shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Middleton Is Pregnant

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
I'm not really into the Royals either, but that is exciting news. I think she always has the most darling outfits.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That is lovely news for them; I'm sure they are very excited.

They seem to be quite capable of being loving, hands on parents.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw the headline in tabloid while waiting in the grocery line yesterday. Thought the information was fake given the source but hoped it was real because it's very exciting.

Happy to see the headline on msnbc.com this morning. Article said suspicion of pregnancy increased in September when Kate was seen at dinner toasting with water when everyone else had wine. I wonder when she's due. I'm sure she'll have great maternity clothes.

Maybe they'll choose me to be their nanny! He he.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1354551496|3321313 said:
Saw the headline in tabloid while waiting in the grocery line yesterday. Thought the information was fake given the source but hoped it was real because it's very exciting.

Happy to see the headline on msnbc.com this morning. Article said suspicion of pregnancy increased in September when Kate was seen at dinner toasting with water when everyone else had wine. I wonder when she's due. I'm sure she'll have great maternity clothes.

With a name like yours, how could they resist? :cheeky:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well not to be too blunt but that's pretty much her job description, bearing a (hopefully male) heir, so I'm sure they started on that in a timely manner :naughty:
So I'm sure everyone is happy and relieved that she is "fertile", and will be even more relieved if the baby is born healthy with no problems.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1354551994|3321326 said:
mary poppins|1354551496|3321313 said:

With a name like yours, how could they resist? :cheeky:

Agreed! I'd start getting your application together, MP! :appl:

I am VERY excited for them, and I truly hope they have a little girl! Assuming Parliament passes the law approved by all the commonwealths (or whatever they're called...someone in the UK help if you can!), regardless of boy or girl, the first born is the heir to the throne. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1354551912|3321322 said:
Wonderful! I am happy for them.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20586343

I wonder what she will get for her push present? :Up_to_something:
Ya - that would be SOME push present... the Queen may let her take her pick from the crown jewels, perhaps!!

I read that on Perezhilton.com (my source for all things gossip newsworthy!) Congratulations to Kate and William!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1354553019|3321346 said:
Well not to be too blunt but that's pretty much her job description, bearing a (hopefully male) heir, so I'm sure they started on that in a timely manner :naughty:
So I'm sure everyone is happy and relieved that she is "fertile", and will be even more relieved if the baby is born healthy with no problems.

I really doubt they care if it is a boy or girl...I mean look at who sits on the throne now.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With two future kings waiting in the wings I hope it's a girl.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The law has been changed so that gender no longer predicts who can be the "top royal", so not matter whether they have a boy or girl, and no matter the gender of subsequent siblings, the child will be the next monarch!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1354554289|3321363 said:

Ya - that would be SOME push present... the Queen may let her take her pick from the crown jewels, perhaps!!

I read that on Perezhilton.com (my source for all things gossip newsworthy!) Congratulations to Kate and William!
I don't think official crown jewels are at the Queen's disposal to gift to anyone... they are passed from one generation to the next.

Given how sick Kate is, I'm guessing boy.

But from one mother to another, I feel bad for her that she had to announce the news before she is over the first trimester. I didn't even feel comfortable sharing my pregnancy news until I was almost 15 weeks old with my first one.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I don't love all things royal, but I am very fond of these two and thrilled for them. I think they'll be wonderful parents! :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1354570417|3321579 said:
I don't love all things royal, but I am very fond of these two and thrilled for them. I think they'll be wonderful parents! :appl:

me too! very exciting!! :D I bet their baby or babies will be beautiful!!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I think they'll be great parents, too. For all her issues, that's down to Diana.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sapphirering|1354563330|3321479 said:

I don't think official crown jewels are at the Queen's disposal to gift to anyone... they are passed from one generation to the next.

But from one mother to another, I feel bad for her that she had to announce the news before she is over the first trimester. I didn't even feel comfortable sharing my pregnancy news until I was almost 15 weeks old with my first one.

