shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for fun... menu!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay.... just for fun.... you''re going out for a nice evening and you can choose ONE from each of these 4 categories... which do you choose and why?

cbmenu.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is going to sound snooty and I don't mean it to, but I'd probably pick another restaurant! LOL. But if I had to pick...

Soup du Jour - because I don't like anything that swims or lives in the sea, so I would never order scallops.

Spinach Salad - because I'm not a fan of radish or beets in the first salad and the third one sounded boring.
3.gif
And I love blue cheese dressing.

NY strip - because I don't like salmon or lamb, and there was no specific veggie entree. And because I looooove steak and caramelized onions...

Chocolate tort - again because the others didn't bowl me over. And anything chocolate can't be bad.

What a picky person I sound like. But in all honesty, it's just that this particular menu has a lot of stuff I don't eat on it.
1.gif
12.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Appetizer-Scallops. Because I LOVE them.

Salad-Spinach. I love all the ingrdients, especially Blue Cheese dressing.

Entree-Steak, med rare. Cuz I like steak, AND mashed taters.

Dessert-Creme Brulee. Because it''s to die for, if well made. Is it well made?? Please say it is....
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*makes mental note to be sure and take FG to a resturant with a REALLY big menu*

25.gif
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 7:33:07 PM
Author: Ellen
*makes mental note to be sure and take FG to a resturant with a REALLY big menu*

25.gif
9.gif
hehehe. It''s only got to have a few drinks on it, and then who cares what the menu is?!
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
1. Soup Du Jour (I just don''t like seafood, although scallops are the lesser of the sea-evils
3.gif
)

2. Spinach Salad (YUM.)

3. Imperial Stock Ranch Grilled New York Strip (with a good vegetarian option close behind...)

4. Local Strawberry Shortcake (YUUUUUM.)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 7:35:58 PM
Author: FireGoddess

hehehe. It''s only got to have a few drinks on it, and then who cares what the menu is?!
9.gif
Oh, you ARE my kinda gal!
9.gif
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 7:33:07 PM

25.gif
9.gif
LOL This is from the culinary institute, the menu changes every 10 weeks. The LAST menu was to *die* for but this one is only eh to me so I''m having trouble choosing. I love scallops but hate tarragon... I''m scared everything will taste of tarragon.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, for the starter I like both options but I don''t know what pea tendrils are. I love scallops though!

I''d choose the spinach salad
30.gif
but I''d pick out the hard boiled egg.
14.gif

The cedar planked salmon would be my choice for an entree. I love salmon, but I hate lamb and I hardly ever eat red meat. I''d ask the server waht the vegetarian entree is but I''d still probably go with the salmon.

For dessert I''d go with the chocolate torte but I''m not sure what OCI stands for. Just reading ''chocolate'' was enough for me to know I''d want that anyway. The creme brulee would be my second choice.

Why are you asking?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 7:40:36 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
LOL This is from the culinary institute, the menu changes every 10 weeks. The LAST menu was to *die* for but this one is only eh to me so I'm having trouble choosing. I love scallops but hate tarragon... I'm scared everything will taste of tarragon.
Culinary institute...interesting! Okay makes me feel better I'm not the only one who was like 'eh'.
9.gif
Too bad we can't go together - you can have the scallops and I'll eat the pea tendrils with the riesling tarragon sauce that come with it!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 7:31:18 PM

Dessert-Creme Brulee. Because it''s to die for, if well made. Is it well made?? Please say it is....
9.gif
Times 2 please. Ellen, this is getting scary.
9.gif

shay

P.S. is anybody surprised that Ellen and Shay like the exact same meal with the exact same style of steak for the exact same reasons?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shay? Get out of my head. lmao!
9.gif

I KNEW I liked you.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were me I would want all the fish items because I live in the desert and I bet where you live the fish is fresh.

