shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s talk about nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 6:57:09 PM
Author: EricaR
Should I admit here that my cousin was on the crew of Paradise Hotel and actually met his now-wife while working on it? She was also on the crew. Their relationship was blossoming while everyone else''s was falling apart.
36.gif

How adorable is that??

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I just thought I should let it be known that I ordered pizza tonight because it''s rainy and stormy and windy and there''s a tornado out there, and it''s fantastic. Yum!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 6:57:09 PM
Author: EricaR
Should I admit here that my cousin was on the crew of Paradise Hotel and actually met his now-wife while working on it? She was also on the crew. Their relationship was blossoming while everyone else''s was falling apart.
36.gif
That''s awesome!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:43:19 PM
Author: musey
Date: 4/13/2009 5:27:12 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Tell me about Bachelorettes in Alaska!
OMG Amazing.

They had 5 women and a seemingly endless supply of guys (a LOT every episode, like 20+), and they were all in Alaska (because they have a high percentage of single men or something? I dunno). At the end of each episode, they could choose to pair up or not. They''d replenish the rejects to the max number of guys every episode! If they women had paired up the week before, they could decide to keep their current guy, trade him in for someone else, or go single. And next week it started all over again. There were also ''dowries'' involved, but I forget how... I think they went up the longer they stayed with the same guy. Or maybe it went up if they ditched a guy. I don''t remember, it was 2002. Ha!

So bad. But so good.

AMAZING.
OMG!!! It sounds right up my alley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 7:00:43 PM
Author: star sparkle
I just thought I should let it be known that I ordered pizza tonight because it''s rainy and stormy and windy and there''s a tornado out there, and it''s fantastic. Yum!
!! I know this sounds weird, but I am SO JEALOUS. I really miss weather. Any weather at all. I get very sick of 70s and sunny, when I grew up with big thunderstorms and tornados all spring!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 7:01:44 PM
Date: 4/13/2009 5:43:19 PM
Date: 4/13/2009 5:27:12 PM
Tell me about Bachelorettes in Alaska!
OMG Amazing.

They had 5 women and a seemingly endless supply of guys (a LOT every episode, like 20+), and they were all in Alaska (because they have a high percentage of single men or something? I dunno). At the end of each episode, they could choose to pair up or not. They''d replenish the rejects to the max number of guys every episode! If they women had paired up the week before, they could decide to keep their current guy, trade him in for someone else, or go single. And next week it started all over again. There were also ''dowries'' involved, but I forget how... I think they went up the longer they stayed with the same guy. Or maybe it went up if they ditched a guy. I don''t remember, it was 2002. Ha!

So bad. But so good.

AMAZING.
OMG!!! It sounds right up my alley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish we could watch the episodes online, on hulu or something. That show was just beyond amazing.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 7:02:25 PM

!! I know this sounds weird, but I am SO JEALOUS. I really miss weather. Any weather at all. I get very sick of 70s and sunny, when I grew up with big thunderstorms and tornados all spring!

Ugh, I''d trade in a heartbeat. I''m tired of this place, I want to go back home. Only 7 more weeks!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:51:34 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Date: 4/13/2009 4:56:37 PM
Lol musey. What are you and hubby doing tonight?

We''re gonna watch Heroes, House and The Hills and I have to write a presentation. I also need to do math homework. Bleh.
I have to interrupt and ask; can you really get your FI to watch ''The Hills''?? I have to DVR it and watch it when FI is at work. He can not stand that show!
I got him to and he watches it with me! Lol! He''s hoping that Spencer will get into a fight every episode this season because that made it a lot more enjoyable for him. Lol. But I sit through about 5-8 hours of his TV shows every week (not including Heroes or House) so he owes me AT LEAST 30 minutes of The Hills.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I can''t wait until you get home either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You''re too quiet nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 7:06:50 PM
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I can''t wait until you get home either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You''re too quiet nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I hate being in Georgia!
7.gif

The only good thing about it is that I get to see G on a semi-regular basis. That''s going to end for awhile when I leave.
39.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock

Haha.. that is SO weird to me. I haaaaate tornadoes and big storms. I can''t wait to live somewhere that they don''t exist!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 7:36:08 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

Haha.. that is SO weird to me. I haaaaate tornadoes and big storms. I can''t wait to live somewhere that they don''t exist!

I love a good storm. It''s so nice to listen to the rain. No tornadoes of course!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might find yourself saying that until you''re away from it for awhile... as nice as it is, sunny days do get old when it''s day after day, week after week, year after year... after year.

The days we get rain are my favorite of the year. We''ve had thunder I think twice in the almost 6 years I''ve lived here. I''m SO BORED of ''nice weather.''

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 7:08:35 PM
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

7.gif

The only good thing about it is that I get to see G on a semi-regular basis. That''s going to end for awhile when I leave.
39.gif
Awww....How long before you see him again after you leave, do you think??

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 7:44:58 PM
Date: 4/13/2009 7:08:35 PM

35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

7.gif

39.gif

Awww....How long before you see him again after you leave, do you think??

I don''t know, hopefully not too long. Luckily he''s on the same page of me and hates not being with me the same amount, if not more, that I hate not being with him.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe it will speed things up?

Because that would be nice...for all involved.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I have a sneaking suspicion it will!

Oh, and some other cool news? His work is opening a new office in the same city as my office. He is convinced that it''s fate.
36.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 7:41:01 PM

You might find yourself saying that until you''re away from it for awhile... as nice as it is, sunny days do get old when it''s day after day, week after week, year after year... after year.

