carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

DS Absolutely none of my local friends would know VCA from QVC - and absolutely none would care :bigsmile: I have to say though, much as I love the clover Perlee (and oh my goodness I do!!) if I happened to have a spare $30k lying around I'd be heading straight for the MOP Cosmos earrings. To me the clover Perlee is... maybe it's what Laila and Jambalaya were talking about in the other thread: a boatload of money for not (IMO) a commensurate difference in look. Now if the RG perlee had pink diamonds and the YG had yellow diamonds... :Up_to_something:

I know what you mean re. concerns about damaging the stones :(sad and I know myself, and the RDG is proof: if I'm worried about damaging something I'll never wear it! I fell in love with malachite - the colour, oh my goodness, the *colour* - but the thought of not being able to leave it in water, etc. is just too much for me! That said... actually, I went to see the chalcedony and discovered that the pale translucent blue doesn't work on my skin at all, but I think it would be beautiful with your colouring! ::)

I want a sweet Trinity bracelet too. How unsurprising :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS Absolutely none of my local friends would know VCA from QVC - and absolutely none would care :bigsmile: I have to say though, much as I love the clover Perlee (and oh my goodness I do!!) if I happened to have a spare $30k lying around I'd be heading straight for the MOP Cosmos earrings. To me the clover Perlee is... maybe it's what Laila and Jambalaya were talking about in the other thread: a boatload of money for not (IMO) a commensurate difference in look. Now if the RG perlee had pink diamonds and the YG had yellow diamonds... :Up_to_something:

I know what you mean re. concerns about damaging the stones :(sad and I know myself, and the RDG is proof: if I'm worried about damaging something I'll never wear it! I fell in love with malachite - the colour, oh my goodness, the *colour* - but the thought of not being able to leave it in water, etc. is just too much for me! That said... actually, I went to see the chalcedony and discovered that the pale translucent blue doesn't work on my skin at all, but I think it would be beautiful with your colouring! ::)

I want a sweet Trinity bracelet too. How unsurprising :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My beloved Cartier Trinity bracelet :love: I contemplated selling it for a few weeks and even listed it, and sent it to the NYC Cartier workshop for servicing... and by the time they emailed to tell me it was ready three weeks later I couldn't believe I'd seriously contemplated letting it go :bigsmile:

It's the smallest size available but still too big for my wrists, so I wear it stacked with my WF eternity bangle. LLJ I think we probably have similarly-sized wrists - I always wind up needing extra small bangles too...

img_4939_copy_8_smallsized42_0.png

cartier_5_img_2951_0.png

cartier_3_img_2923_0.png

cartier_6_img_2424_copy_0.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Carrera y Carrera earrings I got a couple of years ago on a bit of a whim. I know some Carrera designs can be... a bit out there?... but I think Carrera can be fantastic value for money - branded, beautifully crafted, reasonably-priced artwork :))

carreraycarrera_1_img_1082_444.png

carreraycarrera_2_img_1082_444_0.png

carreraycarrera_2a_img_na_44.png

carreraycarrera_5_img_1757.png

carreraycarrera_6b_img_1414_44.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And my small VCA collection. I join the masses in wishing VCA had more Vintage/Magic grey MOP pieces! I would love to also get the beauties Kama chose one day - the onyx five motif and small YG Frivole earrings :love:

vca_earrings1.png

vca_earrings2.png

vca_earrings5.png

A better pic for size. These things are gorgeous but at 7g each they're heavy! I can't wear them without Lobe Wonders - or, in my case, clear bandaids from my emergency stash cut up and taped to the back of my ears :bigsmile:

vca_earrings3.png

And three MOP sweets - I love these stacked! The heart is the child size - discontinued now.

vca_1_img_3915.png

vca_3c_img_4719_copy3.png

vca_3_img_4495_copy_9.png

vca_sweets1.png

vca_sweets3.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Office showers Trinity perspective pic :bigsmile: and Alhambra sweet/vintage/magic size comp -

cartiertrinity_1.jpg
img_9148.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lol! I think a lot of us like very similar things! :bigsmile: Yssie, you make me feel better saying that your local friends don't know high end jewelry, either.

