shape
carat
color
clarity

Katie Holmes engaged to Tom...here is the ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
here it is

20050617083609990004.gif

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Guess there won''t be a need for her to ever upgrade...huh?
23.gif

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
I guess Scientology doesn''t have any problems spending MAJOR CASH on diamond rings! YIKES, its got to be like 10-15 carats?! anyone know anything more about it, where it came from, etc? Thanks for posting the picture!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
I heard at 7am that he proposed and still can't believe it!! but this is the first I have seen of the ring...that deserves a GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY
23.gif
23.gif
6.gif
oh my
10.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
I don't like this whole thing. It doesn't make any sense to me. The ring is gorgeous though...

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another pic I found of the ring. Though it shows less detail, you can kind of get an idea how big it really is on her hand.

I''d love to see a detailed pic (with stats!).

katiering2.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it a cushion, or an oval?? I can''t tell from the pics.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Have you heard him? "magnificent, magnificent" "extradorninary" PUHLEEEZ!! Hey Tom, instead of dropping all that cash for a ring, why don''t you pick up a copy of a thesaurus so you can find some other words to describe your "magnificent" relationship and woman! Seriously, they are like $19.99 down at Borders Books, check it out.....
11.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 11:30:22 AM
Author: curlygirl
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
I don''t like this whole thing. It doesn''t make any sense to me. The ring is gorgeous though...

I am dumbfounded as well. But who knows...really? I fell very hard for my soon to be from the moment we laid eyes on each other. He told me that he was falling in love with me at 2 weeks and wanted to marry me after a month. Maybe it is real?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Know what it reminds me of? Britney''s split-shank cushion. I wonder how long this romance will last.... It''s just too weird.

britneyring2.jpg

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
They''ve only been dating since April (per Katie''s report on Regis and Kelly this week!)...this is GOT to be a publicity stunt!!! Even for them, this is a little over the top!!!

GAG!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s another article:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/17/cruise.holmes.ap/index.html

The ring looks beautiful, are those pink diamonds in the melee around the ring mixed with colorless?

Oh speaking of Britney, US weekly had a huge spread in this week''s mag, just got it last nite on new celeb rings and it has closeups of all the rings discussed on here, Britney''s new ring as well. It''s a 5.5c round basically. Honestly, they showed it and it looks a bit boring! I liked her old one much better.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The melee does appear to be pink diamonds and the prongs look like they could be rose gold???

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 12:40:54 PM
Author: Mara
here''s another article:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/17/cruise.holmes.ap/index.html

The ring looks beautiful, are those pink diamonds in the melee around the ring mixed with colorless?

Oh speaking of Britney, US weekly had a huge spread in this week''s mag, just got it last nite on new celeb rings and it has closeups of all the rings discussed on here, Britney''s new ring as well. It''s a 5.5c round basically. Honestly, they showed it and it looks a bit boring! I liked her old one much better.
I saw the latest US Weekly, I honestly think Britney is wearing a CZ because of all the swelling related to pregnancy. The ''new'' ring has windowing, and looks cloudy, both of which are indications of a bad CZ. I had to wear a fake when I got to around 6 months preggo because my wedding set didn''t fit anymore.

Don''t you just hate it when paparazzi who don''t know a thing about diamonds start talking about celebrity rings? Such as referring to a pear shape as a teardrop.....

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
20.gif
So it looks like his kids will have a new sister.. I mean step mom
20.gif

BTW.. love the slinky quote !!
36.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
hahaha, here''s how it will go: they''ve been dating and "madly in love"
20.gif
for 2 months, right? So that gives them about 4 more months of this insanity before the hormones involved in that mushy love stage wear off. It is psychologically proven that the chemicals produced in the brain during this period of a relationship are almost the same as speed. It''s basically a 24/7 rush of endorphins. So.... around October they will either split up, or go on dating, however it will be less of a whirlwind. And when that happens, sometimes depression occurs as well, because of the extremely lack of the "endorphin rush".

Too bad Tom doesn''t believe in Prozac or antidepressants!! Awwww..... Good luck with that one Tom.......
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 10:10:55 AM
Author: royalasschergirl
I guess Scientology doesn''t have any problems spending MAJOR CASH on diamond rings!
No doubt. Time to convert (lol!)

