shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate plus 8?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kate Plus 8!

They dropped Jon Gosselin from the show as of Nov 2, and the show will be renamed Kate + 8.

I''m glad they got rid of him, he''s a d-bag.
3.gif

I do wonder what the show will be like with just Kate, though!

Thoughts?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think they need to go live a normal life and drop the show.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 12:24:16 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I think they need to go live a normal life and drop the show.
I think they''re well past that.
2.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone watch this anymore at all???? If Kate has a new talk show, when is she taping the kids? They soooo need to just let it go. Sad.

P.S. SO glad Kate has a new haircut, though! Saw it in my Us Weekly, but I guess she debuted it on The View?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her new hairstyle looks so much prettier!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow, really? I was wondering how long they would keep the ''Jon & Kate + 8'' title for, since obviously there''s no ''Jon & Kate'' anymore. But I didn''t think he would be dropped from the show completely. Maybe that''s what he wanted, anyway? I don''t think he was ever a fan of the limelight.

I don''t think the show will be as interesting anymore, though. The kids are still cute but it just feels like a lot of the family dynamic is gone, and it''s just Kate taking endless field trips with the kids. Maybe they''lll focus more on her new role as a single mother struggling with a brood of 8.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
They really should have named it Jon Hates Kate, plus 8.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
haha, bet he feels like an idiot now. Guess he can hang out with the 22 year old all he wants now, until the $ runs out.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s sad, and the children should not be on TV. If Kate wants to host TV shows, then do it. I think the kids will definitely suffer from their parent''s nationally televised martial issues.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha!! I despise Jon...so glad they are getting rid of him!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Well, *maybe* it makes the situation tolerable or a bit healthier for the kids. Clearly Jon didn''t want to do the show anymore, and the kids are getting older so maybe its good that on days with their dad they don''t have the cameras. That will give them some time without the madness of filming. Maybe they should really go off the show entirely but do we think that is realistic? And now their family finances have adapted to a different level, it would be hard for either Jon or Kate to go back to a ''normal'' job. Seems like at least a step in the right direction. Hope they don''t completely do away with Jon, that would be weird and even more fakey, but cut way back is okay.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I think the show should just be done. Is there a contract that must be filled? It seems that they are forcing this. It is painful to watch, hardly anyone is tuning in and I can''t imagine that the ratings will improve.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Within HOURS of TLC's announcement Jon *suspended* the divorce procedure and announced he wants to work things out with Kate. Also: he "regrets" socializing with other women "publicly".
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Where's the vomit smiley?
14.gif

ETA: one link to the story ... if you haven't had dinner yet.
2.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been watching the early shows when I get home from work, and I''ve got to say that, were I Jon, I would have *SMACKED* Kate years ago! She is sooo demeaning and belittling of him. It''s almost embarassing to watch. I guess he''s getting even now.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I really can't stand either of them and I think they are BOTH equally to blame for their current situation. Jon wanted out of the limelight, Kate didn't...we still see that at play here, because she is OK with going on with the show without him, instead of bowing out and "putting her kids first" which is one of her infamous mantras.

And I have to point this out to the Jon bashers and Kate admirers...if the tables were turned and we saw Jon or ANY MAN berating his wife on TV, hour after hour, year after year in the same manner Kate carried on and then said wife left him and found someone else...would you be cheering her on or jeering at her? This whole Jon bashing smacks of sexism. Not excusing his affairs AT ALL, but he was verbally abused for YEARS on TV, publicly humiliated over and over. He is hurting and is lashing out at the person who hurt him. is he immature? yes...but so is Kate...she acted like a 2 year old, the way she treated her husband.