I saw some Cosmos pieces and they were exquisite, so I absolutely agree that if money was no object, those would be on my list, too! The black and white was stunning! You are probably right that these are more special designs than my beloved clover bangle (which is priced crazy, I admit). Why do we like such $$$ things??? ;(

The very funny thing to me is that after spending extended time in VCA, suddenly the Cartier things I want seem more reasonable! :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous pieces, Yssie!! :love: Those C y C earrings are fabulous! So beautiful against your dark hair! And you know I love everything else!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

LLJsmom|1434216956|3888796 said:
chemgirl|1434215475|3888790 said:
Any opinions on the Cartier Orchid series? I'm a little in love with the rose gold, pink sapphire necklace, but I'm hesitating.

I have nothing by way of necklace or pendant, so torn between a small diamond bezel pendant, or the Cartier. In theory I would get more wear out of the basic pendant, but I'm drawn to more interesting pieces. Can something like this become a wardrobe staple?

Chemgirl, I have been on the hunt for my one signature, forever necklace, and seriously considered the orchid. It's so beautiful!! One thing has kept me from deciding. My necklace will have to be wearable everyday, be distinctive yet casual. Kwim? the orchid might be a bit dressy for my purposes. But I have certainly tried it on and have not completely ruled it out.

It's very feminine yet not at all fussy. If my dh bought it for me I wouldn't mind!

OK wow, that looks amazing on you! I don't find it too dressy at all.

Now I want the diamond version instead of the pink sapphire! You just cost me another $1000.

Part of me has a hard time wrapping my head around the cost of branded pieces, but the delicacy and workmanship is amazing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

(Had started this earlier and then got totally sidetracked looking at Yssie's beautiful pics!)

I adore the Orchid line, but I just saw the size small earrings in Las Vegas and they were just too small. The larger all diamond ones are going to be much more dressy than the VCA Frivole earrings. I do love the orchid pieces but they really have to be tried on. It is very pretty in the necklace!!!! I think I may go for the Trinity hoops as they are not so dressy but distinctly Cartier.

LLJsmom, I had the WF 1.5 ct hoops made with palladium white gold which is hypo-allergenic. Someone also had told me platinum was heavy for these earrings, and even though I personally don't have a nickel allergy, I thought it was a good idea for whoever had them after me. It did cost a little more to have them made in palladium white gold. I see nothing wrong with completing your classic diamond pieces. That has been my primary focus.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG. This thread is SO MUCH FUN!! (and potentially bank breaking, but that's what PS is all about, right?)

Yssie, wow. Your pieces are SO AMAZING. Those earrings... and the your sweet collection. :lickout: And the carrera earrings...wow. When I looked at them sitting there, I was...meh... And then on you...BAM! I never woulda thought those would look THAT stunning. Goes to show what I know. :lol: Same thing about the trinity bangles. Sitting there...pretty but not I wanna buy it. On, wow. Generally speaking, how do people have an eye for this stuff. Sometimes something has (for me) very little "hanger appeal" (kinda like Marc Jacobs stuff). Once it's on, it's like WOW!! Anyhoo, thanks for sharing and taking such amazing photos. Hmmm...I never thought about the resale value question. I mean, honestly, even when i look on ebay, I wouldn't know if a piece is being sold for a price that is close to the retail value anyway. But, good to know that it is. Maybe I will worry about that aspect less.

And I just realized that if I want to get a piece that I will always remember as something "I got in Paris", it would be a VCA or a Cartier piece first since I'm going this summer. The huggies would therefore have to wait. So now I just want to have a good idea of what I would buy if I was there before I go. I just hope I don't lose my mind and get something that I haven't thought out. Btw, I really appreciate your perspectives on these pieces. I am quite intimidated in that I think they're such grown up pieces, and so far I have only had courage to pull the trigger on this little sweet piece that was designed for children. :lol:

m-2-b said:
LLJsmom|1434234806|3888915 said:
I will tell you that my 1.5ctw WF huggies are worn on a regular basis when I want a little bit more ear bling. Others have said the platinum version was just a little too heavy to wear so just a heads up...