Starters
Sea Scallops

Salad
Oregon Greens (they sound fresh)

Entree
Plank Salmon

Dessert
Anyone of the chocolate choices, yum
18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
soup de jour

spinach salad

NY strip- med well

chocolate tort..although if hubby was with me he''d make us get the creme brulee b/c that''s his favorite restaurant dessert..

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 7:31:18 PM

9.gif
Mmmmm.... exactly the same for me.
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2007 8:28:32 PM
Author: mrssalvo
soup de jour

spinach salad

NY strip- med well

chocolate tort..although if hubby was with me he''d make us get the creme brulee b/c that''s his favorite restaurant dessert..
Same as MrsS and FG for me!!! (Except medium or med. rare on the steak)

We are at the beaxh, so I am getting my fill of seafood here!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Menu seems eh to me too.

I would have...

Scallops because I love seafood.
Spinach Salad. The orange ginger vinaigrette sounds good but not the other stuff.
NY strip- med well. I like salmon and lamb too but those entrees just don''t sound that great.
Creme Brulee.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 8:49:49 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Same as MrsS and FG for me!!! (Except medium or med. rare on the steak)

We are at the beaxh, so I am getting my fill of seafood here!
Ohhh, eat a bunch for me please!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
scallops! love them and the pea tendrils too...mmmm yummy.
18.gif

spinach salad

ny strip steak, cooked med, because i don''t eat lamb and once got food poisoning from salmon so been off that for 4 years now!

gotta have the creme brulee, and i''m with ellen, please please tell me it''s well made!!! when they are...omg, in heaven!
3.gif

i''m not too much of a picky eater, i thought the menu sounded pretty good. or maybe it''s because i''m really hungry right now too...hrm...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sea scallop: i adore sea scallops but cannot make them at home for the life of me so i make the concerted effort anytime we go out and it's on the menu to get them...seriously i will throw over 99% of whatever else i was planning on getting if the special is a sea scallop...hehe. we just had them on saturday night actually! i planned to get ahi tuna but the sea scallops were the special and i was not disappointed!

oregon greens: the other salads are too 'complicated' for me for a starter...if i was looking for a more hearty salad it might be one thing but after the sea scallop chances are i just want something light before the main course. if i was not having the scallop as a starter i might do the ginger one. i am not into eggs and bleu cheese dressing at a place like this, i don't know why as i might get that salad 'somewhere else' aka paired with other dinner options.

new york strip: i have been more into seafood lately but i don't like salmon, and on the other options, i never choose a random 'veggie' option (aka if it was more detailed i might choose it but i'm not into a vague veggie description) and i don't eat lamb. so the only option is the steak. i don't eat steak/red meat that often but i love a good steak when prepared correctly. but when i have steak i love to have a wedge salad!!

tossup between the chocolate torte and the mousse (what is OCI): i love me some chocolate dessert. though sometimes i feel like fruit, for the most part i will almost always choose a chocolate item from the menu. though honestly i am not sure i am feeling a chocolate torte and white chocolate mousse sounds absolutely decadent so i think i'd do the mousse right now.

oh and random note, this totally sounds like a restaurant we'd eat at by the way!!! sometimes we get basically what is on this menu at certain places, aka scallops appetizer, a salad to share, a steak or an ahi or similar then a dessert. mmmm!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
1. Soup if it is vegetarian

2. What is chippolini? If that''s not meat, I''ll have that one because it sounds really good. Otherwise the oregon greens.

3. Vegetarian entree...wonder what that is? Probably a vegetarian ''lasagna'' without anything that would make it a lasagna (like pasta! Seriously...I once had a vegetarian lasanga that had potato instead of the pasta. The last wedding I went to, it was just a pile of vegetables coated in sauce...no pasta or even potatoes. My boyfriend and I had to get fast food on the way home from the wedding..ouch)

4. Creme brulee or chocolate thing. I love both!

Noticing a trend here? Hehehe...don''t forget your vegetarian guests! (if you have any)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scallops, definitely. I love seafood. It sounds like it's prepared in a wonderful sauce that I would want to try.
Soup sounds chancy. There aren't that many I like.

