shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Idol Blog n Brownies 5/2/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Woohooooo!!!
I was SOOOO happy to see Paris go. I agree with the poster re: She will be GREAT someday - especially if she goes into the jazzy / old school Ella Fitzgerald kind of stuff -- but she''s not quite there yet. And I said the same thing to my bf - I LOVED Paris in auditions. LOVED HER. Then something happened and she annoyed the crap out of me. So maybe a couple of years will do her some good and she will come back into the spotlight and be a major talent in the future.

I gotta say I love me some Elliott. I was honestly a little scared for him - what with the poorly chosen lyrics and the not so great first song. But looks like the Elliott train is picking up a wee bit of steam.

And now for my shocker statement - I LIKE KAT. There I said it.
Yes - I think she definitely is a bit cocky about her singing - but come on, her mom''s a vocal coach so you know she''s been hearing it her whole life. So I can forgive her that at least a little bit.
But I think that a lot of what everyone is reading as contrived/fake is this: Kat is a big, huge dork. You know she was in choirs/vocal performance groups probably her whole dang life and choir geeks can get a little crazy (been there done that). She''s the kind of girl that snorts instead of laughs and wouldn''t be able to dress herself in something fashionable to save her life. I think the show pushes her into situations/conversations to try and make her seem "cooler" because thinking ahead they want to market her as the sexpot with the great voice. And her being herself - aka the queen of Geek Central - wouldn''t really work for that image.

For me - she looked genuinely upset the whole episode. I think she really really thought she was going to be in the bottom two - then got happy when she wasn''t - then felt bad about being happy and also realized that she was probably getting booted next week or the week after at the latest. To me - she looked like she was about to puke the whole show and I actually felt a tiny tiny smidgen of pity for her. And maybe it''s just me being silly - but that''s my story and I''m sticking to it!
9.gif

That being said - I still want Elliott to kick her arse next week!!
31.gif
31.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 9:02:42 AM
Author: Cailet
And now for my shocker statement - I LIKE KAT. There I said it.
Yes - I think she definitely is a bit cocky about her singing - but come on, her mom''s a vocal coach so you know she''s been hearing it her whole life. So I can forgive her that at least a little bit.
But I think that a lot of what everyone is reading as contrived/fake is this: Kat is a big, huge dork. You know she was in choirs/vocal performance groups probably her whole dang life and choir geeks can get a little crazy (been there done that). She''s the kind of girl that snorts instead of laughs and wouldn''t be able to dress herself in something fashionable to save her life. I think the show pushes her into situations/conversations to try and make her seem ''cooler'' because thinking ahead they want to market her as the sexpot with the great voice. And her being herself - aka the queen of Geek Central - wouldn''t really work for that image.
I''ll entertain the thought.
2.gif
But - for me it''s not her "cockyness" - it''s more about her *seemingly* total lack of humility.

I did feel sorry for Paris. I think her downfall all along was her age. She just can only be so "BIG". I hope to see her in the future.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I agree with above posters, Paris is going to be great! She''s just too young.

I actually like everyone who is left. Elliot, Chris, Taylor and Kat... are ALL very talented and so different. I think they will all come out okay after this show ends.

Last weekend, I heard some icky stuff, about a couple of the contestants, from a close friend who knows one of AI''s producers. She did see Taylor recently, and said he''s a sweeeeeeetheart.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Quote "Last weekend I heard some icky stuff about some of the contestants."

KittenKat, you can't just dangle the catnip girl. Spill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Arg, I hate to say anything... I trust my friend - but still. Who really knows?

She said; Taylor is GREAT. Paris is sweet, as well. Elliot is a total doll. Chris, well, she had nothing nice to say about him. He's already got the ego of a rockstar, is just arrogant. (Which makes me sad.) She was bummed about that - since she loves him too.

She met Bucky and his wife, and said they were a bit odd. Bucky didn't talk much. (Maybe he's a bit shy?) His wife seemed jealous of the attention her hubby was getting. And she made many rude comments about LA. My friend did love Bucky's brother though! She said he was great.

Kat... I forgot to ask about!

And unless you're a celeb, forget about getting AI tickets at this point. Impossible. (Yeah, I tried!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 1:03:42 PM
Author: KittenKat
She did see Taylor recently, and said he''s a sweeeeeeetheart.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, you''re my girl. I puffy heart Taylor too!!!!! I would love it if he won. I mean, they''re all really good, but I''d just love it if Taylor won. He was seriously hot singing that Beatles song....yummmmmm!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
That''s sad about Chris. A while back, our newspaper reported that he was voted most popular on the set. He strikes me as the moody serious type - kinda adds to the sexiness.
6.gif

It''s nice to hear about Elliott. He grew up in the town I live in. Nobody has had a bad word to say about him. The best word I heard to describe him was "impish".