But I do love the Cartier Orchid line, too, and hope to get the medium sized earrings one of these days! It will make a nice addition to my other Cartier pieces. Good luck in your decision! :wavey:

m2b, so good to know that you do wear your huggies regularly. I hadn't thought about the weight issue. My ears will probably be sensitive to that since I'm such a wimp about anything that hangs. DS said she had them made with palladium. I have to look into that.

You like the orchid too? When you get the orchid earrings, you have to post them here. I think they would absolutely look so wonderful on you. The mediums would have so much presence.

diamondseeker2006 said:
(Had started this earlier and then got totally sidetracked looking at Yssie's beautiful pics!)

I adore the Orchid line, but I just saw the size small earrings in Las Vegas and they were just too small. The larger all diamond ones are going to be much more dressy than the VCA Frivole earrings. I do love the orchid pieces but they really have to be tried on. It is very pretty in the necklace!!!! I think I may go for the Trinity hoops as they are not so dressy but distinctly Cartier.

LLJsmom, I had the WF 1.5 ct hoops made with palladium white gold which is hypo-allergenic. Someone also had told me platinum was heavy for these earrings, and even though I personally don't have a nickel allergy, I thought it was a good idea for whoever had them after me. It did cost a little more to have them made in palladium white gold. I see nothing wrong with completing your classic diamond pieces. That has been my primary focus.

Thanks DS. I did (today) just go back and look at your awesome 3 size huggie comparison post. It was so helpful. I guess that huggies can be considered part of a basic collection, yes? I really love my studs, and as lazy as I am, they work great. But there have been a few times where I would have liked a little bit more bling...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, they are definitely basics!

If you are going to Paris, by all means buy a VCA or Cartier piece for a nice momento!!! However, I would see what the price is there compared to here. No idea what the exchange rate is like.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS I'm laughing, I know exactly what you mean! PS is bad for perspective... My DH is still horrified that I can talk about thousand-dollar rocks as "good deals" - but sometimes they truly are!! And I, too, am finding many of Tiffany's and Cartier's lines to be much more reasonably priced after spending some time with VCA!

I have to say that I really didn't mean to imply that the clover Perlee isn't special! It is an extraordinary piece, and I can easily see how so many people fall for it - the contrast between the diamonds and the gold, the iconic clover motif... But, just like everyone else in this thread, I wish the price tag wasn't quite so extraordinary ;( the extra $25k for the addition of the diamond motifs is tough to justify. I write it off as the sort of piece that I'm just Not Meant To Have, and those pieces, well, I'm pretty happy just admiring from afar :halo:

You mentioned Trinity hoops - they'll have to sell hard to share ear-time with your new studs :devil: but the Trinity line is time-tested and instantly recognisable, as you said - even if you buy them and don't love them I can't imagine you'd have any trouble re-selling.

I've been following a VCA lapis 20motif on eBay for several months - it keeps disappearing and reappearing. The poor thing has no idea it has a handful of stalkers :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006|1434244395|3888968 said:

Palladium-WG is a great idea - WF has always warned me off palladium (straight, not Pd-WG) so now I'm leery of it. I'm very cautious about stretching my piercings and wouldn't wasn't everyday earrings to weigh more than a couple of grams each, so eschewing platinum to save weight on a style known to be heavier makes a ton of sense to me! I too prefer hypoallergenic materials for earrings even though I have no allergies...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJ OMG one SA told me that the sweet line was for kids and I think I just blankly gaped at her. Who in his right mind gives a *child* delicate stones like MOP and turquoise on delicate chains that cost quite literally thousands of dollars!? The way I ran around as a kid - these would've been lost up a tree within the day!

