shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s talk about nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:00:16 AM
Author: AdiS

Bee*, sorry you feel like this! May I ask why is this work experience so horrible? Hope I''m not being too nosy!
1.gif

It''s the place that I really don''t like. The people have been absolutely horrible and have basically treated all of the students as slaves-they have us down on the roster and I had to stay there by myself until 11pm this evening, even though we''re literally just there to shadow a vet (there was no vet there the whole time). I absolutely adore the horses but as it''s all race horses, the vets and owners treat them literally as machines, which I know to them they are the money earners, but I just really hate that side of things. There''s a gorgeous foal in and no one looks at him apart from giving him his meds and he doesn''t get any attention apart from that. It''s hard to explain but it''s definitely not the side of veterinary that I want to be in.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 5:20:52 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 3/12/2009 3:55:14 PM
Author: Matata
I have eaten these as my main meal for breakfast, lunch, & dinner for the past 3 days.
cadburyminieggs-sm.jpg
Ok so there is something I must warn you about these little guys. Always one of my Easter favorites.....but as a child I got one of the ''shell'' parts stuck in the back of my throat in my tonsil and it hurt so bad we couldn''t get it out. I remember my parents trying to get it out too. Man that was painful. I stayed away ever since....lol
I''ve had the shells get stuck in my gums before but that doesn''t stop me from eating FAR too many of these lovelies during Easter time. Yummmmmmmy.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 7:51:41 PM
Author: bee*

Bee*, sorry you feel like this! May I ask why is this work experience so horrible? Hope I''m not being too nosy!
1.gif

It''s the place that I really don''t like. The people have been absolutely horrible and have basically treated all of the students as slaves-they have us down on the roster and I had to stay there by myself until 11pm this evening, even though we''re literally just there to shadow a vet (there was no vet there the whole time). I absolutely adore the horses but as it''s all race horses, the vets and owners treat them literally as machines, which I know to them they are the money earners, but I just really hate that side of things. There''s a gorgeous foal in and no one looks at him apart from giving him his meds and he doesn''t get any attention apart from that. It''s hard to explain but it''s definitely not the side of veterinary that I want to be in.

Bee,

That is so sad about the foal. Will he be a race horse too? He isn''t in a stall the whole time, is he? I mean he gets to be out walking around, right? How long will you have to do training there?

Do you work with a lot of greyhounds? I know that greyhound racing is popular in Ireland. We hope to visit a greyhound sanctuary (near Birr) when we visit Ireland, this May or June.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok... just finished South Park. It was great!! The only thing I could think about was DB's wedding being crashed by Mickey for not being "Disney" enough!!! LOL!!!
rotflmao2.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I''m anxious about TTC this month - BD and ovulation timing. That''s my random thought ...
40.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 10:37:15 PM
Author: Sha
I''m anxious about TTC this month - BD and ovulation timing. That''s my random thought ...
40.gif
Aww, Sha!! I lurk on the TTC thread all the time. I''ve following your story and I''m sorry about anxiety. I wish you and your DH the best of luck with the BD/ovulation timing.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone watch Grey''s tonight? Man, I cried. I am so so so sick of Meredith and Derek breaking up.

How about that jewelery abuse when he whacked her engagement ring with a bat!?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 10:53:40 PM
Author: Clairitek
Did anyone watch Grey''s tonight? Man, I cried. I am so so so sick of Meredith and Derek breaking up.

or the inappropriateness of the Chief telling her about the pending proposal!?!
29.gif
TOTALLY out of line!!!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:06:01 PM
Author: trillionaire

29.gif
TOTALLY out of line!!!

All you East-Coasters are KILLING ME.
39.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:14:42 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Date: 3/12/2009 11:06:01 PM

Author: trillionaire

29.gif
TOTALLY out of line!!!