Spinach Salad. I love the texture of raw spinach... plus it has lots of iron. And that dressing sounds heavenly.

Steak sounds okay. Wouldn't want that vinagrette though. Lamb sounds yummy plus it has veggies which the steak doesn't have... but what is a creppenette? either of those medium rare to rare would work for me

I make that salmon at home so not ordering it in a restuarant.

Veggie entrees... this sounds like a meat joint, so I'd rather not risk the inedible veggie napolean.

I LOVE creme brule and love them in flavors too, so that would be my pick. I've had too muich dry straw berry shorcake to risk that... but that chociolate tort has possibilites.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd have the soup. ( love bay scallops not sea scallops)

Spinach salad
Strip steak, medium
Toss up between the Dream Chocolate Torte and the Creme Brulee

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love soup but the scallops sound great. Since I do not know the soup, I am being safe...but I love soup as well so that is a tough one.

I would do the vegetable salad because it just sounds nice to me, though I love all salads. I love blue cheese, but otherwise the Oregon one sounds a bit plain and the spinach does not seem different enough, I can make that at home.

The steak sounds yummy. I like it medium rare, a bit pink and juicy but not raw and not too brown. I always pick the entree with an eye toward all that comes with it, since if the presentation is not good it does not matter what the main dish is. I like lamb, but am a bit sick of salmon to be honest. However, the vegetarian entree could be good, again, without knowing it it is hard to decide.

The shortcake sounds good because it is fresh and local, which I like. But I also like Creme brulee if the shell is crunchy. Chocolate is fine, I just can get tired of too much (sacrilege I know!)

Cippolini are onions...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread!

Starter: soup! I like scallops but they are too rich as a starter. I''d be too full to enjoy the rest of the meal.
Salad: spinach salad. I love salads with eggs and bacon!
Entree: steak. I love, love, love steak. If the vegetarian dish was something really yummy, like gnocchi with veggies, then I might get that. But I don''t like salmon, and I don''t like lamb.
Dessert: chocolate torte! I don''t like the texture of mousse and creme brulee (too slimy), and strawberry shortcake just seems like something I can easily make at home. Whenever I can, I order foods that I have no chance in h@ll of being able to make at home!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
The soup du jour sounds great. I love seasonal ingredients.

Spinach salad because I''m anemic and crave spinach like nobody''s business. I''m drooling just thinking about it!

I''d pick the New York cooked medium (again, the whole anemia thing). I''d have DH order the salmon so we could share.

Creme brulle because it''s not something I''d make at home.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''d choose the soup (I can''t eat scallops although the pea tendrils & reisling sounds great.

I''d chose the 1st salad because it sounds different.

The salmon because I like fish and I don''t cook it well.

Probbably the Creme brulee because I''m almost always disappointed in chocolate desserts at restaurants....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get:

1. Sear scallops-I love all seafood and really good scallops are one of my favorites!
2. Spring Vegetable Salad-I love salads and this one sounds delish!
3. NY strip steak-I like a good steak every now and then (it has to be medium rare, though!) and the other dishes don''t really appeal to me, although the vegetarian entree could be good if I knew what it was
4. Creme Brulee-my mom makes crazy good strawberry shortcake so I wouldn''t get that, and the other two don''t really appeal to me

What are you thinking about getting, Cehra?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Soup - because most times the soup is my favorite thing of the whole meal

to quote FireGoddess: Spinach Salad - because I''m not a fan of radish or beets in the first salad and the third one sounded boring. And I love blue cheese dressing.

Salmon because I''d never attempt to make a good salmon myself and I''d go other places to eat a good steak
Or perhaps Lamb only because I''ve never had it besides gyros

Local Strawberry Shortcake - because it''s the "local" offering, kinda like the "house dressing"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results