Thank you! I know what you mean re. hangar appeal - I'm the PITA customer who *must* try it on and take a dozen pictures from every possible angle, then go home and sleep on it for a week before buying. The craving nearly always passes within the week, so the process works, I guess? :bigsmile: I went to see the chalcedony expecting to love it, as I LOVE the way it looks in pics, but it really didn't work on me IRL at all - the pale translucent grey blue did nothing for my yellow-y skin. Rather the opposite of your experiences with discovering how well you wear pieces that didn't particularly strike you on the display!

Oh, it would be lovely to go to Paris and buy your first piece - what a lovely memory!! And if something unexpected WOWs you... it'll be the same wonderful memory ::) there are several posts on TPF addressing VAT refunds that are likely worth looking into beforehand as well :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

(Mine were 18k wg with palladium alloy. I totally agree that I would not get fine jewelry in palladium.)

I totally understood what you meant about the perlee diamond bracelet! Brightice and I discussed that the price was too far from what the piece was really worth. But a lot of those things would fall in that category. The long single motif Magic black onyx probably has $500 worth of material and it is over $5k!!!! That is soooo hard to justify!!!

Ohhh, lapis in yg! :love: We like a lot of the same things, Yssie! That is actually my 4th color, but since that is not a current stone, I haven't really pursued it. I wear a LOT of black year round and in the summer a lot of turquoise and white, and royal blue year round, I guess. Hot pink is the other color I'd like to bring in with a ring, but I have not had any luck finding that thus far. I'd definitely buy second hand especially if a piece is no longer in stock as long as the papers were there and seller has return policy. I have been looking at lapis and turquoise in other lines, too. Tiffany has some older pieces but nothing that really tempts me yet.

Yssie, one reason I want the Trinity hoops is that it would help tie in yg and rg if I wear a bracelet or necklace with those metals. I normally wear either studs or Roberto Coin woven wg hoops, but I think the Trinity ones would serve another purpose. Yes, I can justify just about anything. :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's difficult! Especially for us PSers - we play in a sandbox called "PriceScope", after all! ::) I think the only way to buy branded pieces and be at peace with those decisions is to embrace the value of the brand without trying to evaluate and assign numeric compensation for the lack of intrinsic value of the materials used... And I think that's an argument that some people have a much easier time making than others. I know that for me... It wasn't until I started reading about the houses and their heritages, and learning about the histories of the lines that I was particularly interested in, that I also started to be able to appreciate the name without mentally calculating materials and labour costs. I also wonder if we in particular are predisposed toward extra sensitivity to - well, let's call it "marketing backlash": I know that when a VCA SA tells me that they use only the highest quality diamonds, DEF & IF/VVS, or tells me that VCA turquoise is completely natural and untreated, I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes and that negative first impression colours everything else I hear (not the lovely Vegas SA!) - we know too much about the raw materials at this point to re-frame our perspectives and priorities to fully match the houses'. Actually, considering that fact, it's quite astounding that these houses have captured out attention the way they have!!

I find that whilst I can justify buying precious and semi-precious stones without worrying too much about intrinsic value I absolutely cannot get on board with non-gemstone/non-pearl and man-made materials. Wood, porcelain... I don't care if it's limited edition, I don't care if it's an historically-significant specialty production, I'm just not interested in paying a massive premium for it.

Yes, continuity is very important, as is consistency, and you simply must tie everything together - and the Trinity line is an excellent way to do so :bigsmile:
(There, I'm helping, see?)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry, another newbie question. I look on ebay and see pieces that are currently sold on the VCA website asking for prices that are very close to the current retail price, even some a little higher. These are not retired or hard to obtain pieces. The below piece is sold on the VCA website at a lower price. Why would anyone pay more than the retail price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Cleef-A...128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a52863368

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en...hambra/vcarf69100-sweet-alhambra-pendant.html

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've wondered that... I figure it's aimed at people who live in countries without VCA boutiques and who don't buy enough to develop personal relationships with international SAs - I could be wrong and it's just a dreadful case of seller delusion though!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have been coveting a piece of Alhambra ever since I first saw the design, which was in the sale of Elizabeth Taylor's jewels in 2011! There is no VCA shop anywhere near me and I must say their website has very few details for such expensive items. They don't even list the sizes of the different clovers so thank you, Yssie, for that lovely comparison shot above. I'm hankering after the Vintage pendant in MOP.......