All you East-Coasters are KILLING ME.
39.gif

P.S. BTW, how ''come they don''t sell men''s razors in Seattle?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:13:02 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Date: 3/12/2009 6:00:05 PM

Author: october2008bride

Date: 3/12/2009 4:27:46 PM

Author: BeachRunner

Date: 3/12/2009 4:24:03 PM

Author: EBree

Oooh, I hope I didn''t miss out on some HGTV talk- I''ll scan back through. I love HGTV. I have a serious design crush on Candace Olsen. When we were personalizing our couch and picking out fabrics for throw pillows, my husband looked at me and said, ''You''re having fun playing Candace, aren''t you?'' I totally was.

I''m also a House Hunters fan, along with Design on a Dime, Deserving Design and Curb Appeal. I''ll occasionally watch Property Virgins, but I usually have to do it alone- my husband thinks the realtor is super condescending.
3.gif

Speaking of the realtor, have you seen her latest episodes!?
23.gif
Her face, her makeup, her something! She looks like she could be in soft core **** or something. Are FI and I the only ones that think she got something done to her face!?

I totally agree with this - she seems to get more and more orange every episode and show more and more boob.

She is pretty condescending, but I love watching it because she is usually in my city so I can look at other houses and see what is out there (or what was - some of them are pretty old).

Is the show filmed in Canada? I thought she has a Canadian accent, but I am terrible with accents, so it''s very hard for me to tell where speakers are from.

I''ve never thought she was condescending. I''ve always perceived her as trying to educate the buyers, but in a really awkward sort of way.

Ohh, HGTV talk! I''m way late to this thread, but I love my HGTV. LovesVintage, I think she is Canadian and that''s where the show originated, just like Divine Design, but that they travel to the US, too. Although I''m not exactly sure how it works with Property Virgins, since I think real estate agents have to be licensed in most states, but maybe she works with a local one? Or the show gets an exemption somehow? I''ve always been mildly curious.

I really like most of the shows on that channel, and Carter Can is one of my favorites. I so want to be one of Carter''s minions. I also wouldn''t mind being Danielle on Color Splash, or working for Sophie Alsop on The Unsellables. The one show I really DO NOT like, but I sometimes watch because it''s like a train wreck in slow motion, is The Property Shop. Does that woman not realize how unlikeable and unprofessional she comes across?

Sigh, I can''t wait until we have a house...

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and regarding Cadbury Eggs...I like the minis but I LOVE Cadbury Creme Eggs. I always feel like a fox or some sneaky animal when I eat them, because I don''t like the chocolate part all that much but I crave the filling...so I nibble a hole and slurp it out. And now I want one, and the nearest all-night shop is four blocks away and I''m too lazy to go out. So I''ll just continue eating my Isgro''s eclair instead. But tomorrow, I''m going on an egg hunt
25.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:34:43 PM
Author: Octavia
Oh, and regarding Cadbury Eggs...I like the minis but I LOVE Cadbury Creme Eggs. I always feel like a fox or some sneaky animal when I eat them, because I don''t like the chocolate part all that much but I crave the filling...so I nibble a hole and slurp it out. And now I want one, and the nearest all-night shop is four blocks away and I''m too lazy to go out. So I''ll just continue eating my Isgro''s eclair instead. But tomorrow, I''m going on an egg hunt
25.gif
32.gif
14.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love cadbury creme eggs but they were so much better when I was a kid (OMG I getting to be one of "those people"
3.gif
) they had less chocolate and more innersides stuff and the yolk looked like an actual yoke - sigh. I could kill some chocolate right now.

