shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies...what are you expecting for mother''s day ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I won''t be expecting anything since I am not a mommy yet (don''t even have a furbaby - DH won''t let me get a boxer
8.gif
). As for my mom, she just turned down our gift idea (we wanted to sent her and my dad to Hawaii as a combined Mother''s & Father''s Day gift, but she doesn''t want to go this year). So now we are back to square one and she might not even get a gift til after Mother''s Day. We are such bad kids
25.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Allison -- what a sad story. My grandmother passed before she could meet my 3rd, but I feel like she probably knows him anyway....

My mother''s day will be relaxing in the morning (paper and coffee and QUIET!) and then lunch with my fmil and ff and my 3 boys. We''ll visit ff''s grandmother at some point during the day. My boys made me something at school and I doubt I''ll get anything else since my ff probably won''t do anything for me since I''m not his mom (hehehe that can be debatable!) and my ex-husband won''t do anything on the boys'' behalf anymore. I just get to look forward to the day and my family!

jen

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could spend mother''s day with my mom but she is out of town. I went to the MAC store today and went a little nuts. I bought her 4 eye shadows, 1 eyeliner, 2 different brushes, 1 blush, 2 lipsticks, and a lip gloss. She is beautiful without makeup but I thought I would treat her to something that she would not spend the money on herself...
Nicole

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Lots of kisses from my boys, one who is will be turning 4 and the other who just turned 36.

Hold on........don''t think that I''m crazy, the 36 year old is my DH.
25.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
My son has just returned home from college, so he is here for the summer.

My daughter is on her way home as I type, 3 hours from Austin to Houston. She graduates next week from UT, with honors and did it in 3 years.

I am hosting a large lunch on Sunday for my extended family, here at my house. My mom is in assisted living not too far away, so we will bring her over to join in. Then Sunday afternoon, we are going to the hospital to see my husband''s mom. She is in ICU with vasculitis and not doing well.

Hubby asked what I wanted - a super duper spa trip to the Four Seasons in Scottsdale. Anyone been there?
I''ve stayed at the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch there many times, but never set foot on Four Seasons.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 1:10:21 PM
Author: roppongi
Allisonfaye, I showed him two medium sized necklaces. One has a crown of pink sapphires and the other one has a crown of yellow sapphires...I''ll let him decide. Also, the pendant has a clasp so you can put it on a charm bracelet. Kimora Lee Simmons HK line is anything but serous....it''s whimsical and fun. I''m finding out that jewelry doesn''t always have to be serious.

I want that one too! (the pink crown) He is going to Neiman''s tomorrow for some tailoring and I hope he passes by the counter. I feel, at 40, though I look younger, it might be silly, but I love it! It is soooo cute. Are they pink sapphires? I think the chain is sterling, on the Neiman''s site it says sterling. And, as much as I hate Kimora Lee, they are cute. Do not like the watches though...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS Sometimes my dh says "You are not MY mom..." to which I say, I am SOMEONE''S MOM, and all three of them live in this house!" I think it is good for the kids to even go and pick a little something, even just a card and something small, it is not always about price or size...

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
mum extracted a tithe from me to go towards my grandmother''s present...I''m not sure what it is yet. She makes my grandfather buy her something every year.

I wanted to get mom these tiffany earring but they were just WAY too much money for me right now with moving and not having money until september and eveything (225 for Elsa Peretti silver mesh). So instead I''m getting her a book she wants and a card.

We also have to get FI"s mom something (she has NEVER recieved a mother''s day gift in her LIFE--her ex was a bitch and her sons never give their mom stuff,just the family dynamic. I think if the other parent doesn''t initiate the habit early on it doesnt take). Anyway so I am helping (read making) him get her a gift this year since we will be having a graduation/mothers day lunch with our two families (the mothers) and my mom will be getting something so she should too.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 10:55:38 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
mum extracted a tithe from me to go towards my grandmother''s present...I''m not sure what it is yet. She makes my grandfather buy her something every year.

I wanted to get mom these tiffany earring but they were just WAY too much money for me right now with moving and not having money until september and eveything (225 for Elsa Peretti silver mesh). So instead I''m getting her a book she wants and a card.