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will come back and participate more on this thread, but I really need to get through a work deadline this morning followed by champagne brunch with friends (bubblies always takes priority!). That said, LLJsmom, if you will be obtaining your first piece in Paris, then you HAVE to get the Sevres blue porcelain! It's only sold at the Place Vendome location. The idea of getting your first piece in Paris is so romantic - I love it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, Yssie, your Cartier trinity bracelets nearly stopped my heart!!! O my gosh, those are gorgeous! I have never looked at VCA jewelry much, but some of the pieces are stunning. What an amazing collection.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, your collection is TDF! :love:

I'm adding my current Cartier pieces...

img_8274.jpg

img_8275.jpg

img_8276.jpg

cartier_love.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the VCA MOP pieces and the other materials are very pretty, such as the malachite and onyx. I really like the tiger eye butterfly and think it looks amazing on Yssie - and all her other lovely pieces, too! Yssie, you need to get that tiger eye pendant. I mean, yum.

I think - for me - it would be too much money for non-precious materials. But they are lovely. I really like the carnelian pieces, but even $1600 for the clover carnelian pendant is just too steep for me since it isn't sparkly. I guess I would buy it if I loved it enough, though.

I always considered myself as much a branded-jewelry lover as anyone else, but for some reason the majority of the Cartier pieces just don't do it for me, although I think they look lovely on others. I like the Trinity range, and my three Cartier items, and I like two of their watches, and that's about it. That's lucky for my wallet, isn't it! I just find that, compared to Tiffany, Cartier doesn't have that many products in comparison. It's easier to find something to my taste at Tiffany simply because they have so much more. And also, don't laugh, but I find I like a lot of the products at Blue Nile. They have such a variety of designs, and amazing sales! I don't think I'm really cut out to be a very high-end shopper. :(sad

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1434323883|3889268 said:
Yssie, your collection is TDF! :love:

I'm adding my current Cartier pieces...

m2b, how do you like wearing your love cuff? How often do you wear it and how loose do you wear it? Does it bother when you twist your arm? I really love it, but my wrist is 13 cm, and the smallest I can go is 16cm, so there is a lot of movement. I've written it off as not for me, but every time I see someone with it on, I weaken and want to keep trying. It looks so wonderful on you...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya|1434327286|3889283 said:
I think the VCA MOP pieces and the other materials are very pretty, such as the malachite and onyx. I really like the tiger eye butterfly and think it looks amazing on Yssie - and all her other lovely pieces, too! Yssie, you need to get that tiger eye pendant. I mean, yum.

I think - for me - it would be too much money for non-precious materials. But they are lovely. I really like the carnelian pieces, but even $1600 for the clover carnelian pendant is just too steep for me since it isn't sparkly. I guess I would buy it if I loved it enough, though.

I always considered myself as much a branded-jewelry lover as anyone else, but for some reason the majority of the Cartier pieces just don't do it for me, although I think they look lovely on others. I like the Trinity range, and my three Cartier items, and I like two of their watches, and that's about it. That's lucky for my wallet, isn't it! I just find that, compared to Tiffany, Cartier doesn't have that many products in comparison. It's easier to find something to my taste at Tiffany simply because they have so much more. And also, don't laugh, but I find I like a lot of the products at Blue Nile. They have such a variety of designs, and amazing sales! I don't think I'm really cut out to be a very high-end shopper. :(sad

Jambalaya, I think it's just what appeals to you. :) You love what you love. Enjoy it all, from Blue Nile (which does have some amazing deals!) to Tiffany. You should be happy you aren't tempted by the $47K necklaces at VCA. :lol: Tiffany is nothing to sneeze at. Their solid cuffs are very pricey, and I seldom look at anything with diamonds in them, cause to me those are way beyond my price point. :) All beautiful stuff, all good.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop I remember the Christie's auction!