From the show, Taylor does seem like the guy I''d most want to hang out with. But, still not feelin the love for an "American Idol". He does have great happy eyes. I read a blurb that he was very upset when someone asked him if he had been drinking. Supposedly, he had relatives with substance problems and b/c of that rarely drinks. He''s entertaining enough without it.

DecoD - maybe I''m feelin the love for Taylor more.
6.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Can I join the Elliott fan club?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 7:04:37 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Can I join the Elliott fan club?
Sure, but you would have to vote for him!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif
9.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not surprised one bit about Chris. I totally get that vibe more and more every week from here. Sorry Bald Eagle luvrs!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Elliott, Elliott!

IMO, it's now down to the two entertainers (Chris, Taylor) and the two vocalists (Elliott, Katherine). If this was America's Best Vocalist and not American Idol, Katherine should win.

Sometimes while driving to work, I turn on Sirius Hits and so much of what I hear is Chris-type music (Fuel, Nickleback) which I hate. I'd much rather hear a beautiful voice than listen to an average voice with sex appeal (or the ability to dance), but I doubt I'm in the majority. That being said, because I'm not in the majority, I have no idea where it'll go from here.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 4:45:36 PM
Author: fire&ice
6.gif

9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 8:22:25 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 5/4/2006 4:45:36 PM
6.gif

9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
My husband just got home from a trip, and was glad "our" guy didn''t get voted off! That would be Taylor...even though he noticed that Chris is my screensaver and he''s questioning my loyalty...to Taylor and to him! Bwahahahaha...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to say I can't be a Chris fan any longer. I'm stepping forward to admit that I am a height snob.
emembarrassed.gif
I have noticed all season that Chris is around the same height and sometimes seems an inch or two shorter than Ryan Seacrest when he does his phone #/interview thing right after he sings. Last night I did a search on Ryan's height and came up with a rough estimate of 5'8" (I found stats anywhere from 5'7 to 5'9). I know, I am a mean, small (spirited) person, but I had to get this off my chest. Thankfully I am wearing my pie-proof vest and helmet tonight...

BTW, I have been a member of the Soul Patrol since I saw my grey-haired wonder in the audition rounds.
9.gif

ETA: "Soul Patrollllll! Hey!"
31.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I admit - I am soooo a height snob also. I''ve noticed that Chris is on the short side. I still think he is HOT though.

I''d be dissapointed if Chris is really arrogant, etc or if it''s just rumor. I''m hearing more and more of it. Ebree posted something along the lines that he and Ace were high maintenance crabs. But, around the same time my paper published that he was the most popular on the set. I don''t know who to believe. What bothered me most recently is Paris''s good bye interviews - she mentions Taylor and Elliott as surrogate big brothers and sweeties. She said she really likes Kat. The biggest stand out was the complete ommission of ANYTHING about Chris.

I do know for sure - while maybe not the brighted bulb in the box - Elliott is a sweetie pie. Not Kiwi. Not Lime. Apple pie!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Sometimes the "jaded" guy cracks me up on the AI website

Hello, Elliott. Hello, Kathy. How''s that hook feel? Pinch a little? It can''t feel too great, because Katharine looks absolutely despondent right now. She looks like she''s 8, and her mom just came into the living room and found a big red blotch on the carpet. And there''s Katharine, hiding in the corner, looking at the floor, holding a bucket of red paint and mumbling, "I''m sorry, Mommy." But enough about her, because Elliott is in the bottom two.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Did any one catch Paris on Ellen? She handled herself like a pro & dress w/ appropriate for her age. She was in a dressy velvety "Juicy" type hoodie & pants - looked really cute on her. Where has that stylist been all along?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 6:22:18 PM
Did any one catch Paris on Ellen? She handled herself like a pro & dress w/ appropriate for her age. She was in a dressy velvety ''Juicy'' type hoodie & pants - looked really cute on her. Where has that stylist been all along?
I did!! I was very impressed. Too bad her stylist didn''t do that for her before. Plus her voice was great.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Raise your (virtual) hand if you are nervous about tonight/tomorrow night!

I Love Taylor, Elliot and even Chris (despite recent attitude comments -- unfortunately that cockiness adds to his hot factor) -- it''s Katharine''s week to go "bye-bye" -- someone SAVE ELLIOT!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Taylor, but I''d rather him go than Elliot when the time comes. Still I will be sick if Kat stays...

jen
14.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''m a little nervous too. I pray Katherine goes this week.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results