Talking about nothing - I really hate those emails from the knot going XX months to go when I haven''t planned anything yet
20.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock

1.gif

Aw that sucks. Horses are such beautiful and clever animals, can''t imagine someone treating them that way. So sorry it''s such an awful experience for you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *hate* regrets, and yet I have some regrets:

- not learning a musical instrument when I was younger, particularly the piano
- not learning to swim when I was a kid (I was too nerdy and spent all my childhood studying instead of being out and about playing with the other kids
4.gif
). I've tried a few times to learn, but to this day I am still a lousy swimmer!
- not doing the Europe back-pack thing after Uni
- not having had a child in my thirties. Hopefully, we can adopt one when we get to China
- not having spent more time with my mom before she passed away
- and in case you guys have gotten sick enough of hearing me say this yet, spending far too much on far too many smaller bling items instead of doing the second upgrade on my e-ring
3.gif
1.gif
!

Things I'm really proud I've done:
- went to HK at the age of 29 to take up my new job, where I knew no-one at all
- bought my first house at the age of 28
- have estabished myself professionally and financially (well, relatively speaking anyway)
- met my hubby, the LOVE of my life!
9.gif

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, fired up my Keurig machine, and forgot to place my coffee cup under the dispenser. DAMN it! So anyway, my son is having a tough time with all the pressures of finishing his high school career. He has quite alot on his plate right now, so this evening I''ll make his favorite dessert and I wanted to share it with you all. It''s more of a breakfast dish, but he loves it anytime. His girlfriend shared this recipe with me. Hands down, its yummy, unhealthy, and horribly fattening.

1. Separate canned cresent rolls and brush each section with butter on both sides.
2. Sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on both sides.
3. Wrap a large Marshmellow with each section and place each into a greased muffin pan or you can place them side by side in a pie plate.
4. Drizzle with more melted butter and dust with more cinnamon and sugar. Add pecans, walnuts, or raisins as desired.
5. Place in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and bubbly. Usually takes 15-20 minutes when using a pie plate, but watch carefully.
6. In a mixer blend 1/2 block of cream cheese, a couple of dashes of milk, and sugar to taste. Drizzle over hot rolls.

ENJOY!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 12:46:21 AM
Author: Deelight
I love cadbury creme eggs but they were so much better when I was a kid (OMG I getting to be one of ''those people''
3.gif
) they had less chocolate and more innersides stuff and the yolk looked like an actual yoke - sigh. I could kill some chocolate right now.

Talking about nothing - I really hate those emails from the knot going XX months to go when I haven''t planned anything yet
20.gif
Hey I noticed this too! Now its like this big chunck of hollow chocolate and the stuff inside is all stiff! It used to be creamy and even a bit runny, if I remember correctly. I had one recently and can''t even remember the last time I had one before that. It wasn''t all that
29.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 9:34:22 AM
Author: Bia
Date: 3/13/2009 12:46:21 AM

Author: Deelight

I love cadbury creme eggs but they were so much better when I was a kid (OMG I getting to be one of 'those people'
3.gif

Talking about nothing - I really hate those emails from the knot going XX months to go when I haven't planned anything yet
20.gif
Hey I noticed this too! Now its like this big chunck of hollow chocolate and the stuff inside is all stiff! It used to be creamy and even a bit runny, if I remember correctly. I had one recently and can't even remember the last time I had one before that. It wasn't all that
29.gif

Yup they were so creamy and runny and the egg inside looked like a proper egg - little yolk and all I love that as a kid. The ones here now also have like a chocolate divider in the middle ARGH don't mess with the egg it was good as it was I still like them just not as much. Cadbury if you read this BRING BACK THE ORIGNIAL KTHXBAI :*

ETA: A few easters ago FI bought me a 1kg easter egg - Happy times :D.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m drooling at the thought of Cadbury Creme eggs... YUM!

I met the cutest guy, ever, last night. I mean I am telling you.. this guy is a 15/10! And he asked for my number... Score!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF and I picked up a 4-pack of Cadbury''s on Monday night, they were gone by Tuesday.
27.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 12:11:40 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

I met the cutest guy, ever, last night. I mean I am telling you.. this guy is a 15/10! And he asked for my number... Score!

AWESOME! :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 9:25:46 AM
Author: DIAMOND*QUEST
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, fired up my Keurig machine, and forgot to place my coffee cup under the dispenser. DAMN it!

