shape
carat
color
clarity

Kmom''s (not-so-new-anymore) stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I finally dug up the paperwork on my stone. Just for fun I'm posting the specs. These are from the two sarin reports I received from Brad when I purchased the stone. There was an ongoing thread about stone specs which someone started here a while back but I'm too lazy to search for it (can't even remember the title closel), so here goes:

Sarin report #1
G/SI1
1.02 ct
61.5 depth
55.4 table
6.48-6.53 mm
34.9 crown angle
40.7 pavilion angle
.7 culet
1.0-1.4 girdle thickness
no flour
Cut advisor = 1.1

Sarin report #2
G/SI1
1.02 ct
61.7 depth
55.4 table
6.48-6.52 mm
34.9 crown angle
40.7 pavilion angle
.8 culet
1.0-1.4 girdle thickness
no flour
Cut advisor = 1.2

I've read somewhere that it's common to have ever-so-slight variances when running reports like this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This stone is very pretty. To my (40+) eyes, and even with the loupe, I cannot see any inclusions. God knows I've tried to find them. I do notice the stone going dark in certain lighting conditions but in no way does it affect the overall performance of the stone. It is bright, firey and dazzling. I love those disco ball effects against the side of my car door when I'm driving. I've been beeped at least once while looking at it in the car.
6.gif

I no longer have the bscope.gif. sorry.

Hope you like it. I do.
3.gif

BluePea

Rough_Rock
Kmom,

When I had my diamond appraised, the Sarin got a different table reading than the GIA report that I had; the appraiser measured the table manually, and he confirmed the GIA results. He put the diamond in the Sarin a few more times, and the readings were slightly different for the table each time. He said that table dimensions are the most affected by calibration problems (he also said the Sarin machine needed recalibration soon) because the stones are placed table down on whatever surface they lie on in the Sarin.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K-mom

where have you been? hiding under the volcano? LOL...anyway, the specs on your diamond looks great no wonder your ring is so beautiful
30.gif
as for the sarin reports, i have (6) reports on one stone and none of them match.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DF!
35.gif
I''ve been hanging around another hobby forum lately, and busy with the rest of life, I''ve only checked in periodically during the last week or two.

Thanks for popping in. Seeing it''s Friday night, I guess you''re out with the boys having a
embeer.gif
. Cheers my friend.

~kmom
35.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
and the GIA cert reads:
Measurements: 6.49-6.52x4.00 mm
Weight: 1.02 ct
Depth: 61.5%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Ex
Symmetry: Ex
Clarity: SI1
color: G
Flour: None

No other comments on cert. This stone has an indented natural on the girdle, one little feather on the underside of the pavilion, some pinpoints which are apparently there somewhere.
20.gif
Like I said, to this day I have not been able to see any of the inclusions. I saw it once through a microscope and the jeweler tried real hard to make me see the feather. He could barely find it himself.

Question: Could this diamond have been mistakenly graded? I'm sure the inclusions are there, somewhere, as it is plotted on the cert and I have had it verified by Dave ATlas. I've always wondered about that. To me it looks pretty flawless.
9.gif
Thank God I have 40+ eyes.
10.gif
Seriously, could it be a high SI1 or even a VS1 or VS2? WHAT MAKES IT AN SI1?
33.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2005 2
6.gif
6.gif
0 AM
Author: Kamuelamom
Hey DF!
35.gif
I''ve been hanging around another hobby forum lately, and busy with the rest of life, I''ve only checked in periodically during the last week or two.

Thanks for popping in. Seeing it''s Friday night, I guess you''re out with the boys having a
embeer.gif
. Cheers my friend.

~kmom
35.gif
K-mom
another hobby forum? i hope its cheaper than diamonds.
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2005 2:41:45 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
K-mom
another hobby forum? i hope its cheaper than diamonds.
2.gif
Wellllll, so far it is cheaper than diamonds, but by no means cheap! It''s stamping and it allows me to use, rather find, my "creative" side.
9.gif
I''m loving it so far.
12.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question: Could this diamond have been mistakenly graded? I''m sure the inclusions are there, somewhere, as it is plotted on the cert and I have had it verified by Dave ATlas. I''ve always wondered about that. To me it looks pretty flawless.
9.gif
Thank God I have 40+ eyes.
10.gif
Seriously, could it be a high SI1 or even a VS1 or VS2? WHAT MAKES IT AN SI1?
33.gif
Clarity grading is based on 5 factors:

1 - Size - obviously the easier it is to see, the lower the clarity grade will be

2 - Number - more characteristics can mean a lower grade, but greades are normally set by how readily you can see characteristics, not by counting them

3 - Position - determines how readily you can see it, the most obvisous position is directly under the table. Those under crown facets or near the girdle ar often hidden by facets and reflections. Reflectors are those where the pavillion facets act as mirrors, reflecting multipl images of the inclusions.

4 - Nature - internal or external (where they are called blemishes)

5 - Relief or color - contrast between the inclusion and the stone, the greater the relier, the more it will affect the clarity grade e.g. black, brown, dark red ones are worse than colorless ones.

SI1 - trained grader using 10x fully corrected magnifcation and effective illumination can see noticeable inclusions that are easy to see. Inclusions are oftern centrally located and noticed immediately.

SI2 - very easy to see, and they may be eye visable through the pavillion when the stone is placed table-down on a white background.

Typical inclusions for SI grades: included crystals, clouds, feathers.

Hope this helps. Don''t feel bad, when I did my GIA Diamond Grading class, I completely missed a pinpoint in a VVS1 stone and called it IF (LOL).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...so now we have the specs. Post the picture. We cannot have the picture in one thread without the specs and the specs in another without the pix. (Did I mention I am obsessive?)

Deb, trying to get things more orderly ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, thanks Deb! Yes, that was the sneaky prong thread which has the collage of my ring and the center diamond (only one I have like it) of topic.
9.gif

CF, thanks for explaining that. I guess the key word is "trained grader" who can spot these inclusions. For the life of me I have NEVER been able to loupe them--at all.
9.gif
Which to me in my alleged mind makes it an IF.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results