shape
carat
color
clarity

Lady Gaga's Big 'Ole Heart Ering... Thoughts??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...I'm not big on heart-shaped diamonds for erings, but I did think it was a nicely shaped heart diamond. :???: ::) What do ya'll think about it?? Lovely?? Gaudy??

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love hearts, and like the look of her ring

DK :love: .

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think its perfect for lady gaga. Id like to know what color it is, but i mean, how many celebs have one huge heart shaped ring?

not many.

Im sure thats part of why its that shape.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it suits her perfectly! It has a lovely outline too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a very well cut heart shape. At first I was like no, but after seeing many pics I actually like it. She will wear it well.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone else remember a thread in RT a few months ago where the person with over 100K budget was looking for a heart shaped stone? What if that was her FF?

If she likes it, that's all that matters. IMHO heart stones are slightly juvenile.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I missing the picture? :confused:

Edit: Ah... here it is. https://www.pricescope.com/forum/jewelry-pieces/updated-celebrity-rings-t75052-7470.html

It's a very nice looking stone, and for some reason I don't think it's gaudy at all. Maybe because there's no halo? Or the sweet factor of the heart mitigates the size (in my mind)? I haven't been a fan of heart-shaped diamonds in the past, but they're starting to grow on me - especially these big ones. :naughty:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is a nicely shaped heart, though the band looks uber tiny and fragile. I am happy for them and wish them the best!

lady-gaga-heart-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring-instagram.png

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1424370354|3834943 said:
Does anyone else remember a thread in RT a few months ago where the person with over 100K budget was looking for a heart shaped stone? What if that was her FF?

If she likes it, that's all that matters. IMHO heart stones are slightly juvenile.

It's supposed to be 8 carats so that would be a lot more than $100,000, more like $600,000.

I think it suits her.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
msop04|1424368618|3834926 said:
...I'm not big on heart-shaped diamonds for erings, but I did think it was a nicely shaped heart diamond. :???: ::) What do ya'll think about it?? Lovely?? Gaudy??
Not going to be popular opinion but it looks cheap and low quality. Then again, I tend to think that of any heart shaped jewelry. That cut just screams walmart to me. I am sure he paid a ton for it, because they're rich.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I usually intensely dislike heart-shaped jewellery (the new open heart Jane Seymour line? Ack :knockout: ) but I quite like this ring. There is an elegant quality about it. IMO.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeaaah not for me. To me regardless how well cut it is, it reminds me of a diamond version of a ring you could get at a carnival/fair or a trinket machine in one of those little plastic cup things. Like hello kitty should wear it. I saw a ring on FB that JA did, a little heart w/a...gosh, I forget now, almost like a semi bezel and a chevron prong on the bottom or something. I thought it was cute, and I would wear it if my kids or JD got it for me. But not something I'd do for myself and not for my ering.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering when this would become a thread.
I'm sure that the diamond is beyond lovely and as long as Gaga is happy with it, then that's truly all that matters.
My opinion of it is that I don't care for heart-shaped diamonds e-rings. Ever. Hearts were fine when I was a 10 year-old girl and they were constant theme in my life along with unicorns & rainbows :razz: ;-)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
msop04|1424375552|3834988 said:
Here's another photo... hmmm... :|
gaga_ering.jpg
Uh. Wow. He clearly knows her very well, and she must adore it. Which is great.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1424375656|3834990 said:
I was wondering when this would become a thread.
I'm sure that the diamond is beyond lovely and as long as Gaga is happy with it, then that's truly all that matters.
My opinion of it is that I don't care for heart-shaped diamonds e-rings. Ever. Hearts were fine when I was a 10 year-old girl and they were constant theme in my life along with unicorns & rainbows :razz: ;-)

BWAHAHAHAAAA!!!! ...me too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty, but not really my style. Love the finger coverage though! :cheeky:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady Gaga isn't my taste in anything, so not surprisingly neither is her ring. I pictured her getting a colored stone.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I like it quite a bit and it suits her. It's very simple. I would like to see a colour photo of it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not a shape I would pick for myself but it does look lovely on her hand. Her being happy with her ring is all that matters.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love hearts and I think hearts, ovals and marquise are back in fashion at the moment. If I did it I would have put a Victor type halo around it and classed it up or a Tiffany type bezel but other than that I love them....

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^were heart-shaped diamonds ever in fashion? I'm genuinely curious because I don't recall a time when they were.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first thought when hearing that news was shock that she would even consider doing something as traditional as marriage. But as far as the ring goes, it appears to be well cut, and I certainly wouldn't have expected to see her with a rb or emerald cut. So I think it is very nice and fitting for her.

I am not a fan of hearts for jewelry, however, Grace has an antique cut diamond heart ring that I'd take in a second if I had tons of extra cash lying around!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a time when I had definite opinions on several shapes for stones. I think I've mellowed about that over time, partly because of PS, and learning how a well cut stone of a particular shape can be beautiful.

I really do like Gaga's ring. At that size, the solitaire just lets the stone shine (or rather, sparkle.) I wish them well.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
My mom has always wanted a large heart shape, and I always thought - uh, why?

But you know what, over the last year or two, I've started to really like them. It's not my favourite shape but there are some spectacular large hearts out there. Gaga certainly has one of them - though personally, I prefer a slightly fatter heart, but her's looks great of course.

I think hearts will rise in popularity because of her ring. Hearts are generally thought of more for super girly girls - and while of course, she's a fashionista and all that jazz, I don't think of her as a unicorn and rainbows kind of girl either (not unless unicorn and rainbows were being used ironically). I think this ring will expand more women's minds to the potential for a heart ring, and I think that's great. Fancy shapes are awesome.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am not a fan of her ring or heart shaped diamonds really. I do love JBG heart shaped bezel pendants though!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's beautiful. My future daughter in law requested a heart shape for her engagement ring when she got engaged. She adores Lady Gaga so she was pleased to see that Lady Gaga copied her.

Lady Gaga actually has a unicorn tattoo and so does my dil.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results