shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Idol Blog n Brownies 5/2/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your Elliott votes! We were able to get through to vote about 5 times for Elliott - it wasn''t as busy as last time. Most of the votes that got through were immediately following the show & close to 10:00 our time. We had less problem getting through for Chris - not sure what that means.

Ducking pies here - but Taylor has got to go. He may do very well on Broadway; but, his performance was worst than the "Wedding Singer". He''s white - but he isn''t close to being Funky in a good way. Again, I''m confused - Is Something back on the top billboard? Is this guy in a time warp or what?

Yeah, Chris could sing me the ABC''s & I''d be entertained. His voice is hypnotic to me - kinda like the lead singer for Hootie & the Blowfish. As I''ve said before, this is American Idol & not America''s Best Singer.

Kat - I can not get beyond her total lack of humility. She could have the most trained beautiful voice & I just plain don''t want to hear it. Also, I can''t quite put my finger on why (well, maybe the strip tease hinted to it); but, she lacks class & a natural grace.

Paris - little girl phone home. She''s sweet. She can sing ....but.

I fear for Elliott. I hope he doesn''t go home. I''d like to see Paris pack her bags.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 2:27:23 AM
Author: tawn
Kiss is a Tom Jones song, although Prince does do it better!
Whoa! I''m a "Prince-head" too and Kiss is a Prince song that Tom Jones does worse
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 11:47:34 AM
Author: Starset

Whoa! I''m a ''Prince-head'' too and Kiss is a Prince song that Tom Jones does worse
3.gif

starset is correct. Prince song..tom jones re-made
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well i kept dialing til 11 and literally i was only able to get through a total of about 6x for elliott in a 1+ hour timeframe. totally odd!! i mean it was a busy signal every time. kind of makes you go hmm? i'm a little worried.

i tried chris as well and i was able to get through 3x for him in a 20 minute timeframe, so his line seemed more open than elliotts. but i didn't try for very long because i was bugged that i couldn't get through for elliott and wanted to keep trying.

did anyone else here on the WC have problems voting for elliott? i am feeling a little conspiracy theory. if he goes home tonite i will be peeved because it wasn't for lack of trying!

i puffy heart you elliott!!

as for the others, taylor sucked on the first song, i am so over his cheeseball wedding singer attitude, i can't even muster up an 'oh he was okay' this week, he just has to go. unfortunately he's turning into mace for me...torture and i doubt he will go as he has a fan base so i just gotta keep on suffering. his second song was better but i just am OVER YOU taylor. you are like a bad penny.

paris sounded good on both songs, but im just bored with her. she's meh. she did at least look cuter in the first song, but not the second. and that baby voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

katherine just bugs me...what was up with the whole 'im on the floor' thing for the 2nd song? was that supposed to be cool or something. well, it failed. i wish she'd go but i doubt she will. she's getting the smokey eye thing down.

chris did excellently on the first song but i wasn't feeling the second song. it's okay though because he and elliott are still my AI boyfriends and i hope that they both are safe tonite. we shall see.

for our office pool i said PARIS was leaving tonite. i just hope its not E.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 1:20:50 PM
Author: Mara

did anyone else here on the WC have problems voting for elliott? i am feeling a little conspiracy theory. if he goes home tonite i will be peeved because it wasn''t for lack of trying!

i puffy heart you elliott!!

as for the others, taylor sucked on the first song, i am so over his cheeseball wedding singer attitude, i can''t even muster up an ''oh he was okay'' this week, he just has to go. unfortunately he''s turning into mace for me...torture and i doubt he will go as he has a fan base so i just gotta keep on suffering. his second song was better but i just am OVER YOU taylor. you are like a bad penny.
That''s what our local Richmond paper has been claiming. They can''t rig the number of calls - but they can channel certain idols.

I''m glad I''m not getting a pie in the face from you regarding Taylor. I would like to see Taylor join the Capital Steps. He does good comedic singing & dancing. Idol, no he is not.
39.gif

Elliott is almost an anti-Idol. But, I still puffy heart him anyway!

Oh, and FWIW, dialidol has Paris going home or Katherine going home. DecoD will be happy that they report Taylor is the only #1

1 - taylor
2-4 Chris
2-4 Elliott
2-5 Kat
4-5 Paris

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 1:34:08 PM
Author: fire&ice
DecoD will be happy that they report Taylor is the only #1

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

(get used to it HATERS!!!)
2.gif
11.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how the mighty will FALL....that means YOU....KIWI LOVER!
11.gif
12.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I was just reading an article on msnbc.com (yep, really busy at work today!)...and thought these two parts were funny:

On Taylor: Hicks took one of the biggest risks of the competition by playing it safe. He''s always walked the fine line between star and lounge act, and singing "Play That Funky Music" was way, way, way into the latter category. In fact, it was like a spoof of a lounge singer — see the funky white boy sing the song about the funky white boy! That''s a "Saturday Night Live" sketch waiting to happen. I can''t wait for SNL this weekend!...I like Taylor, but love the SNL sketches!

