shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies...what are you expecting for mother''s day ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jewelry? flowers?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Probably Flowers :)

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers and I relieved of cooking duty for the day! My husband doesn''t shop, so I usually pick something out and tell him what they got me for M-day!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alas nothing......my cat is the MOST ungrateful little thing...
2.gif

SDL, I''m sorry to hear it''s a hard time of year for you, can certainly understand that, but so happy your FI is taking you out for a nice breakfast - there is something so comforting about breakfast food!!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
SDL, I''m sorry to hear it''s a hard time for you, too ....

Alas, I don''t expect much this year. My DD is completing her sophomore year of college. She has a summer job on campus & I guess she has to work or something.

I guess I''m a little bummed.
I am hostessing a brunch for my own mother & my siblings & their kids.

(don''t feel sorry for me, though- I bought myself a sentimental gold locket shaped like a heart with a mother & baby etched on it. I figure, what the heck, I''ll take care of myself this year)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get to sleep in and DH and the kids will serve me breakfast in bed.
9.gif
Of course, this is what I TOLD DH to do so I can''t give him credit for the idea.
20.gif
I''m sooo looking forward to sleeping in. Haven''t done that in who knows who long!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
but kristy, doesn''t your diamond ring wake you up?
you know, by just sparking?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 4:14:11 PM
Author: dbgaap

Maybe the kids could cook breakfast ON the table of the diamond...maybe put it in the sunlight to heat it up first? I''m sure two eggs and a pancake could fit on it....
28.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I don''t expect anything. My fiance doesn''t think that I''m really a mommy yet, even though I have a little furbaby.
7.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Lily Pendant
36.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
wallermama:

LOL !!!!

yeah, I think a couple eggs and some pancakes (you know- the little kind) will fit on the table of KD''s diamond.....

9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I got the night off from work, so I am happy about that in itself. I am probably going to get flowers and we are going out to this French restaurant in NYC.

I have had a rose gold craze lately, so he did get me a pair of rose gold earrings, a bracelet and an anklet. of course, I basically told him what I wanted and left it up to him to get for me.
11.gif
31.gif

I have a necklace in rose gold, but I am still deciding on a pendant as the one I currently have I am not too crazy about. I found one at my local B&M mall store (yes, one of those places) and i am still deciding if I like it enough to get.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 4:22:45 PM
Author: wallermama
Date: 5/11/2006 4:14:11 PM
Author: dbgaap

Maybe the kids could cook breakfast ON the table of the diamond...maybe put it in the sunlight to heat it up first? I''m sure two eggs and a pancake could fit on it....
28.gif

ok- that''s the FUNNIEST thing ever! too cute!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
My sons asked me a few weeks ago what I wanted for Mother''s Day. I told them that I wanted tickets to the Giants / Dodgers game. Husband said what do you really want? I gave him three things, so he will surprise me with one of the three. 1) Chanel Luxury Line Bag 2) Prada Patent Leather Purse 3) Hello Kitty Pave Diamond Necklace.

San Diego Lady, my heart is breaking for you. I''m so sorry that your children will not be with you on Sunday. That evil man will get his day, karma is a b!tch.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I own a flower shop and will be working Mother''s Day, just like last year...
My little ones will give me something they made at school and that is sweet. Hubby, sons and friends will be working with me, so my day off for my Mother''s Day won''t be till Saturday the 20th when I go with my GF for a morning of fun, a makeover and dinner out with our hubbies. Sunday the 21st, my boys will grill me a salmon...that for me is perfect.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waller and DB - you two are a coupla wise guys!
9.gif
My Precious will probably just wake up with bigger-than-normal hunks of blanket fuzz in her prongs due to me luxuriating in bed til 9am!!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol you guys are cracking me up about kristy's ring fitting eggs and a pancake!! ROFL.

portia also is very ungrateful...so i won't get anything this year either. except maybe her butt in my face when i open my eyes on sunday morning. fabulous.

happy mother's day to all the wonderful PS mothers out there...

