shape
carat
color
clarity

Lindsey Lohan stolen necklace

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone think the price of this necklace is robbery? It started out being reported as $1200. Now it is reported as
priced at $2500. The pictures show it with the clasp in the front, but it looks like a plain chain. I realize the price of gold is
soaring, but $2500? Seriously ridiculous. I think you could buy a chain like that, (it looks like a singapore) for less than $150.

Lindsay has some serious problems but every time I hear them talk about it the price makes me mad.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe she got the "celebrity discount". :D

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything to keep your name in the news...... :rolleyes:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yeah.... Perhaps they just price gouge in LA because they know celebs can afford it? IDK, but I surely wouldn't pay that much for such a necklace.

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Tuckins1|1297360976|2848568 said:
Yeah.... Perhaps they just price gouge in LA because they know celebs can afford it? IDK, but I surely wouldn't pay that much for such a necklace.

Lindsay didn't think so either! :lol:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's unbelievable the amount of press this whole thing is getting. TMZ has pages and pages of talk of the necklace and the slutty white dress she wore to court. It's all over google, etc. WHY?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1297358652|2848538 said:
Does anyone think the price of this necklace is robbery? It started out being reported as $1200. Now it is reported as
priced at $2500. The pictures show it with the clasp in the front, but it looks like a plain chain. I realize the price of gold is
soaring, but $2500? Seriously ridiculous. I think you could buy a chain like that, (it looks like a singapore) for less than $150.

Lindsay has some serious problems but every time I hear them talk about it the price makes me mad.

I think the issue here may be with wholesale vs. retail price being reported. Regardless of how justified you feel the price is, this girl walked out of a jewelry store with their merchandise - NOT good.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
But she looked amazing in court today... maybe not the best outfit to wear in court but it was amazing.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in no way condoning the theft of the necklace!!! I hope it wasn't intentional but I have my doubts. Lindsay just makes me
feel sad. So many things going for her yet so wracked by addiction. No one in her life to exercise some tough love...

Mostly, I thought, wow, talk about overpriced! You know your a PS-er when you see a story like that and all you can think of is-
man, is that overpriced! But your right maybe that is why she 'stole' it. (If that turns out to be true!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a good you know you are a PS'er when.... Totally agree, looks like a cheapo chain you could buy at any Maul. I know gold has gone up and all, but $2500 for this?? Crazy.

Yes it's terrible about her sticky fingers. :nono:

The outfit?? Ummmm, does she take anything seriously?? It looks like she thinks she is above the law, etc....

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
The article I read said it was a yellow diamond necklace?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1297358652|2848538 said:

It's an 18k yellow gold necklace with yellow diamonds on it, hence the higher price tag.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who can we get to post a photo of it? Dang, now I really want to see it! My faith is restored in Lindsey's taste in jewelry, that's
something at least.

If anyone sees a good picture, would you post it please?!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Glitz|1297362376|2848589 said:
Tuckins1|1297360976|2848568 said:

Lindsay didn't think so either! :lol:

Double lol! :lol:

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
This is the best photo I could find, I was also very interested too see what Miss. Lohans stolen necklace looked like. I wish we could see more detail though. In another picture there was an arrow pointing to just the small chain above the larger necklace, but there is NO WAY that could be the $2500 necklace.

llohan012711_01.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if this pic is any better. I GAWPED when I saw it after hearing what the price was. Hard to tell but I sure don't see any yellow diamonds -- if there, they're miniscule. The article with this photo said it is a one of a kind piece made by a Cal. jewelry maker. Prestige pricing, is all I can think -- and a storekeeper's faith there's a sucker born every minute. But that girl needs help -- doesn't seem to want to accept any, though. Too bad.

--- Laurie

Lohanneckl..jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the picture I saw too. It looks like the clasp is in the front and I sure as heck can't see any diamonds.

It really doesn't look worth the price, but then not a lot of 'name' brand jewelry does.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Did she really steal it or did she walk out and forgot about it?

Sometimes that does happen. Also maybe she was under the influence - so she wasn't thinking clearly?
It is really strange because she did have $6000 in cash with her to purchase something.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I kinda get the feeling the jewelry store inflated the price so they could maybe get more money from insurance? Or they were looking to stick her with a grand theft as opposed to petty theft.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1297400512|2849089 said:
I kinda get the feeling the jewelry store inflated the price so they could maybe get more money from insurance? Or they were looking to stick her with a grand theft as opposed to petty theft.

These types of pieces are inventoried and it is easy to track pricing - I am sure you can buy the same necklace from the company if you called and ordered one. That would be a huge mistake on their part to do something like that - highly doubtful.

Check them out:
http://kamofie.com/

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1297367371|2848676 said:
But she looked amazing in court today... maybe not the best outfit to wear in court but it was amazing.

LOL.

She'll save her extraordinary looks if she stays off the crack. Otherwise, she's going to ruin her body. Her addiction problem, so sad. I feel like those around her must be enabling her, not have her best interests at heart, etc.

The necklace she allegedly stole- well, it's a big deal because it's a felony charge.

