif
I agree Ellen! Cheers to Gypsy and her new ring design (I am giddy to see the those pics and your asscher).
36.gif
I can''t wait to see it finished!!!!! This 1st round is on me. hehe
31.gif
2.gif
I knew I liked you, thanks pal.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Gypsy! How exciting for Neil to confirm that you have a very fine asscher! That makes it even better to set in a gorgeous custom setting! I love the sketch, too! I am happy to see she is using the 90/10 platinum..that''s what I''d choose, too. I think it is great you waited until you knew what you wanted to have a ring made for your stone! I think the halo will give it a nice size boost and make it a forever ring!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock

And the sketch?
18.gif

9.gif

2.gif
How about hose me down? Good lord that''s going to be scrumptious!!!!!

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 7:53:10 PM
Author: Shay37

And the sketch?
18.gif

9.gif

2.gif

shay
Anything for a friend.
9.gif

fireman.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 7:59:36 PM

Date: 9/6/2007 7:53:10 PM
Author: Shay37

And the sketch?
18.gif

9.gif

2.gif

shay
Anything for a friend.
9.gif
I LOVE that one, Ellen. You find the cutest little guys.

shay

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 1:50:25 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 9/6/2007 1:39:26 PM
Author: strmrdr
kewl ya got .006 ct more than ya thought ya had lol
Hey... that''s probably the equivalent of one of my (special request) tiny melee stones! This is a fun process. I''m glad we''re doing it, along with the re-set... totally worth it.
Maybe your rock had a tiny melee baby while it was in transit
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results