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
LOL about the eggs and pancakes. Heehee

I have to work this mother''s day. I''m not expecting anything from Sam since he bought me an early mother''s day gift. It was a white gold bracelet with the links that are the shape of the plumeria, the Hawaiian flower. He bought it for me when we went 2 months ago. He was planning to give it to me this weekend for mother''s day, but I found out about it when we were at the store and demanded he give it to me early so I can wear it. Heehee.
9.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
My daughter''s school is having a "Mother''s Day Luncheon" tomorrow, and I am giving up a $1.8 million home showing to be there, so you know how much I love my daughter to give up that potential commission! On Sunday we''re driving in to LA to see Stomp, but I initiated that and ordered the tickets. Otherwise, we''ll probably go out to breakfast, but then we usually do on Sunday.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
hee hee ...

well on Mother''s Day I will be giving my Mom a gold chain necklace that reminds me of one she wore when I was little. When her house was robbed a few years ago, it was stolen. It''s a heavy box chain about 20 inches long.

On the Mother''s Day card it says,
"Hey Mom, remember all that trouble I caused you?"
... open the card ....
"Well, I''m almost done!"

sounds like a lot of us are having nice sweet, mothers'' days, one way or the other.

I''ll miss not having DD here, but I will tough it out by teasing my own Mom. She can take it!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Well...I''ll be in Las Vegas...sunning and drinking so I guess that''s what I''m treating myself too
9.gif

My husband will be in Vegas as well with buddies for a bachelor party so I''ll be lucky if I hear from him before we meet up on Tuesday. My mom has my kids so my gift will be to relax and sleep as long as I want. The two ladies I''ll be with aren''t moms so I guess it''ll be all about me
2.gif

Happy Mothers Day to the other PS moms!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Well I'm not a mom (not even married yet!) and I dont' have any fur-babies either... But I know what I'm doing for my mom! We've done it since we were little kids
1.gif
We'll make her breakfast, not in bed, but it will be scrambled eggs, bacon, orange juice, and cinnamin puffs!
3.gif
Cinnamin puffs - imagine biscuit dough rolled in a ball, baked till golden, and then rolled in butter, cinnamin, and sugar. They are fabulous!

Oh, and I'd also like to add a Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful PS moms! Hope you have a beautiful day
36.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing that beautiful poem SDL!

Mother''s Day is a bitter-sweet time for me too! I cherish being a mother but I miss my own so very much.

We are going to see INXS on mother''s day.....a surprise from me to my DH and DS. Of course, they will need to provide sustenance for me on my day off from cooking, so I suspect breakfast will be made, and dinner will be out! lol

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Lovely poem SDL and I am so sorry that you won't be with your children on Mother's Day.

My son and daughter are both coming home from college this weekend before they start their summer jobs so that is all I need for Mother's Day!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
San Diego Lady, what a beautiful poem!

My daughter made me a painted tile, which she was going to save for mother''s day but then last night couldn''t wait and ran to where it was hidden and gave it to me. It has flowers and butterflies made out of thumb prints. Sweet! My husband will probably write me a romantic note and maybe some flowers but that''s it. He''s of the belief that Mother''s day is another one of those holidays like Valentines that is just there to make people buy stuff. He jokes, why should I get you anything, your''e not my mother! To tell you the truth though I love jewelry I''m not really into how mother''s jewelry looks, so that''s fine.

But most of us Moms would agree that the best gift of all is our children, who enrich our lives in so many ways.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 7:52:24 PM
Author: roppongi
My sons asked me a few weeks ago what I wanted for Mother''s Day. I told them that I wanted tickets to the Giants / Dodgers game. Husband said what do you really want? I gave him three things, so he will surprise me with one of the three. 1) Chanel Luxury Line Bag 2) Prada Patent Leather Purse 3) Hello Kitty Pave Diamond Necklace.

San Diego Lady, my heart is breaking for you. I''m so sorry that your children will not be with you on Sunday. That evil man will get his day, karma is a b!tch.

Which Hello Kitty necklace are you thinking about? I love the HK stuff. I got a charm bracelet but I am debating changing it for another one that has a thinner bracelet.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
SDL: I am sorry this day holds some hard memories for you.

I know how that can be. I was taking my four month old daughter to meet my grandmother on Mother''s Day 2004 (my first Mother''s Day as a mother) and my grandmother died at 5 am that morning before getting to meet her. It was a truly bittersweet day for me.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Allisonfaye, I showed him two medium sized necklaces. One has a crown of pink sapphires and the other one has a crown of yellow sapphires...I''ll let him decide. Also, the pendant has a clasp so you can put it on a charm bracelet. Kimora Lee Simmons HK line is anything but serous....it''s whimsical and fun. I''m finding out that jewelry doesn''t always have to be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results