shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies,would it be okay with you if your husband...

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd be jealous because I don't even have a 2ct, but he can wear whatever he wants.

Except denim shorts.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, people vary.
But this is yet another example of that age-old paradox, whether intolerance should be tolerated. (not tolerating diamonds on men)
What kinds of discrimination are to be tolerated, and which are to be called out?

I concede that how we feel about our partners is a special thing.
I tolerate things a stranger does that I would not tolerate in my SO.
I have no problem with men dressing in women's clothing, but I don't want my SO to do that.

I think it's fine to say, "I don't like my husband to wear diamonds".
But I think it is intolerance of diversity to say, "I don't like men to wear diamonds".
Men vary; but you DO get to pick which one becomes, and stays, your SO.

I also think it is fine to say, "I want my wife to be XYZ", but it is wrong to say, "I want women to be XYZ."

We certainly get a sayso when it comes to our partners since relationships are voluntary.
We usually select partners who are similar to us.

Yes, DF's question was limited to women's feelings about their husbands, but a poster said her feelings extends to all all men.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe it was more common 30 yrs ago? b/c I remember seeing many gent's diamond rings in jewelry stores back then.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1392146729|3612953 said:
Yup, people vary.
But this is yet another example of that age-old paradox, whether intolerance should be tolerated. (not tolerating diamonds on men)
What kinds of discrimination are to be tolerated, and which are to be called out?

I concede that how we feel about our partners is a special thing.
I tolerate things a stranger does that I would not tolerate in my SO.
I have no problem with men dressing in women's clothing, but I don't want my SO to do that.

I think it's fine to say, "I don't like my husband to wear diamonds".
But I think it is intolerance of diversity to say, "I don't like men to wear diamonds".
Men vary; but you DO get to pick which one becomes, and stays, your SO.

I also think it is fine to say, "I want my wife to be XYZ", but it is wrong to say, "I want women to be XYZ."

We certainly get a sayso when it comes to our partners since relationships are voluntary.
We usually select partners who are similar to us.

Yes, DF's question was limited to women's feelings about their husbands, but a poster said her feelings extends to all all men.

I don't care for bling on men in general. It's a personal preference, not an intolerance and/or discrimination. It's not something that I find attractive - just like I don't find cowboy boots (on men or women) attractive. It's just not my thing. I don't know why it should matter so much? I'm sure that I wear, do, say, behave, etc. in ways that others don't find attractive and life goes on.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
iluvshinythings|1392142371|3612885 said:
I'd be jealous because I don't even have a 2ct, but he can wear whatever he wants.

Except denim shorts.

LOL!!!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I think this sort of thing is both cultural and fashionable or not. When men began to wear an earring in one ear, I think my eyeballs rolled around. I understood that if it was in the right ear, it meant something, if it was in the left ear it meant something else. I got used to it and don't give it another thought. When things are new and against the norm in fashion I do the same thing. OMG, then I get used to it and like it.

I like a diamond in a mans ear. I think the sports stars who wear them are over the top, but most look very nice to me.

I agree with the poster who said men used to wear diamonds earlier, in rings, cufflinks, tie clasps ect. I would have no problem seeing a 2ct diamond on a man. Even if I were married, which I am not. I did ask my son if he wanted a diamond stud for his ears and he declined, He has no trouble saying i should buy a 2 ctw diamond. He thinks diamonds are too small and if you want to wear one, it should be bigger.

I still have a problem dealing with men in womens clothes, although I had a chat a few yrs ago in the grocery stone with a man dressed as a woman. He was nice. He just wanted to chat about the grocery items. I admit, I rolled my eyes when I left the store.

If you wANT to wear dimonds wear them! Annette

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
iluvshinythings|1392142371|3612885 said:

Except denim shorts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My dad had a hideous pair that had already lived a previous life as work jeans. These things were just short enough to be awkward, with like an inch and a half of fringe. My brother and I were so vocal in our dislike of these awful shorts, he finally doesn't wear them anymore. Thank god.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny i'll be honest with you...your Octavia will definitely look better on my finger than yours... :tongue:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1392186343|3613406 said:
Kenny i'll be honest with you...your Octavia will definitely look better on my finger than yours... :tongue:

Oh I think it looks just fine where it is. :D

But, nice try. ;-)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1392098357|3612595 said:
I wear what I want. He wears what he wants.

I'd go with this. I can't see him doing it, but if he came out in a rash and insisted on a lovely diamond, I'd be a hypocrite to say no.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results