We also have to get FI''s mom something (she has NEVER recieved a mother''s day gift in her LIFE--her ex was a bitch and her sons never give their mom stuff,just the family dynamic. I think if the other parent doesn''t initiate the habit early on it doesnt take). Anyway so I am helping (read making) him get her a gift this year since we will be having a graduation/mothers day lunch with our two families (the mothers) and my mom will be getting something so she should too.
Oh, this just broke my heart! She never received a gift, how awful. RT, you are an angel for thinking of her. Get her something really special. Gee, I wish I could send flowers to this woman.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 11:12:15 PM
Author: Ann
Date: 5/12/2006 10:55:38 PM

Author: rainbowtrout

Oh, this just broke my heart! She never received a gift, how awful. RT, you are an angel for thinking of her. Get her something really special. Gee, I wish I could send flowers to this woman.

thanks--hopefully it will go well, since she has convinced herself over the years that she isn''t "supposed" to get gifts. she was a little taken aback when I got her a present for Haunakkah.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
DiamondFan...yes they are either pink or yellow sapphires, on a sterling silver chain. Even the charm bracelet is sterling which bothers me. If one is going to spend that much on a trinket, you can at least expect 14 K white gold. If he did get the HK necklace I will replace the chain and buy a white gold charm bracelet. I would love a platinum charm bracelet but the cost of platinum at the present is crazy. Seriously though, I just wanted tickets to the SF Giants / LA Dodgers game but husband has to present me with something "meaningful" every occassion. I think he just feels sorry for me because I don''t have any girls.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 11:36:23 PM
Author: roppongi
DiamondFan...yes they are either pink or yellow sapphires, on a sterling silver chain. Even the charm bracelet is sterling which bothers me. If one is going to spend that much on a trinket, you can at least expect 14 K white gold. If he did get the HK necklace I will replace the chain and buy a white gold charm bracelet. I would love a platinum charm bracelet but the cost of platinum at the present is crazy. Seriously though, I just wanted tickets to the SF Giants / LA Dodgers game but husband has to present me with something ''meaningful'' every occassion. I think he just feels sorry for me because I don''t have any girls.

I do not have girls just three sons, and I like getting bling for any reason! But, though I hope he takes the hint and gets the necklace (and I would also get a white gold chain, Kimora is a bit cheap methinks!) I got my upgrade and a gorgeous diamond cuff and diamond hoops within the last year, so I doubt I will get it. I also would not mind an Hermes bag (unlike other bags I think they will always stay in style for the long term) but again, that is pretty major and I just doubt it. Considering he thinks since I am not his mom I really cannot expect anything, I am hoping to get to sleep in and be taken to brunch!!!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Mother's day is a non-holiday for me, but I went friday and bought myself a mikimoto A+ bracelet from bailey banks and biddle. i chose a bracelet instead of a strand necklace because i can see and admire the "poils" on my wrist.

"Project mikimoto 2006" is finis!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
my Mother''s Day is off to a silly start!
My stepson, who has been driving for 2 months, backed his car out of a driveway last night, and INTO A DITCH!!
So at midnight, DH had to get dressed and go rescue him.
This morning he''s out there to get the tow-truck, etc...
At first I was a little ticked off, but now I am giggling over it. Poor kid must be SO EMBARRASSED!!!

If it were MY DAUGHTER, I''d be having an anxiety attack.

I celebrated last Friday when my college-age daughter came home to see me.
Today she has dorm move-out noon-3 and her Dad''s handling that without me (fine with me!)

So anyway I get to surf jewelry, gems and pricescope!

NOT BAD!!

36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I never want or expect anything, but a generous bunch of hugs from my boy......however, I do have a Swedish massage booked in a couple of hours and we are going out for dinner. Also got some perfume and bath gel (Amber Nude from Estee Lauder), which i enjoy.

Happy Day all!!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only "child," The Demon Dog, surprised me with breakfast in bed!

(It must have been so hard for him to hold the knife in his paws to butter the toast... Maybe my happy hubby helped him a little!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Mother's Day everyone...the only thing my darling child gave me was an early morning upchuck on the bathroom tile. Oh well!
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother''s Day, one and all!!!

