shape
carat
color
clarity

Legislative team?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Can you tell me what it means to be on a legislative team? Obviously I am gaining nothing from my college education.
20.gif

I contacted an organization that I would really like to be a part of and asked them how I can help. Someone emailed me back and said that they were going to be starting a legislative team in the next six months, and that I can be a part of it if I want. I''m assuming local, as it is a pretty small organization as of right now, but growing quick. No marches on Washington quite yet! lol.

Thing is, why would they want ME on their legislative team? I''m 24, no experience in law whatsoever....I don''t get it. Do they want me to picket a courthouse or something???

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky...

Being a part of that team could mean many things... you are right though, no marches on Washington yet.. but it could mean local "protests", letter writing campaigns, posting flyers, speaking out at local forums... are you in an area that would be hosting an upcoming presidential debate? They could want you to make an appearance to ask questions.. etc. Being a part of a legislative team could also mean that they are working with local or even state legislators to work towards changing laws.. and considering we are coming up on an election year... I have a feeling it is going to be very election centered.

Hope that helps.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, you may be surprised (shocked?) to hear that much of American law is actually written by interest groups, and not by your elected representatives or their staff. Groups (whether corporations or public interest or whatnot) draft legislation that suits their interests or aims, and then they shop it around to so-called legislators (meaning the elected kind) and try to strategize the politician into adopting and pushing for the piece of legislation. So, maybe they are going to start THAT kind of thing. In which case, who knows which part of it they''d like you to take up.

ARe you a public relations type?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results