shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies,would it be okay with you if your husband...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wore a 2ct diamond ring?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No b/c *I* don't have 2cts. He'd never wear diamonds anyway.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No because I don't care for jewelry on men (except for simple/minimal amounts). I like nice watches on men, but diamonds and/or fancy jewelry on men is just not my thing.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over my dead body would he get 2 ct before me!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
if he actually wanted one, yea. He has ZERO interest so I am not concerned about this hypothetical.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd be ecstatic - it would mean he was coming to share my interests!

Seriously, though, I tend to like the fops and the dandies. Screw the 2-carat ... if only I could convince him to get into the waist-coats!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1392086138|3612457 said:
Over my dead body would he get 2 ct before me!
Don't be so greedy... :Up_to_something: I need a "guy bling" on my finger.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not? As long as it didn't look ugly in my opinion, I'm good with it. Old school gypsy rings like the thugs had, anyone? Haha. Now if he would want to wear it as a VC Emilia halo solitaire... I might have a problem with it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see that. I would laugh till there was tears coming out of my eyes.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, honey. All of my husband's flash is in his pants. And only I get to see it. :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As homophobia dies its slow, slow, slow, slow, slow death more and more men will feel free to shamelessly enjoy what the backwards and pious only allowed women to enjoy.

Diamonds. :love:
DF, you can be part of the fearful past or join the celebration of a future of equality. :appl:
It's time for men to burn their briefs and get liberated!

screen_shot_2014-02-10_at_9.png

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1392097464|3612588 said:
DF, you can be part of the fearful past or join the celebration of a future of equality. :appl:

Yes, I kind of find it funny when some people think it's "gay" for men to wear bling bling... or think it's ugly and don't permit their partners to wear it or laugh at it... when I know the females would be :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: if their husbands ever made fun of their jewelry or forbade them from wearing any item.

I wear what I want. He wears what he wants.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1392096133|3612573 said:
Oh, honey. All of my husband's flash is in his pants. :naughty:
mine aren't "steep and deep".. ;(

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As homophobia dies its slow, slow, slow, slow, slow death more and more men will feel free to shamelessly enjoy what the backwards and pious only allowed women to enjoy.

Yes, Kenny ...we want to be liberated :!: .. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RISE UP MEN.
EQUAL BLING RIGHTS
NOW!

If women can wear pants, men can wear diamonds.

screen_shot_2014-02-10_at_10.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1392099025|3612599 said:
monarch64|1392096133|3612573 said:
Oh, honey. All of my husband's flash is in his pants. :naughty:
mine aren't "steep and deep".. ;(

That's why your wife insisted on a big diamond. :lol:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'd bother me because we agreed to save for a house and I don't think saving for a house involves running off to buy a 2 carat diamond. I think there would also be a conversation in order about the opposition to upgrade my engagement ring when he'd clearly chosen to upgrade either his engagement ring or wedding band. Assuming we'd covered those two topics, it'd be fine with me. I don't really mind what he wears as long as he takes care of himself and dresses appropriately for the occasion (ie, not wearing his dirty work clothes out to dinner).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe it's just where we live but plenty of men wear bling around here. I can think of quite a few who sport diamond (albeit not 2 carat) rings as their wedding bands. Sure not as many as women but let's face it diamonds are expensive and how many couples can afford two 2 carat plus rings lol. And men who wear diamond studs are plentiful around here too! More bling for me to admire so it's all good. :apple:

My dh is not one of these diamond sporting men however but that is also good with me because it leaves more money for my bling fund and more money for his hobbies. :))

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Sure. He'd rather gouge his own eyes out though. :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1392115470|3612641 said:
Sure. He'd rather gouge his own eyes out though. :cheeky:

Hahaha, same here. My dh fully embraces his metrosexual side for sure but he draws the line at wearing diamonds. Though his watches are quite showy they have no diamonds and I know he won't go there... Oh well, leaves all the bling for me. :naughty:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1392098357|3612595 said:

Yes, I kind of find it funny when some people think it's "gay" for men to wear bling bling... or think it's ugly and don't permit their partners to wear it or laugh at it... when I know the females would be :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: if their husbands ever made fun of their jewelry or forbade them from wearing any item.

I wear what I want. He wears what he wants.

But what's wrong with thinking that a man wearing too much bling is ugly (and I ask that in all seriousness)? It's a matter or personal taste and/or attraction. As I said before, I'm not a fan of men wearing lots of bling (so I guess that you could say that I find it ugly). It's no different than a man wearing skinny jeans. I'm not a fan of that look either and therefore, it's not likely something that my DH would wear. We are all attracted to different things (be it material things, physical attributes, personality, etc.). Just because we may not care for a particular style, doesn't mean we are passing judgement. If I don't care for a man sporting a two-carat rock on his finger, so what? The guy wearing it is happy (I'm guessing), I'm not a fan, and life goes on. It's not like I'm going to look at a complete stranger wearing bling and laugh in his face. I just wouldn't find his sense of style appealing/pleasant/attractive.
My DH is very stylish. He likes to wear nice clothes, nice watches, etc. (what some would consider metrosexual). I am attracted to that sort of thing, but I draw the line at bling because I just don't find it attractive. If he truly wanted to wear a lot of bling, then he's an adult and can make his own choices. As a married couple, we typically seek out each other's opinions on style of dress, etc. just out of basic respect for one another. Obviously, I want my DH to be attracted to me (and vice versa), so to a certain degree, we try to please each other in that sense.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Right, Momhappy. I'm with you here. People like what they like -- as somebody said once, people vary. Let them -- all of them.

On the other hand, my brother wears a beautiful man's ring inherited from our great-uncle. Wide gold band with at least a 1-ct diamond set low into it & sort-of grooves around the stone. It's very masculine & graceful at once & I love to see it on his hand. Like any good jewelry, it's elegant without shouting, "Look at me! I'm wearing a diamond!" That's the difference.

--- Laurie

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way! I am not a fan of blingy jewelry on men. The prices for two carat stones these days are highway robbery. And not only that, but I wouldn't get why he would want one.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I offered him a 1.83ct old cushion from my stash, and he said no way. Took months of convincing, but he finally agreed to wear a half carat flanders in a tension set ring. eta: I haven't commissioned the ring yet. I barely convinced him a couple of weeks ago. We'll see how he reacts when it actually shows up.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If he can afford it easily and it is something he wants/likes, I have no issues with this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results