shape
carat
color
clarity

Locks of Love

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I have been thinking of, and wanting to, cut my hair for a while now. Somehow, this week it just became a lot less *scary* to just go ahead and do it.

I took the time to straighten my hair last night, and I realized just how long it''s gotten again. I had Paul measure it, and it looks like I have enough so that if I cut it, I could donate to "Locks of Love," which is something I''ve really wanted to do, once I did take the plunge to go short.

I don''t really think my version of short is the same as a lot of people''s though. Whenever I look at pictures of hairstyles, *short* is NOT what I mean by short.

So, I guess when I go in for my appointment today, I will have to see if the just above the shoulders look I''m thinking of (which is SHORT to me!) would work for the 10 inches I need for Locks of Love.

If it''s not, I don''t know if I should (or will) get my hair cut or not, since at the very most, I''d need another 1/2 inch or so to be able to do it later for Locks of Love.

And it''s really pretty funny I''m even posting this because every time I go into the salon, I never really cut much off at all. Watch me come back and post, "yeah, I didn''t do it. I got my standard 1/2 inch trim."

I''m a nut.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2007 8:29:43 AM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Go for it. Make a change. It will spice up your life.
I agree with Mr Sherwood Fishie - go for it and you will be doing a wonderful thing also!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think you should go for it! I''ve been thinking about doing this too. I''m worried that I''ll look stupid with short hair though.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did the same thing as you; I didn't realize how emotional it was to cut my hair so I understand. It was approx 11 inches when I cut it. I am just curious why you had to straighten your hair? I am sure you read their website. It definitely is a good feeling to know you can help a child!!! Kudos for having a big heart
36.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I just chopped off 13 inches of hair which I sent to Locks of Love the very same day. It's a really great feeling to know that you are helping a child out...YOUR hair will grow back, right
2.gif

I cut mine off on a bit of a whim and I'm ever so glad I did. The new style is so much easier to deal with as I have curly hair. I've had this style for about a month now and I am still getting complimented on it almost daily. So, if you have a good sytlist, I say make the change!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a side note; don''t have your hubby cut it for you. I had an asymmetrical hair cut
6.gif
for a little while until I went to the hairdresser. heeeheee

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
OH...what a dilemma. If you really want to go short and you have a opportunity to wait for the 1/2 inch...oh I would SOOO wait.

I was in our most elite salon when this GORGEOUS long lustrous blonde came in. Her mane was admired by all...EVERY one took notice. She sat next to me...and had a consult as normal...then all of a sudden gasps waved through the salon. I looked over and the stylist held up 18 inches of hair as a trophy and announced 19 inches of LOVE for Locks of Love!! We all stood and applause rang through the salon. Applause and tears. This beauty gave her treasured hair to Locks of Love. I was in tears. Crocodile ones. I couldn't believe that she gave away what others saw as her beauty. She actually had a glow...a halo if you want to know that remained.

As I left I went over to hug her and tell her how truly beautiful she was. Her beauty wasn't as first judged...full of vanity as mine...but of thoughtful giving nature.

What an incredible gift you will be giving to someone that doesn't have your follicle fortune. I think the gift would enable the shock of your cut to be more meaningful.

If you read this before your appointment...reconsider the cut for a later time. Please. You have no idea what you can impart to another person/ a child who may be in the hospital in tears as their hair will not return do to chemo or surgery. I am in tears right now in my plea.

DKS

for those of you that don't know...please read here....
http://www.locksoflove.org/

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my step daughter donated her hair to locks of love when she was 8 or 9. it was just an awesome experience for her knowing what good she was doing, we all cried at the salon too and the hairdresser cut her hair for free b/c of what she was doing. he then styled into and adorable bob so it was a win/win for everyone. I say go for it. I actually have thought of doing the same thing. my hair is way to long and i would love to just chop it, but I did than when I was preggo with my second and hubby did not like the pixie cut at all so i''m banned from any major hair changes when expecting. I think you should go for it, it''s such a cool thing and a way to really contibute to an incredible cause.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I say go for it too! Your hair can always grow back and more importantly, you''ll be contributing to a great cause.
1.gif

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
I just did this a month ago!!

They cut off 14" and said there was probably enough hair for two children''s wigs! I''ve been craving a new, fresher cut too - and since I am not one to stick with one hairstyle, I went for it! I am so glad I did, you get to help out a great cause and get a new pumped up look too!

