shape
carat
color
clarity

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are divorcing

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, so much for the rumored 10 year marriage contract...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm surprised (not saying that sarcastically, I really am). They did seem to be happy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1340992003|3226035 said:
Hmm, so much for the rumored 10 year marriage contract...

I never heard of that. I just dislike Tom Cruise very much. I think he is an insensitive bully. I guess that is redundant. How many sensitive bullies are there?

Deb/AGBF
:read:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my.

How shocking. :rolleyes:

If someone has been divorced twice, what are the odds that the third time won't be the charm?

If I had the time, I would do a comparison photo montage, putting her photos up against Princess Di's. They both had the same look through the stages of their marriage. At first, hopeful and totally in love. Then, reality set in.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dudes! It's totally a contract. Just shorter this time. She looked miserable with him ... and happier & happier lately (knowing it's almost over!) My only question is how long until he hooks up w/ his next beard. Julianne Hough's been working it for Ryan Seacrest. My money's on her.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1340993410|3226059 said:
If someone has been divorced twice, what are the odds that the third time won't be the charm?

About 27%. The divorce rate for 3rd marriages is 73%!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1340993410|3226059 said:

Divorce rates for third marriages are in the 90% range.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1340993835|3226062 said:
Dudes! It's totally a contract. Just shorter this time. She looked miserable with him ... and happier & happier lately (knowing it's almost over!) My only question is how long until he hooks up w/ his next beard. Julianne Hough's been working it for Ryan Seacrest. My money's on her.

HA my sister said the same thing! She said it must have been a 5 year contract! My theory was that she finally realized she was married to a crazy Scientologist! :cheeky:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1340995658|3226077 said:
decodelighted|1340993835|3226062 said:

HA my sister said the same thing! She said it must have been a 5 year contract! My theory was that she finally realized she was married to a crazy Scientologist! :cheeky:

Ding ding!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the biggest thing is that she asked for full custody and full residential custody, which to me is pretty telling. Either she thinks she's likely to never see her child if he gets even shared, or he did something, or his kid did something, to the kid...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1340997298|3226095 said:
I think the biggest thing is that she asked for full custody and full residential custody, which to me is pretty telling. Either she thinks she's likely to never see her child if he gets even shared, or he did something, or his kid did something, to the kid...
OR ... the kid was never his in the first place (as WIDELY rumored). And he's never had much to do w/her anyhoo during the five years of Sham Town: Take Three.

ETA: First wife Mimi Rodgers says he's impotent/sterile. Both Kidman kids are adopted. What ever made anyone think all of a sudden he's stud material? The pictures taken of Katie late in "pregnancy" are laughable. She was already preggers when they met. Which explains lighting speed courtship/immediate wedding ... then hiding from press (delivering Suri) ... then reappearing WAY (over preggers). Either Suri was sired by Chris Klein or Josh Hartnett so the salacious gossip story goes.

EETA: Just one of the hilarzballz photos of Katie Holmes pregnant: http://www.startrip.tv/2006/04/katies-beachbal.html

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1340997629|3226097 said:
OR ... the kid was never his in the first place (as WIDELY rumored). And he's never had much to do w/her anyhoo during the five years of Sham Town: Take Three.

ETA: First wife Mimi Rodgers says he's impotent/sterile. Both Kidman kids are adopted. What ever made anyone think all of a sudden he's stud material? The pictures taken of Katie late in "pregnancy" are laughable. She was already preggers when they met. Which explains lighting speed courtship/immediate wedding ... then hiding from press (delivering Suri) ... then reappearing WAY (over preggers). Either Suri was sired by Chris Klein or Josh Hartnett so the salacious gossip story goes.

EETA: Just one of the hilarzballz photos of Katie Holmes pregnant: http://www.startrip.tv/2006/04/katies-beachbal.html

:-o :-o :-o :-o OMFG that is SO FAKE LOOKING.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that's a fascinating angle too...I just repeated and claimed as my own the info from an email of a friend of mine that's a family law atty here. He said his very first thought was abuse, and his second was flight risk where she never sees the child again.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1340998919|3226108 said:
Oh that's a fascinating angle too...I just repeated and claimed as my own the info from an email of a friend of mine that's a family law atty here. He said his very first thought was abuse, and his second was flight risk where she never sees the child again.

My first thought was that she wants to make sure Suri is no longer raised under the tenets of Scientology.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1340998919|3226108 said:
HA! Would make total sense if the couple in question was in any way normal! (Or even normal-ish, like that Halle Berry wanna-absond-w/kid to-Paris custody travesty happening.)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So many sofa's, so little time.....

cheers--Sharon

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Katie grew up Catholic, and no one in her family had to have been thrilled with this union, his cult - oops, church, or the prospect that their little grandbaby might never be baptized into The Church.

Add to that, the efforts made to program Katie into accepting his cult - *cough* church *cough*, and the issues Nicole Kidman has in being allowed any time at all with children she supposedly equally adopted . . .

I'm surprised it took this long. It must have been a business deal. She bided her time because she wanted her kid.

Deco: they got married AFTER the kid. Months after. However, the whole 'not announcing the birth' and not being seen in public for quite a while . . . hmmmmm. . . . yeah, weird enough to cause speculation, for sure.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ladies please be respectful of ALL religions or this thread will be closed.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

But don't you think Suri looks an awful lot like Tom? I sure do. Suri is like a 50/50 mix of them both.

ETA: I think she looks like a mini Tom here:

tom_cruise__katie_holmes_and_baby_suri_cruise.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

care-o-meter_s.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who knows what really happened, but that's too bad, especially for Suri.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
When did she date Hartnett? How long prior to Tom? :naughty:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1341009376|3226226 said:
When did she date Hartnett? How long prior to Tom? :naughty:

Like a month before Tom and Katie were madly in love. March/early April 2005.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea... :o :shock: :o Shows that I am out of touch with gossip and to the lengths people will go to to help their careers.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1340991713|3226028 said:
It's a shame for Suri.
Why?! Better for Suri to witness her mom in a happy healthy relationship than have this sham as a model for relationships!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1340998717|3226105 said:

:-o :-o :-o :-o OMFG that is SO FAKE LOOKING.
HOLY SHIZBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results