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 1:06:49 PM
Author: IrishEyes
hahaha, here''s how it will go: they''ve been dating and ''madly in love''
20.gif
for 2 months, right? So that gives them about 4 more months of this insanity before the hormones involved in that mushy love stage wear off. It is psychologically proven that the chemicals produced in the brain during this period of a relationship are almost the same as speed. It''s basically a 24/7 rush of endorphins. So.... around October they will either split up, or go on dating, however it will be less of a whirlwind. And when that happens, sometimes depression occurs as well, because of the extremely lack of the ''endorphin rush''.

Too bad Tom doesn''t believe in Prozac or antidepressants!! Awwww..... Good luck with that one Tom.......
9.gif

Yes...that comment he made about anti-depressants made me lose respect for him. Coming from myself (who experienced life-threatening PPD and was recommended to not have anymore kids) and other ladies who have experienced it, what a slap in the face. We''ll see who changes their tune if he comes home one day to find Katie''s baby howling and her sitting on the couch with a knife sticking out of her arm. No one knows the other side until they have experienced it.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''ve been wondering about this whole Tom and Katie thing too. Part of me thinks that it''s a publicity stunt, and another part of me thinks it could be for real. But aside from all of that, he gave her a beautiful ring!!! If Tom ever gave that to me, I wouldn''t upgrade the guy or the ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I wonder where Tom bought it...
26.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
From what I understand, he can''t have any children, that''s why him and Nicole adopted. I hope Katie''s prepared to have him walk out on her after they adopt. I know I know, that may not happen, but he seems like the kind of guy to do it again.

but good luck to them!
11.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 1:39:49 PM
Author: soulsis
Date: 6/17/2005 1:06:49 PM

hahaha, here''s how it will go: they''ve been dating and ''madly in love''
20.gif
for 2 months, right? So that gives them about 4 more months of this insanity before the hormones involved in that mushy love stage wear off. It is psychologically proven that the chemicals produced in the brain during this period of a relationship are almost the same as speed. It''s basically a 24/7 rush of endorphins. So.... around October they will either split up, or go on dating, however it will be less of a whirlwind. And when that happens, sometimes depression occurs as well, because of the extremely lack of the ''endorphin rush''.

9.gif

Yes...that comment he made about anti-depressants made me lose respect for him. Coming from myself (who experienced life-threatening PPD and was recommended to not have anymore kids) and other ladies who have experienced it, what a slap in the face. We''ll see who changes their tune if he comes home one day to find Katie''s baby howling and her sitting on the couch with a knife sticking out of her arm. No one knows the other side until they have experienced it.

"You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things."

Right..... Vitamin C sure would have helped that woman who drowned her kids in the bathtub because of her PPD..... What can you expect from a man who hasn''t ever experienced a pregnant wife before?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 1:43:01 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I''ve been wondering about this whole Tom and Katie thing too. Part of me thinks that it''s a publicity stunt, and another part of me thinks it could be for real. But aside from all of that, he gave her a beautiful ring!!! If Tom ever gave that to me, I wouldn''t upgrade the guy or the ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I wonder where Tom bought it...
26.gif
This relationship is beyond a publicity stunt. I read up on scientology a while back and it seems that arranged marriages are common in this belief system. It''s part of an agreement that famous members are married up with other stars to hide the fact that the male star is gay. Apparently, this was the case with John Travolta and I would imagine that this is true with Tom Cruise as well. . .

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 1:45:11 PM
From what I understand, he can''t have any children, that''s why him and Nicole adopted. I hope Katie''s prepared to have him walk out on her after they adopt. I know I know, that may not happen, but he seems like the kind of guy to do it again.

but good luck to them!
11.gif
I''m pretty sure he can have children... Nicole Kidman was apparently pregnant when he decided to divorce her. Unfortunately, she later miscarried.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 1:54:53 PM
Author: AmandaPanda
Date: 6/17/2005 1:45:11 PM

but good luck to them!
11.gif

I''m pretty sure he can have children... Nicole Kidman was apparently pregnant when he decided to divorce her. Unfortunately, she later miscarried.

I heard that pregnancy was the reason they divorced - because he knew it couldn''t be his! Rumors rumors rumors.....
24.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
She obviously knew who the father was (unless the baby was conceived in a petri dish) and she was the one who had a miscarriage, so I''m sure DNA testing was not really on her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results