shape
carat
color
clarity

Listerine & Vinegar Foot Bath - I Tried It!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And worked for me!

Someone shared this on fb the other day.

Listerine: the BEST way to get your feet ready for summer.
Sounds crazy but it works!
Mix 1/4c Listerine (any kind but I like the blue), 1/4c vinegar and 1/2c of warm water.
Soak feet for 10 minutes and when you take them out the dead skin will practically wipe off!

A quick google query showed mostly positive reviews so I decided to give it a try. I figured that if it didn't work, at most I'd be out a few dollars for the Listerine... and stuck with the stuff...

When did they change the shape of the Listerine Bottle? And add so many color choices? Have I mentioned that I don't normally use this stuff? Anyhow, I ended up getting the cheaper Target version - Same Active Ingredients as Listerine! - of the familiar amber liquid.

Went home, soaked my feet on the back patio while leafing through the latest "Threads" magazine, with a nail brush and foot file at hand.

I'm sorry to report that the dead skin did not "practically wipe off." But it did come off very easily with just the slightest encouragement from the foot file and nail brush. I was especially glad to see the dead cuticle around my toenails gone, because that's what normally forces me to go in for a pedicure.

My verdict? It's worth keeping a bottle of Listerine around for.

:D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew!
I thought you gargled with it. :-o

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
white vinegar or apple cider vinegar? or would it even matter!?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1372615891|3474832 said:
white vinegar or apple cider vinegar? or would it even matter!?

I used white vinegar vinegar because the apple cider I use is the good (read more expensive) stuff. They're both 5% acid, so I imagine you could use either.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, VR!
I'm out in the garden a lot and despite using a pumice bar and a good salt/sugar/oil scrub, I think I could use the extra soaking help! makes sense that it would be the white as it is used for cleaning....... and the cider vinegar is usually for cooking.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1372614991|3474822 said:
Whew!
I thought you gargled with it. :-o

Actually, I threw the mixture out when I was done with it. I can recycle with the best of them, but... :errrr:

:wink2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the trial and review. I'll have to give this a whirl. I wear flips and Chacos all summer and my feet dry out easily. My techniques are typically to slather my feet with a good, thick lotion and wear socks to bed, then use a pumice stone to slough off dead skin in my morning shower, OR to garden barefoot, get my feet wet and muddy and then scrape them over the patio! Your technique sounds much more comfortable. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results