shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Do It!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been procrastinating on something? Post it here and tell us what you're doing next to get that thing done!

I've been dithering on paying my bills. Not to worry, it's not a question of money and nothing's overdue (yet), it's just procrastination. So- I'm going to set up my bill paying command post, ;)) gather what needs to be gathered, and get started. I'll see y'all when I'm done!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Organizing my art studio space. Just got a kiln and pottery wheel so I needed a larger space for that and my painting supplies and drawing supplies. Been meaning ti reorganize and switch rooms for a year, finally getting it done!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Painting the woodwork in the house;
cleaning out and organizing my closet;
clicker training one of my cats;
getting back in the gym.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Emptied my drawers/handbags of lipstick, gloss and other make up. Yup. Done. Garbage day tomorrow.

Shoes next.

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleaning out my fridge and my bedroom closet. Tomorrow is another day!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packing my closet... We move on Friday... Dreading it!

Everything else is packed.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few hours and several rabbit holes later (ain't ADD wonderful?) - THE BILLS ARE PAID!

And I found some major cash on hand I didn't remember I had (anniversary gifts - done!) and drink coupons I can use on some upcoming flights! And researched some music and musicians I remember from my high school days (*sigh!*).

Next up - arrange taxi and pet boarding for upcoming vacation. As AprilBaby said, tomorrow is another day!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a great subject! I need to make wills, set up living trust & living wills, all that grimy stuff. MUST start today -- what if we get run over by a bus? :shock:

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with your move Mary!

Congrats on finishing that unpleasant task VRBeauty!

I am big on not procrastinating and always feel better when I do unpleasant tasks right away but I'm far from perfect. Case in point. I have been meaning to clean out all my clothes closets (so many closets) in our apartment and then I had the accident so now everything is a wreck. Add to that 6 plus weeks of not being able to clear accumulating clutter and well there you have a recipe for disaster.

I think I may have the only dh who fights with me on wanting to have a cleaning service more often than we do. Most women's dhs want them less often because of the expense but not my dh. This has always been a point of disagreement because I hate spending the money but to him it's a quality of life issue and he is a neat freak.

So lesson of the day to strengthen VR's point: Do not procrastinate because what you put off today may be that much more difficult to accomplish later on. Just DO it!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too funny Missy. My husband also had to really press me to get a cleaning lady. It took him 18 years but once I finally gave in I couldn't be happier. I wouldn't hire one because all my friends said I'd never be happy. I'm really picky and want every spotless. I found a great one and haven't looked back. Sorry for the thread jack.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an easy chore but for some reason I always procrastinate on it...

go feed those (vermicompost) worms!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DONE!!!!

Now off to pack for my vacation - WOOHOOO!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I've had a paper ready to be submitted for publication for the past two years! The only thing missing is polishing up the figures and tables, but I can't bring myself to finish it... :wall:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to get out there and clear out those gutters - Ugh!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1421019168|3815030 said:
I need to get out there and clear out those gutters - Ugh!

Done! And the sweater I wore for this dirty chore (silly me) is soaking in the sink.

For probably the first time ever I really froze when it came time to get back on the ladder to climb down from the roof. Gonna have to make some changes before the next gutter cleaning rolls around....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dental cleaning...I need to find a new dentist so I've been putting it off!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1408019064|3732195 said:
I think I may have the only dh who fights with me on wanting to have a cleaning service more often than we do. Most women's dhs want them less often because of the expense but not my dh. This has always been a point of disagreement because I hate spending the money but to him it's a quality of life issue and he is a neat freak.

Add my husband to this list, although he's not a neat freak. I don't want to part with the money but it would help us out so much as it has in the past. We used to have someone clean for us but then we moved and had to let her go. My husband's wanted to hire someone new since we moved into our new place a year and a half ago but I've resisted. I just haven't wanted to part with that money even though I know it's totally worth it. We've contacted a few people over the last few months but I couldn't commit. We have someone new coming over next week to give us a quote, and I think I'm finally going to cave.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've got a huge trip coming up in 10 weeks, driving 1000km to Sydney with my boat from my home in Melbourne, Australia. The plan is to go with a couple of mates, catch a couple of 200lb+ Striped Marlin and bring them home with us to feed ourselves, our families and friends. I'm 10 weeks out and I still have to do the following:

1. Mechanical service on car
2. Mechanical service on outboard motor
3. A few repairs and electrical wiring jobs on the boat
4. Wash and wax both car and boat
4. Services on my fishing gear (about $60 each outfit, I have 8 outfits)
5. Sharpen about 100 large hooks by hand with a file and rig 30 skirted lures (this alone will be half a day of work AT LEAST)
6. Work overtime and save enough money for the trip and all of the above.

I might in over my head a little here... :shifty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results