I thought the old wives' tale was that baby girls make you really sick because of the extra estrogen?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

I went to see the queen's diamonds at Buckingham palace. Oh my word. The Cullinan diamonds are magnificent in real life. The brooch would make an awesome push present! :bigsmile:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I happy to hear this official announcement, since according to tabloids, Kate has been pregnant for about 18 months now ;-)

One thing I learned while reading the article about it was that if their child is born while Elizabeth II is still alive, then the order of succession will go Charles, William, their child as opposed to Charles, William, Harry - so Harry will be officially bumped!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I feel terrible that she is sick to the point of having to be hospitalized. Having suffered from regular morning sickness for six months, I can't imagine having this condition.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm thrilled for them, but terribly sad for her to hear that she has HG. I have HG with this pregnancy, and it really is a miserable condition. Here's hoping her access to what I assume to be wonderful medical care will help her through this.

And I hope she's well enough to be out and about--I want to see her maternity clothes!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1354572028|3321607 said:
sapphirering|1354563330|3321479 said:

I thought the old wives' tale was that baby girls make you really sick because of the extra estrogen?
One pamphlet my OB gave me about HG is that it is more commonly found in women pregnant with girls. I'm due two weeks from tomorrow, but we didn't find out our baby's gender yet. We shall see!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1354581603|3321735 said:
I'm thrilled for them, but terribly sad for her to hear that she has HG. I have HG with this pregnancy, and it really is a miserable condition. Here's hoping her access to what I assume to be wonderful medical care will help her through this.

And I hope she's well enough to be out and about--I want to see her maternity clothes!

Same here! My first thought was "I hope it's a girl." That was immediately followed by "OMG...maternity COATDRESSES!" :appl:

Haven, I'm so so sorry you've had such awful sickness through your entire pregnancy. I hope that baby arrives in a quick, easy (well, as easy at it CAN be), uneventful labor to balance it all out!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1354581714|3321739 said:
One pamphlet my OB gave me about HG is that it is more commonly found in women pregnant with girls. I'm due two weeks from tomorrow, but we didn't find out our baby's gender yet. We shall see!

One of my best friends had the pregnancy from hell with my godson ( 9 months of "morning" sickness all the time). He's male. Godson and all. He's the one who got married a year ago and whose wife is expecting (along with armywife and Kate Middtleton) now! But he might be an anomaly.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Laila619|1354572028|3321607 said:

You're right, that's what I've read too. But from my totally personal, anecdotal experience, moms who had the worst morning sickness (but not HG) were expecting boys. All my friends who had girls said their pregnancies were a breeze! But of course, my opinion doesn't mean anything. :cheeky:

Haven, I'm sorry to hear that you have HG. Wow, how exciting that your baby is coming so soon! Do you have a thread about this in the family hangout? Congrats, my first son's birthday is Dec 17 and I love celebrating his birthday when everything is so festive.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1354584713|3321784 said:
Haven|1354581714|3321739 said:
One of my best friends had the pregnancy from hell with my godson ( 9 months of "morning" sickness all the time). He's male. Godson and all. He's the one who got married a year ago and whose wife is expecting (along with armywife and Kate Middtleton) now! But he might be an anomaly.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:
HG is *more common* in women pregnant with girls, not *exclusive* to pregnancies with girls. It's also more common in younger women (not me!) and women pregnant with multiples (there better not be a surprise twin hanging out in there!)

Sapphirering--Thank you! I've been posting with all the lovely pregnant PSers over in the FHH thread for the preggos. I'm due the 18th, and I LOVE that our baby will have a birthday during the holiday season! (I'm actually hoping baby comes late and we'll have a Christmas baby!)

Vc10um--Thank you! I really can't wait to see her awesome maternity wardrobe. I bet she's going to look radiant.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe Haven, I was thinking the same thing about hanging out to see what maternity fashions Kate produces! :bigsmile:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I thought the boy heir gets preference. I'm really glad they changed this. Back in the old days can you imagine the pressure to keep having children so you have a male heir?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results