I agree that the website has surprisingly little detail. The VCA discussion threads on that other forum contain a wealth of information though - some of the regulars have unbelievable collections and seem to know everything there is to know about the various lines - past, present, and future, and they're very generous with their time and happy to share that knowledge ::) On the downside it's like looking through SMTB - I'm not capable of limiting myself to spending a "reasonable" amount of time ogling photo after photo :bigsmile:

Kama Hope you're making it through your deadlines okay - and are planning on more celebratory bubbly ::)

luv Oh, thank you!! I can't believe I seriously considered letting them go! I'd entertained selling and buying a retired Trinity set with burnished diamonds instead, but... it just isn't worth spending more, to me. I love the Trinity line - the black ceramic and pave version is stunning, and has a totally different edgy, unexpected feel :love:

This was actually my first experience with Cartier's servicing department and I was happily surprised to discover that it's painless, efficient, and actually reasonably cost-effective - I dropped the bracelet off at the NYC flagship for their polishing service and was told to expect a 6-8 week timeline. A week later I got an email with a quote, approved it, and two weeks after that I got a call saying the work was complete: three weeks, all in all, and ~$300 total.

m2b I think most everyone feels the same way about your collection! :love: Your Love cuff is a fantastic exhibition of problem-solving :bigsmile: you get the look from the top, but can take it off - by yourself - as often as you like without worrying about damaging it. Does the cuff sizing match the bangle sizing (16=16, etc.)?Do you wear it stacked with your Ballon Bleu regularly?

Jambalaya I'm actually not much of a necklaces person - something about feeling anything on my neck bothers me, necklaces, turtleneck sweaters - but ITA that LLJ should get the TE butterfly!! :love: Of the three she posted pics of it's my favourite :halo:

I completely understand not being comfortable with the discrepancy between sale price and cost of materials used. For me there is value (re-sale, mostly, is my top concern) in the brand name, and I personally value the brand name enough that it compensates for enough of that discrepancy to be "worth" buying (I can reconcile semi-precious gemstones but not wood and man-made materials, though I still enjoy reading about the history of the Sevres porcelain and letterwood :)) ) but I can certainly see that another person might feel very differently.

Having spent a ton of time stalking VCA threads on the other forum I can safely say that I am not cut out to be a high-end shopper either :bigsmile: I do agree with LLJ - you should buy whatever you like best, for whatever reasons. And I agree - Tiffany has some gorgeous pieces, and their heritage is as rich and fascinating as anyone could ask for ::)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1434242041|3888945 said:
Carrera y Carrera earrings I got a couple of years ago on a bit of a whim. I know some Carrera designs can be... a bit out there?... but I think Carrera can be fantastic value for money - branded, beautifully crafted, reasonably-priced artwork :))
I think the design and workmanship is amazing. It looks not just elegant but looks expensive.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1434242041|3888945 said:

Holy crap! I've never seen your CyC earrings before - they are simply spectacular!!!

Love your 3-motif magic earrings! I am also contemplating the matching magic bracelet, but worried the hanging charm might get damaged by virtue of my clumsiness..
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/content/dam/rcq/vca/46/79/43/467943.png.adapt.875.875.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Chrono, Kama! They're 18k WG with , discontinued from CyC's Ginkgo line. I got them pre-loved online from Dover - they seem to have quite a few pairs of this particular style in-stock, for whatever reason! For peace of mind I took them to an authorised retailer in NYC to have the backing clips tightened and fell in LOVE with the Bambu bangle:

cyc_bambu.jpg

I gotta say... I love finding deals on pre-loved stones and non-signed pieces, but for branded jewellery I will admit to being quite leery of the secondary market :(sad there is an absolutely appalling number of establishments that will apparently happily fake anything - the pieces themselves, packaging, paperwork - receipts, servicing bills... and the idea of having to cough up retail to feed this new VCA habit is a tremendously effective cautionary note to choose carefully!

Kama - That charm is my concern with the Magic bracelet too. It's the largest motif and the attachment chain is quite long - I can definitely see it getting whacked about ;( The other thing is that it'll ensure that the clasp is always on the top of your wrist, which I don't know that I'd love...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results