shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Hudson splits with Chris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Well, it seems as the last two weeks lots of couples have been breaking up. (my relationship included
emunlove.gif
)The latest is Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson.

I feel really bad for her, but being that this is PS, the question begs to be asked:

What will she be doing with that rock?

You guys all know I was at a party a bit ago and saw that thing in person. It was GINORMOUS. And it was an old cut....I bet it had a nice culet. Oh how green I am turning.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
Scrumptious.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh what?!?!

Where did you read this one???

I am shocked!!! I haven''t heard one rumor about this one in any of the mags or anything. How sad...they seemed so happy and their little boy...so sad.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Another Hollywood marriage bites the dust. Why DO these people bother getting married? I guess they want the party and the bling. Does anyone have a photo of the ring?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no! that was another one that i thought would last.
15.gif

that''s too bad.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 4:46:06 PM
Author: belle
oh no! that was another one that i thought would last.
15.gif

that''s too bad.
Ditto, this is sad. Didn''t see this one coming....

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow you guys are fast. I just saw this on the MSN homepage. I hadn''t heard ANY rumors about this one. I thought they were just so deliriously happy together. She is of course much too good looking for him.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh how sad!
7.gif
It doesn''t surprise me (Kate was always photographed with just her son, rarely all three) but still...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it is too bad for their boy.

I thought I saw something very recently about how Kate Hudson said she had a good role model for a relationship from her mother and Kurt. Was I dreaming this?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I read this on People.com too. I am so shocked! How sad.
7.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~There''s must be something in that Fiji water...
38.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. That''s shocking. She was on The View a few weeks ago and it seemed like things were great. Not that she woulda said otherwise anyway, but she didn''t seem to be faking it. Too bad.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
7.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
so sad! i thought they were a hollywood couple that had a good chance of staying together=( she''s one of my favorite actresses.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ANOTHER ONE? Yikes. She is so cute. I wonder what is at the root of this one...what is the spin they will put versus the truth...

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The ring...5 carat Asscher in an Art Deco setting by Neil Lane

KateH654.jpg

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I was also totally shocked by this one. For some reason it just seemed like they were both much more down to earth and ''real'' than most of the other Hollywood couples. I guess I thought they''d stay out of the scene and stay together. How sad.
40.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are any of the articles mentioning why?/ Each time I saw her being interviewed or discussed, she raved about her hubby and marriage...but it seems all the stars do, and then they split...so it is hard to know.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 4:43:20 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
Another Hollywood marriage bites the dust. Why DO these people bother getting married? I guess they want the party and the bling. Does anyone have a photo of the ring?

Oh, I don''t think that is fair at all. Think of all the non-celebs that split up every year. You just don''t care about them. Also I am sure there is an added pressure to fame (work, temptations, tabloids, press). I think everyone deserves and should take a chance on love even if it doesn''t always work out. Just my 2 cents of course!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh blast - what a shame...
40.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw something in google that stated that both of them agreed to end their marriage if ever one of them committed adultery...has anyone seen a reason posted for the split yet?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, a couple of days ago I was reading an older People mag. (late June?) that showed them at the wedding of a sibling.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
to be fair,the quote she made was:

“I don''t believe (monogamy) is realistic. But, I believe that we, as people, have the power to make it happen.”

________

Which I do think is true...I don''t think that monogamy comes easily to humans, aren''t we one of the only primates that is monogamous? Some say that we go against our ''nature'' to try to achieve that. She obviously doesn''t believe that it comes quite easily either, but that you CAN make it happen.

Whatever the reason, the dissolution of any marriage is always sad.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monogamy is a true choice. People live so much longer now and being with one person takes work, not just in a fidelity sense, but on all levels. There are ups and downs in any relationship, and we make the conscious choice to stay faithful to our spouse. In Hollywood, I think it is a bit tougher with the temptations all around. There are stars who go from film to film and "fall in love" with their co stars or people involved in the film, leaving current spouses to be with this person. They stick around a bit and then are on to the next one when a new film starts. I am not saying this was their issue at all, but I just think it is such a different world than most people experience. Plus the pressures of living in a fish bowl, which again most of us do not deal with...it just makes all things tougher. And while I agree that if you become a star part of this comes with the territory, if the public had no interest, the person would disappear wuickly. However, there is a fine line and it is crossed frequently, so any issues a couple is dealing with would get magnified. And, sometimes two people just grow apart or fall out of love, it happens all the time outside of that realm. It just seems sad when it is a couple that seemed to have it together...makes you doubt all you see and hear when they profess to be fine and so in love and end up broken up 2 months later!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I think the reason celebrities tend to break up so often is because when you are beautiful and have a zillion dollars, you tend to have less tolerance and patience. For example if your husband is 5 minutes late you are like " WHAT? I''m JLO, I can get any man I want and I don''t have to put up with this" And conversely so can the celebrity husband.

I think normal people have kids (not ten nannies), bills, a mortgage, etc., so it''s not as easy to jump in and out, and there''s a bigger incentive to work on the relationship.

I''m really surprised they broke up though, because they didn''t seem very hollywood to me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am shocked to read this too. I thought they were really happy. Seems alot of Hollywood couples are breaking up.

Linda

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2006 12:58:32 PM
Author: allycat0303
Well I think the reason celebrities tend to break up so often is because when you are beautiful and have a zillion dollars, you tend to have less tolerance and patience. For example if your husband is 5 minutes late you are like '' WHAT? I''m JLO, I can get any man I want and I don''t have to put up with this'' And conversely so can the celebrity husband.

I think normal people have kids (not ten nannies), bills, a mortgage, etc., so it''s not as easy to jump in and out, and there''s a bigger incentive to work on the relationship.

I''m really surprised they broke up though, because they didn''t seem very hollywood to me.

I agree with this.

I remember her making those comments about monogamy. I kind of wondered if she had an open marriage. I also wondered if Kurt and Goldie have/had an open relationship and that was why she was so nonchalant about the whole concept.

It''s too bad though. I think the kids suffer the most.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I am really sorry about this, too. News of ANY marriage dissolving always makes me incredibly sad.
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results