Someone else with a Keurig!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm drooling at the thought of Cadbury Creme eggs... YUM!

Nights like that are always fun
31.gif
!!
OU- I noticed on another thread that we might have grown up in the same city. Were you off of I30? Just wondering if you were planning on going back to the metroplex after graduating. I hade some friends at OU that came back to DFW, and love that so many of them can still keep in touch, being so close. Though the funny thing... my friends that met their SO's(now DH's or FI's) all got jobs in Norman/OKC, and live there. Weird...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:16:35 PM
Author: meresal

Nights like that are always fun
31.gif
!!

OU- I noticed on another thread that we might have grown up in the same city. Were you off of I30? Just wondering if you were planning on going back to the metroplex after graduating. I hade some friends at OU that came back to DFW, and love that so many of them can still keep in touch, being so close. Though the funny thing... my friends that met their SO''s(now DH''s or FI''s) all got jobs in Norman/OKC, and live there. Weird...

No, but we must have grown up close. I lived close to 121, right near the airport. Depending on your age, you may have gone to school with some of my friends. I went to a large church downtown, so I had a lot of friends from those schools of all ages.. Right now, after graduation I will probably work in whatever city I can get a job in! I do think most people from DFW that stay in the OKC area are all in relationships. Funny how that works. If I had stayed with the ex, I''d probably be dead set on staying here too.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pity party --- waaaaaah, I wanna be back on the Amazon River sipping Pisco sours and listening to the chirps, twitters, tweets, & howls of monkeys, frogs, & birds rather than the cacaphony of human voices that have invaded my office this morning. Sniff, whine.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
forgot to post the river pic.

muddywaters.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 7:25:51 AM
Author: Phoenix
I *hate* regrets, and yet I have some regrets:

- not learning a musical instrument when I was younger, particularly the piano

- not learning to swim when I was a kid (I was too nerdy and spent all my childhood studying instead of being out and about playing with the other kids
4.gif
). I''ve tried a few times to learn, but to this day I am still a lousy swimmer!

- not doing the Europe back-pack thing after Uni

- not having had a child in my thirties. Hopefully, we can adopt one when we get to China

- not having spent more time with my mom before she passed away

- and in case you guys have gotten sick enough of hearing me say this yet, spending far too much on far too many smaller bling items instead of doing the second upgrade on my e-ring
3.gif
1.gif
!

Things I''m really proud I''ve done:

- went to HK at the age of 29 to take up my new job, where I knew no-one at all

- bought my first house at the age of 28

- have estabished myself professionally and financially (well, relatively speaking anyway)

- met my hubby, the LOVE of my life!
9.gif

Could you not still learn some piano?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 8:55:44 PM
Author: Loves Vintage

1.gif

Bee,

That is so sad about the foal. Will he be a race horse too? He isn''t in a stall the whole time, is he? I mean he gets to be out walking around, right? How long will you have to do training there?

Do you work with a lot of greyhounds? I know that greyhound racing is popular in Ireland. We hope to visit a greyhound sanctuary (near Birr) when we visit Ireland, this May or June.

He''s in a small segregated area in the stable and his mammy is in it with him but he''s not strong enough to not be separated from her. If he survives and gets stronger he will be a race horse. He''s just so beautiful. I was meant to do another week but I told them today that I don''t want to. I just really don''t enjoy it so I''m going to do another week with a different equine vet.
We don''t have too many greyhounds come to the clinic that I usually work in. Greyhound racing is big though-there are two main places in Dublin-Harold''s Cross and Shelbourne park. I love greyhounds-they''re so cute! That''s so cool that you''re coming over here-I forgot about that!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 3:37:37 AM

1.gif

Aw that sucks. Horses are such beautiful and clever animals, can''t imagine someone treating them that way. So sorry it''s such an awful experience for you!

Thanks AdiS!! I suppose I''m just not going to love it all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results