I read (don't remember where, so don't quote me) that the shop owner originally said that it was put in her purse. Later, the video showed her walking out with it. She claims they let her borrow it and her stylist should have returned it. I hope she has a good lawyer because I'd hate to see her go to jail for years if she didn't intend to steal the necklace. Of course, I don't know whether she did or not.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I heard on the radio that the store gave it to her to wear, she walked out of the store with it in plain view, was photographed wearing it and now the store is saying she stole it for more publicity.

To me, there seems to be more to this story than her stealing it Winona Ryder style.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1297419298|2849147 said:
I heard on the radio that the store gave it to her to wear, she walked out of the store with it in plain view, was photographed wearing it and now the store is saying she stole it for more publicity.

To me, there seems to be more to this story than her stealing it Winona Ryder style.

Agreed! How many people will be willing to pay 2500 for a necklace that looks like the one she stole... a lot.

Danny- I agree, she needs better handlers, but she's almost back to her Mean Girls look and IMO that's when she looked her best. Hopefully she doesn't do what my brother did in rehab- gain 100 pounds :shock:

Do you think the stars 50 years ago would be as beloved as they are now had there been as much instant media? Would our perception of Audrey Hepburn change?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1297420818|2849150 said:
Do you think the stars 50 years ago would be as beloved as they are now had there been as much instant media? Would our perception of Audrey Hepburn change?

Hard to think much, Davi -- AH wasn't loaded on something all the time & didn't get in wrangles w/jewelers about gift-or-theft. Some of the old stars were naughty - e.g. Erroll Flynn - but even then, people knew it. With the kind of press coverage of today, though, nobody's rep is spotless: if they didn't do it, reporters will make it up anyhow.

It must be extremely tough when success comes while you're too young to have figured out who you are at base -- that requires a fair amount of living & facing difficulties. Huge pressures these days too -- to exceed your last record sales or box office, to pay for the entourage, blah blah. Studios handled much of that before. The fact that celebs have "handlers" tells you something -- they used to have assistants or secretaries to whom they were the boss, rather than sycophants who keep them happy (at any cost) to further their own careers & pocketbooks. Fame never was a tea party but it's become carniverous now. Maybe time in the slammer would give LL the need to do some growing up.

--- Laurie

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1297426364|2849162 said:
[q Maybe time in the slammer would give LL the need to do some growing up.

--- Laurie
There was an article a few years back that said that some actor (I forget who) wouldn't date Lyndsey b/c she doesn't have enough money! It said something about her only having 6 or so million (at that time, obviously). I just googled and some say she is broke. Maybe she did have $6K in her purse, but maybe it was to be paid for part of her legal fees?! lol

I bet all the drugs and partying have caught up with her. She's broke, desperate, addicted, on probation...etc. Not good.

I agree about the slammer. Stick her in there and have her write a book or something and make a bit of $ on the side. lol

Kay

Ideal_Rock
There's something fishy here. In my experience, when looking at jewelry at this price point, you have to ask a sales associate to take the piece out of a locked case so you can try it on. They watch you try it on, then you either hand back the necklace or hand over your credit card. I don't know how she could have walked out with the necklace around her neck if someone at the store did not allow her to do so. If the store was not loaning her the piece and she had not paid for it, why didn't a sales person or security guard stop her before she left the store?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Davi, it's hard to say. It's certainly easy to say that Hollywood kept control of stars' images by arranging publicity and even marriages, so it was definitely on their minds, even then.

But the other thing is, I think, the medium of film is so different today. I just read that Elizabeth Taylor was hospitalized for congestive heart failure. Plenty of people say that there's no one like her today, I agree, but it wasn't only actors, it was directors, scripts, technology, audience's expectations, etc.

Child stars often have troubled lives. I think this is a part of Lindsey Lohan's troubles, somehow. I only hope that if she didn't steal it that she isn't convicted of it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1297460581|2849596 said:
There's something fishy here. In my experience, when looking at jewelry at this price point, you have to ask a sales associate to take the piece out of a locked case so you can try it on. They watch you try it on, then you either hand back the necklace or hand over your credit card. I don't know how she could have walked out with the necklace around her neck if someone at the store did not allow her to do so. If the store was not loaning her the piece and she had not paid for it, why didn't a sales person or security guard stop her before she left the store?

Good point, Kay, hadn't thought of that, but you're right. I can picture the clerk being blown away by having LL in the store & forgetting -- or foregoing -- the rules. As in, "Oh, let me try this on in front of a mirror....and hey, can I see those 2 pieces?" Clerk pulls a few things out & doesn't keep count of what's where....especially the one on LL's neck. I did that once at Tiffany's; my good luck the customer didn't try to mosey out with any of them...was horrified at myself & what it could have cost me. It's easy not to remember how many or which items you took out of the case, when you're dazzled by your customer, until later. Security guards, if they had any, are good mainly for closing the doors if there's a stickup -- they don't usually catch who's trying on what.

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Interesting, Athenaworth. I don't believe there are diamonds on that thing either, unless it's melee. It's just too thin. Almost NINE CTS of them? Tell me another one!

I don't give a hoot what happens to that silly girl. But I dislike dishonesty -- on the store's part or hers.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results