On Elliot: His second song was "Home" by Michael Buble which, in addition to being one of the dullest songs in the history of mankind, forced him to sing the lyrics "I want to go home" several dozen times. If Yamin were on "The Sopranos," Dr. Melfi would say that he was expressing a subconscious desire to be voted off the show. But since this is a reality show, the judges just gave him his usual compliments and sent him on his merry way. Dr Melfi...hahaha

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 11:47:34 AM
Author: Starset

Whoa! I''m a ''Prince-head'' too and Kiss is a Prince song that Tom Jones does worse
3.gif
It''s my Mom''s fault..she told me! Well, which in turn makes it my fault for not checking it out! Sorry!
15.gif

She loves Tom Jones and I love Prince! Purple rain..purple rain!

His new CD got rave reviews in one of the gossip mags, anyone buy it yet?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Don''t you think it''s cheating a little to vote multipe times for a person? Of course last night I figured that since they did two songs I could vote for each song.
31.gif

Oh well, I guess then Mara just canceled out my not voting for Elliot!
9.gif
12.gif

I totally puffy heart Chris and Taylor!
5.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 3:47:57 PM
Author: IndieJones
Don''t you think it''s cheating a little to vote multipe times for a person? Of course last night I figured that since they did two songs I could vote for each song.
31.gif

The teenyboppers vote tons of times i''m sure, so we can vote for as long as we have the patience to sit and dial
2.gif
. I do sometimes wish there were a max number of votes per phoneline or something, like dancing with the stars. then I could max out my number and feel good that i''d done my part. I could never call and call and call like the kids do.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey i'm not a kid mrs salvo!!
5.gif

i don't think of it as cheating if the network allows it, it's like they want you to sit there and vote repeatedly since then you are continuously engaged with their TV show.

but yeah i do think that it should be something like 5 votes for each household or something like DWTS does, or allow email votes aka 1 per email like DWTS so that you get a better idea of what the general public is feeling, not just people who vote repeatedly.

but as last nite shows even though i was sitting there for 1.5 hours dialing repeatedly, i could only get through a handful of times for elliott! so it's not even a necessarily effective way to 'cheat' i guess!

the way i think of it is that if i didn't at least TRY to get through for elliott the whole time, i'd be so bummed if he got voted off and i felt like i could have done something positive to help. not like with 47m votes, my 5 or 10 or 20 make a difference but it's a mental thing i guess!

last week i was able to vote like 30-40x for chris and elliott. so this week was a total bust for me!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
For those of you who could not get through on Elliott''s line I think I voted a few for you. I bet I got through about 30-40 times for him. I was getting worried about being able to get through so many times. I hardly ever got a busy signal or busy circuits recording for him. I noticed that they''ve gone to the contestants voices on the numbers now, nice touch.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know PC i am glad they did that because i was always just a little worried when it said ''thanks for voting for contestant 3'' or whatever because i was always like ''did i get the right person?!''.

totally odd that the EC lines were more open than WC for sure. i feel all conspiracy theorist.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 4:40:14 PM
Author: pearcrazy
For those of you who could not get through on Elliott''s line I think I voted a few for you. I bet I got through about 30-40 times for him. I was getting worried about being able to get through so many times. I hardly ever got a busy signal or busy circuits recording for him. I noticed that they''ve gone to the contestants voices on the numbers now, nice touch.
Yeah, it was a nice touch. I loved hearing Chris''s sexy voice & Elliott''s chipper sweet voice.
9.gif

I wonder if NC''s not behind Elliott b/c of Bucky, Kellie & Chris. Last week, I could''t get a single vote to go in VA. Hubby was at our NC house & was able to vote about 20x with not much problem. Though, I don''t know.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
**** NEWSFLASH ****
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

VOTE FOR THE WORST has decided to support TAYLOR HICKS (but not because he's "the worst"-- so don't get any wise ideas, Eagle-Luvrs)

In their words:

"We're now throwing our support behind Taylor Hicks because he would be a marketing nightmare for the powers that be, he's wildly entertaining, and it's obvious that Simon doesn't want him to win. So, go on, embrace the cheesiness of American Idol and help us Vote For the Worst!"

11.gif
My evil plan is coming together ... MWHAhahahahahahahah
11.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 5:30:00 PM
Author: decodelighted
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
**** NEWSFLASH ****
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

VOTE FOR THE WORST has decided to support TAYLOR HICKS (but not because he''s ''the worst''-- so don''t get any wise ideas, Eagle-Luvrs)

In their words:

''We''re now throwing our support behind Taylor Hicks because he would be a marketing nightmare for the powers that be, he''s wildly entertaining, and it''s obvious that Simon doesn''t want him to win. So, go on, embrace the cheesiness of American Idol and help us Vote For the Worst!''