My day has been great thus far. I woke up at the same time but dear hubby let me loll around in bed at my leisure while he made me pancakes and coffee. Poor guy chucked 5 pancakes into the trash until he made one that was "good enough."
30.gif
He brought up breakfast in a tray with a little flower picked from our garden, while I caught up on The New Yorker and also surfed some PS.
9.gif

Then we packed up the kids and drove down to Palo Alto where we walked around the Stanford Shopping Center. It was H-O-T!!! We bought something at Tiffany''s, but alas, it was for my mother-in-law (60th bday). A platinum necklace with the circle of diamonds pendant. Just gorgeous. DH was sweet and asked if I wanted anything from Tiff''s, but I said no. (I know, what the....?!?! Sometimes I''m surprised by my own willpower!) He has spoiled me enough already this year with my new ring and it just wouldn''t be right to ask for more.

DH warned me ahead of time that he didn''t have time to buy anything for me for Mother''s Day, and I was fine with that as long as I got to sleep in. And I got my wish!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy, it''s been really warm down here!!! Finally nice after all that rain!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Mother's Day...

I am so pleased that my Mom LOVED the gold chain I gave her. See, my newfound love of jewelry is a positive thing! I can use it as a power for good!

It's not the best shot, but you can see the gold chain shining on her neck here.

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY TO ALL PS-er's in whatever situation you may have.
If you can't get a hug, try to give one!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
woops, forgot to upload!

MomLovesNecklace.jpg

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
HAPPY MOTHER''S DAY TO ALL PSERS!
emlove.gif

I sincerely hope that all of you--whether you are a mom or not---have a lovely day...

My expectations were not high since I am a florist and spent all day Friday and Saturday working, I didn''t count on anything and that was fine, but I got a great start to my day.

First of all, DH let me sleep in and headed off to the shop to work with our son and did not disturb me...
emteeth.gif
...this was especially nice since I have been dealing with allergies, a sinus migraine and was plain exhausted. Then my 9 year old son and 14 year old son brought me breakfast in bed and a gift. I LOVE homemade gifts from my kids!
emlove.gif
My little guy had a photo taken of him holding a sign that said, " Happy Mother''s Day 2006" in a colored homemade frame that was sort of falling apart but cute nonetheless...

I got hugs and kisses which is always wonderful as well. My 21 year old has no $ and is going to school and felt terrible cuz all she could give me was a great big hug, but I told her that was worth more than anything she could buy me and I wanted the hug more anyways...
emembarrassed.gif

My son who is getting married on the 29th of May works with me and my husband at the shop. He gave me a wonderful card that was actually from his FI and himself along with a fabulous Juice It Up card for $50...can you believe it?! I am always on the go and have water in my car, but sometimes like to get a healthy smoothie so this is so great!

I asked the older boys to grill me a steak and their brothers some burgers for dinner a little later. The weather is very warm and I plan to get into the pool and/or spa...

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day...especially you fellow mothers who know how hard and rewarding being a mom truly is...
emrainbow.gif
emlove.gif
emrose.gif
emsmile.gif

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 7:57:53 PM
Author: heart prongs
hopefully, a baby girl!!!

klr
30.gif
prongs

And for me, a baby boy! Only 3 more days until his due date....

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Babies!

yea!

Happy Mother's Day to both of you!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I got a poem from my oldest daughter and a list of 27 things that descibes a Mother.. (well the list was supposed to be 25.. but she added two more..

A poem from my oldest daughter. (she made it up)

Heather (that''s me)
Loving, active, loverable, beautiful
Lover of hamsters, me, and watching me play soccer.
Who believes everyone dhould be cared for, kids shouldn''t cry over their report card, and I should be loved
Who wants peace between me and my sister, me in bed at 9:00 and me to clean my room
Who uses paper and books, computers, and cleaning products
Who gives love, stories and comfort
Who says, "Try your best and if you can''t get it keep trying!"
Mother

By: Noodle (This is her nickname, since she was born)

From my youngest.
25 things that describe my mother~
1. loving
2. nice
3. sweet
4. pretty
5. good
6. beautiful
7. cares for me
8. watches over me
9. loves me very much
10. happy
11. silly
12. glad
13. intelligent
14. works to make me healthy food
15. cheerful
16. terrific
17. loveable
18. very very very sweet
19. listens to me
20. funny
21. wedded
22. very good to me
23. she stays with me
24. she loves me and knows what I want
25. helpful
26. loves me very much and I love her
27. my favorite mom in the world!

It is wonderful. I cried when I read them!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such cute poems, Mine! And Dbgaap - love the picture with your mom's necklace!!
36.gif

DH left a card on the counter from...LOL...the CAT. It was too hysterical.
face23.gif
I also got a dozen roses on Friday for no special reason...so he got major romance points.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results