The days we get rain are my favorite of the year. We''ve had thunder I think twice in the almost 6 years I''ve lived here. I''m SO BORED of ''nice weather.''
I hear you! You live in the LA area right? I''m tired of it. I want cold winters to show off my cute coats. I want to smell different flowers of the seasons. I want to feel the first wind of spring. I want to taste different fruits throughout the year. I want to see the color of the leaves change. I can go on and on.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Choro - exactly! I feel almost like time is standing still. Every day is exactly the same, yet years are passing.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:13:17 PM
Choro - exactly! I feel almost like time is standing still. Every day is exactly the same, yet years are passing.

I never thought about how seasons break up the monotony of a lifestyle. I look forward to changing my wardrobe and enjoying different activities during each season. I simply could NOT live without autumn...it''s just soo beautiful; there''s even something about the smell of autumn.

ETA: As I get back onto my computer because a storm just killed our power for a couple minutes.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:29:03 PM
I never thought about how seasons break up the monotony of a lifestyle. I look forward to changing my wardrobe and enjoying different activities during each season. I simply could NOT live without autumn...it''s just soo beautiful; there''s even something about the smell of autumn.

ETA: As I get back onto my computer because a storm just killed our power for a couple minutes.
Autumn is the biggest thing I miss. Our wedding was autumn themed and our venue (here in LA, up in the hills) assured us that they get "TONS of fall color!" - not even a titch. We had all this burnt orange and autumn touches, with perfectly lush green grass and beautiful green leaves covering all the trees!
20.gif
3.gif

I really miss the crisp air of autumn (though we get that, sort of, January-ish), the change of the leaves (we get it a tiny bit)... I suppose there''s some variation here but it''s not very much. To a midwestern girl, it''s a really poor effort!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am a California girl through and through and am totally out of my element in Georgia. Give me the days of endless sunshine, let me go home!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:38:06 PM
Date: 4/13/2009 9:29:03 PM

Autumn is the biggest thing I miss. Our wedding was autumn themed and our venue (here in LA, up in the hills) assured us that they get ''TONS of fall color!'' - not even a titch. We had all this burnt orange and autumn touches, with perfectly lush green grass and beautiful green leaves covering all the trees!
20.gif
3.gif

I really miss the crisp air of autumn (though we get that, sort of, January-ish), the change of the leaves (we get it a tiny bit)... I suppose there''s some variation here but it''s not very much. To a midwestern girl, it''s a really poor effort!

You pulled off an Autumn wedding beautifully! I just love weddings in October and early November. My dream is to get married off the rocky coast in Maine in October. Even if it is just me, FI and our parents I think we''ll end up doing something like that!
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:59:37 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion it will!

Oh, and some other cool news? His work is opening a new office in the same city as my office. He is convinced that it''s fate.
36.gif
Oooo....I think it''s fate too.....

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
BeachRunner - your dream wedding sounds BEAUTIFUL!! I''ve always wanted to see Maine in fall. I''m told there''s nothing like it!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:01:11 PM
BeachRunner - your dream wedding sounds BEAUTIFUL!! I''ve always wanted to see Maine in fall. I''m told there''s nothing like it!

Whenever FI and I told people we were vacationing in Maine we usually got "Oh, I''ve always wanted to go there but never have."

I recommend that trip to anyone who can appreciate autumn! Everything about that trip was amazing. The colors were so vivid, the rocky beaches, the fresh, clean air, the smell of autumn, the cuisine, oh I could go on and on!

musey- If you travel to NoCal, would it be the same environment? Rocky beach; I don''t know about the foliage?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
NM usually has all 4 seasons...I love fall/autumn.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:13:32 PM
Date: 4/13/2009 10:01:11 PM
Whenever FI and I told people we were vacationing in Maine we usually got ''Oh, I''ve always wanted to go there but never have.''

I recommend that trip to anyone who can appreciate autumn! Everything about that trip was amazing. The colors were so vivid, the rocky beaches, the fresh, clean air, the smell of autumn, the cuisine, oh I could go on and on!

musey- If you travel to NoCal, would it be the same environment? Rocky beach; I don''t know about the foliage?
Honestly, I haven''t spend much time up there, certainly not enough to be a good judge of the season shift in the area. I do know that autumn on the west coast is NOTHING like autumn on the east coast, because of more even temperature patterns and all that.

I think that SF gets more color than SoCal, though, if I''m not mistaken. Why do you ask?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:26:08 PM
Freke, I drove through NM going to and from college on either side of my freshman year, and I have to say it was a bit of an oddity. I felt like it was summer on either side of the state, and fall or spring within NM! Is it the elevation or what?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:32:09 PM
Date: 4/13/2009 10:26:08 PM
Freke, I drove through NM going to and from college on either side of my freshman year, and I have to say it was a bit of an oddity. I felt like it was summer on either side of the state, and fall or spring within NM! Is it the elevation or what?
We have wacked out weather. This month alone, all 13 days of it, has had weather in the upper 70s and 30s as well as rain, slush, sun and wind. In the south it''s often very warm. To the north it''s a lot more like Colorado with serious skiing and snowboarding going on.

In ABQ, we have a few days of snow every year where it can get down to the teens, and then summers where a few days of the year it''s in the 100s. We have trees that turn colors in September-October, wind and pollen like crazy in March and April, and monsoon season in July-August with thunderstorms somewhere in the city starting between 4-5pm. I LOVE late September through October weather. It''s usually 60-70s during the day and cool at night. So we do experience the 4 seasons, but they are pretty mild compared to say the Chicago area or New York, where all four seasons are super pronounced.

I''m going to miss NM weather when we have to leave...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results