Some places, like the salon I go to, will even cut your hair for free if you have enough to donate to Locks of Love!

I say go for it, and show us the cut you decide to go with!
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
18 inches of hair as a trophy and announced 19 inches

What a knucklehead...I meant to type 19 both times. I was crying...such a goofy kid I am.

DKS

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Locks of love is awesome--I used to have crazy long undyed hair and I cut off 22" at once to donate. It wa really freeing, and it makes me feel good to think that someone else is enjoying being a redhead (or at least a strawberry blonde).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go for it!!! It will be hard to watch them doing it and weird until the cut is finished, but it will feel wonderful once the style is done. I got a major chop this week. I cut it from about at my chest to chin length. It was a great feeling once it was over. Unfortunately, I had 10 inches of hair but they said that there were too many layers in the hair to donate...bummer. It was still great to cut the hair off though and I am loving my new cuter do. My new style has a lot of shape and volume to it while my old style was a little boring. My hair also looks healthier since they took off all of the unhealthy hair at the bottom.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Agh, fisher, I''m dying to know what happened! I''m feeling a slight deja vu to when I was waiting to find out if you were engaged
1.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I did it!

And it was enough for locks of love. I have a ziplock bag filled with a ponytail right now, ready to send off. The salon said they could send it off for me, but I wanted to take a picture with it first (scrapbook opportunity, no?).

It was exciting and scary at the same time. I didn''t cry, but I was in shock, for a while.

I was also worried Paul wouldn''t like it, because my hair is one of his favorite things. When he saw it yesterday, he said, "where did all my wife''s beautiful hair go?" I''d told him several times that I wanted to do this for Locks of Love, but he never really believed it, since I never go short.

About 5 minutes later, though, he said he liked it and it makes me "sassy." Haha. Sassy. Me. That''s funny.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, I''m not on here much these days and I totally missed your wedding! Did you post pictures? I''ve looked, and haven''t seen them.
7.gif
Other than the one where it was your back to the open doors (beautiful picture, girl!!!). Any links you can send my way?

9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
Thank you! There''s another picture on that thread of DH dipping and kissing me also. Those are the only ones I''ve posted so far. I''m still waiting on the DVD with the images. Right now I can view the proofs online, but it has our last names on it so I can''t post the link and the pictures are really small so taking a screen shot wouldn''t work well either
8.gif
. Hopefully I''ll be getting the full images soon and then I''ll be able to post them!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
When they cut it, the curl and wavy in my hair really *popped* from not being weighed down anymore. The stylist let it go naturally, and I really liked it.

I couldn''t get a good picture of the curly, but it is cute and bouncy.

cutcurly.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This morning I straightened it and flipped the ends. It''s fun playing with a new haircut!!

straightcut2.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great Fishie!!! Sassy too!!! Love that you donated to locks of love, what a great cause.
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwe, wonderful!!! You look great; I love the cute curl''s! Great cause too!!! Kudos for giving a child hair for a wig
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I did that once, they cut off thirteen inches....felt so nice to have 8 pounds of hair off my head...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Fisherman girl...

You are TOO CUTE!! Sassy Lassie! Really that cut is just right for you! I love how you flipped the ends today! You have some beautiful hair, that cut did nothing to take away from you...it added so much pizzazz~!

And thank you. Thank YOU!! I was telling my husband your story yesterday while we were in the car...I had tears rolling down my cheeks..and ruined my makeup! He said I was such a sap. I said, what a gift these women can give. You see I have naturally curly hair that is fine in texture...it is always a wreck. My nickname used to be fuzz...getting any length on my head takes a lot of effort. So I realize the magnitude of a major chop. And I appreciate your sacrifice and your gift...ever so much more.

I know you didn''t do it for me...and it isn''t my place to be grateful...but I am just the same. And for all of you that have done so in the past I salute you all! From the heart.

DKS
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you went for it, you really do look adorable, the cut is just too cute and not too short at all. and what a special and great cause!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Yay! It looks great! how far up is it layered? I was worried about it looking stupid if I cut mine that short since my hair''s curly, but so is yours and it looks really cute!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your hair looks so cute both curly and straight! I hope you feel great about making such an awesome choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results