I'm so done with both of them and wish they would all go away and "put their kids first" for real. ugh.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 5:43:09 PM
Author: Upgradable
I''ve been watching the early shows when I get home from work, and I''ve got to say that, were I Jon, I would have *SMACKED* Kate years ago! She is sooo demeaning and belittling of him. It''s almost embarassing to watch. I guess he''s getting even now.
I have to say I have disliked Kate for a long time (way before the divorce mess). She just treated Jon so bad. (That doesnt excuse
Jon for his bad behavior though). I barely watch the show anymore. Its pretty much the same old thing.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 5:37:15 PM
Author: decodelighted
Within HOURS of TLC's announcement Jon *suspended* the divorce procedure and announced he wants to work things out with Kate. Also: he 'regrets' socializing with other women 'publicly'.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Where's the vomit smiley?
14.gif

ETA: one link to the story ... if you haven't had dinner yet.
2.gif

Huh? What interesting timing! The part of his statement where he says, "I hope Kate will be as receptive and enthusiastic (as I am now) about working on our marriage" really kills me! He can't have had such a sudden change of heart. And even if he did, does he think Kate will want to reconcile with him now, after all he's said and done in the past few months?

Looks like he's just trying to get TLC to renew the contract.....skanky!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, well good luck with that Jon...
20.gif
Honestly I have no interest in watching the show. I didn''t llike Kate from the beginning.
5.gif

I really worry about their kids...x 8.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 6:46:32 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ha, well good luck with that Jon...
20.gif
Honestly I have no interest in watching the show. I didn''t llike Kate from the beginning.
5.gif

I really worry about their kids...x 8.
Ditto that. I think she''s just as bad as he is. I feel really sorry for those kids. They already must be all messed up, having cameras in their faces for as long as they can remember.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I used to be team Jon... until all this fiasco started.. now I see why she was.
I still feel sorry for those kids

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 12:40:05 PM
Author: TravelingGal
They really should have named it Jon Hates Kate, plus 8.

You made me swallow mu bubblegum!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo...honestly we (my family) really enjoyed this show! Yes, Kate was bossy and John was kinda a big kid but we liked it!!!! We were really sad to see them seperate but even sadder to see John act like such a BIG dork!!!! He really set himself up for this backlash! If this is who John really was all along then I feel sorry for Kate....she must have been raising 9 kids
7.gif

Oh well, we have moved on to the Little Couple...LOVE THEM!!!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I watched an episode for about 15 minutes last night. They were already seperated. Kate took the kids on yet another field trip to a produce stand...really, is that TV worthy? Then one of the older girls had a hurt ankle after dinner, so Kate played games with the kids in the basement while she called a BABYSITTER to take her daugther to the pediatrician at night. When she had to go to the ER for x-rays, the babysitter came home to stay while the kids were in bed while Kate to the twin.

I am so over done with that show. I need a crew to follow me around...I run my own business, have 4 kids to shuttle to soccer/cheerleading/gymnastics/ballet/jazz, I do my own laundry, clean my own house, do my own grocery shopping, have to lug 3 healthy kids to the doctor for 1 sick one when DH works late...their show is not even really anymore.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 9:15:21 PM
Author: Girlrocks
I watched an episode for about 15 minutes last night. They were already seperated. Kate took the kids on yet another field trip to a produce stand...really, is that TV worthy? Then one of the older girls had a hurt ankle after dinner, so Kate played games with the kids in the basement while she called a BABYSITTER to take her daugther to the pediatrician at night. When she had to go to the ER for x-rays, the babysitter came home to stay while the kids were in bed while Kate to the twin.

I am so over done with that show. I need a crew to follow me around...I run my own business, have 4 kids to shuttle to soccer/cheerleading/gymnastics/ballet/jazz, I do my own laundry, clean my own house, do my own grocery shopping, have to lug 3 healthy kids to the doctor for 1 sick one when DH works late...their show is not even really anymore.
You''re my kind of Mom Girlrocks!!!

I am thinking this will be the last season of Kate + 8......

I don''t live too far from where she lives. So I get some of the scoop. She''s had Nanny''s since day one... Not that you wouldn''t need help. But if you have it admit it....

Ok done with them but still am worried about those kids. Maddie is the one I worry about most, she''s always pissed...
6.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I caught the last episode. Does anyone know if the earrings Jon gave the twins were from Tiffany''s? They were in those telltale blue boxes. I''m just curious.

It seems to me that Jon has a lot of hate for Kate... makes me wonder if she *did* something to provoke all this (like cheat). Or maybe it is the years of belittlement.... I dunno. Poor kids.

Kaleigh, I agree, Maddie is so pissy all the time. Cara and her are like polar opposites (kinda like their parents).

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 9:15:21 PM
Author: Girlrocks

hehehe
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results