11.gif
11.gif
Yeah, I saw that just didn''t have the heart to tell you about it; but hey - maybe you''ll take the votes where you can get them
2.gif
. Though it didn''t do much for Ms. Pickler.
2.gif

I never said he wasn''t wildly entertaining. He embraces the cheesiness!
11.gif

Honestly, I think he would make a great comic singer/actor. He''s very likeable & I see most of his act as physical comedy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehhe yep he''s definitely a cheesy marketing nightmare... i can agree there!! *ducks the kiwi pie*

laugh while you can, kiwi girl.
11.gif
OUR TIME WILL COME!!!!!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 5:30:00 PM
Author: decodelighted
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
**** NEWSFLASH ****
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

VOTE FOR THE WORST has decided to support TAYLOR HICKS (but not because he''s ''the worst''-- so don''t get any wise ideas, Eagle-Luvrs)

In their words:

''We''re now throwing our support behind Taylor Hicks because he would be a marketing nightmare for the powers that be, he''s wildly entertaining, and it''s obvious that Simon doesn''t want him to win. So, go on, embrace the cheesiness of American Idol and help us Vote For the Worst!''

11.gif
11.gif
He''s the reason that I''ve actually watched the season, we were impressed to see someone out of the cookie cutter mold make it through the audition! I thoroughly enjoy his unique crazyassness!

And Chris...all I can say is yayayummy!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
*********** spoiler alert!!!! *****************

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! My voting paid off!!!! Chris and Taylor are safe!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Why does Katherine look like she''s about to give birth?? she keeps breathing like this is the end of the world and she still doesn''t even know if she''s in the bottom two!...

I hope it''s her and not Elliot!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
maybe is this stupid cold I have that I can''t think straight...

But the goodbye video made me cry...eventhough I wanted her to go ...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
...at least I had the kleenex box handy!

One thing is clear to me now though (and this is not the flue medicine talking)...I don''t like Katherine!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The video was kind of sad, but I''m glad to see her go. Katherine will be next!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those video''s always get to me..even chicken little''s made me a little sad
40.gif

I was so happy that America got it right again. I can''t wait for next week and who''d have thought 3 of the last 4 would be guys
36.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I had to yell at my t.v. (expletives!) when Ryan announced Elliot was in the bottom 2. That ticked me off and Kat looked really relieved (which I hated too!) Paris'' video made me realize how much I liked her in the beginning -- it''s tough to remember sometimes just how talented they *all* are!

Anyway, I was happy Paris went home, but I''m really worried for Elliot....

jen

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m worried about Elliott too. I will do my best to get through next week. He can''t go!!!
39.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 9:36:35 PM
Author: Mandarine
maybe is this stupid cold I have that I can''t think straight...

But the goodbye video made me cry...eventhough I wanted her to go ...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
...at least I had the kleenex box handy!

One thing is clear to me now though (and this is not the flue medicine talking)...I don''t like Katherine!
I felt bad too...and I wanted her to go home!

Next week, I''m voting for Elliott (of course he''ll do well, so I feel confident saying that in advance!) becase Katherine should be the next in line to go home!

I won''t feel bad when Katherine (Miss Contrived) goes home though!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wooo hooo!!! I''ve been doing stuff all evening for the trip, but i watched AI on TiVo while doing a bit of work and was SOOO HAPPY to see Elliott still in it!!!!!!!

I am kind of freaked out about next week though....I hope it''s Kat and not him but I don''t know....

And it kind of upset me that I tried for 1+ hours to vote for E and I could not get through. So obviously if he was in the bottom 2 then what happened?????? Why was I able to get through more for Chris than Elliott and E was in the bottom two?? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!!

At least E is in the final 4 which I am happy about. I''d love to see him go final 3 but we''ll see.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I watched it late, and called near the end, and got through a bunch of times really quick on Chris and Taylor''s lines! I promise to dial like mad for Elliott next week!

I''m thinking phone company conspiracy?

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Did you notice the faux-"Im-so-shocked-that-you-and-not-i-is-in-the-bottom-two-Elliott" look on Kat''s face" It was so, as another PS''er so aptly put it, contrived. I have not voted in the last few weeks *ducks kiwi and lemon pies* ... I WILL be voting for Elliott next week. Over and Over and Over and Over like a teenie bopper.

RE: Elliott and bottom 2. I didn''t try from my house here in KS. BUT I do find it funny that he was in the bottom 2 and that you couldn''t get through at all, but that you could get through to the top 1 and 2.

And.. I hate to say this... I really really really do because I don''t feel she deserves it because she''s a snot...but Katharine is the only one that is super-ultra-marketable. She''s the only puppet doll they have up there. So if it is a "conspiracy" we have to expect to see her t''il the end. At least she isn''t a bad singer.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
No big surprise on Paris leaving last night...She''ll be great someday though.

Forloveofdiamonds--I agree. If I were Simon, I''d be hoping KAT wins because she is the most marketable. Elliot & Taylor don''t fit the pop image enough and will be a tough sell. I think Chris would be difficult because he doesn''t need the AI "machine" and knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results