shape
carat
color
clarity

Just another reason(s) to skip the Black Friday debacle

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It seems that some folks have decided that the best way to get their 'midnight specials' is to lie in wait in the parking lots for the customers with the goodies.

My life is not worth the 'door buster' sale price of anything. :nono:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't done Black Friday shopping in years, except online. There is nothing in the world that I want enough to deal with that kind of craziness.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
we go to the movies instead.......

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1322246084|3068710 said:
Amazon.com is Amazing for yet another reason!

I tried putting together an Old Navy order this morning, but the site is moving SO slow and the sale prices don't even appear to be lower than their regular sales that I've given up.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Just heard a retail guru on tv say you get better deals later in the Christmas season anyway. My computer crashed & died 3 days ago -- it was worth any extra cost to me to get a new one before B.F. & avoid the insanity. I only shop online; hate the traffic & nuttiness in stores.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just read that someone died of a heart attack at our local Target. The article said that he collapsed at 12:15 am and that people walked around him and continued shopping. An ER nurse and a doctor who happened to be there, along with a Target employee, tried to revive him but he didn't make it. I find it incredibly sad and disturbing that people walked around him and continued on their merry way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, that is AWFUL! I heard someone got tazed at our local Target by another customer. I have no idea if it's true.

I stayed home ALL day and enjoyed every minute of it. Saving a few extra dollars is not worth the hassle to me either.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me as another who would never go shopping on Black Friday. I do as much as I possibly can on Amazon and other sites and very little in real stores.

My daughter and I just went to see "Hugo" and really enjoyed it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
slept in... went to the gym.. a nice lunch and a stroll on the beach... that is what Black Friday was all about for us.... :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I went shopping once about 10 years ago on Black Friday and I will never do it again. I am too impatient of a person to deal with lines and all of those crazy shoppers. I ended up getting so sick with the flu that night, which worsened my experience. I do just about all of my shopping online and finished more than half of my shopping today between Amazon, Toys R Us, and a few other sites. I also did some online shopping for myself of course :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As promised, I was at the mall today! I just love the hustle bustle of it all. I got there about 11:00 a.m. and it really wasn't too bad. My biggest problem with it is the parking and I was extremely lucky and got a parking space quickly. The mall was crowded but definitely doable. I got a couple of Christmas gifts and a couple of 'me' gifts! Not there at all for the sales - there is never usually anything I'm going for in particular that's on sale anyway. People were friendly, upbeat and seemed to be buying which is a bit better than recent years gone by when they were just rummaging through racks trying to find a bargain.

The WalMart crowd is a different story - I wouldn't get in that mess for all the money in the world and especially not at 4:00 a.m.! I still can't get over the woman that was in a WalMart somewhere pepper spraying the customers away from the merchandise she wanted. That's the type of shopping that is nightmarish to me. . .

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..everywhere you gooooo

Idiots like that will never see the irony in it either. I picture it like a movie..in slow motion w/Christmas carols being sung in the background while people push and shove and punch each other, knock little kids out of the way. Someone was shot in the Walmart parking lot here last year.

It's the most wonderful tiiiiime of the yeeeeear..

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I drove by the local Toys R Us and the Target, laughed at the line that snaked all the way around the building, then drove off to a friend's house. NOTHING that they have on sale is worth my 3-4 hours and all that madness. :errrr:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was gonna try to go out and decided not to, I was able to score some pretty sweet deals online on Thanksgiving day...there were not as good as some of the doorbusters on Black Friday, but I am pretty darn happy with what I got and I didnt have to go into the madness to get them :appl:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
herekittykitty, that was brilliant! I enjoyed your other videos too :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
People can be insane. I've never witnessed shoving and idiotic behavior in real life but I see it almost every year on the news.

We went out today and I was surprised that the stores weren't as packed as I thought they'd be. I know the economy is still in the tank but I thought the parking lots would be pretty full. Nope. I'm not a huge shopper in general. I need to be in the right mood and I also need to be on the look out for something specific.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went shopping at 10 pm Thanksgiving night for the first time ever! I have to say it was the most insane thing I have ever done. I ONLY
did it because my 15 year old wanted some video games on sale and a new xbox that was 100 dollars off. He loved it, I hated it. We took
two of his friends with us and went to Walmart and Best buy. At Walmart, we had to park a 1/4 mile away and walk in because the parking lot was packed, not a single space available. Somehow, we were able to get in and buy what we wanted and get out pretty quick. We then went to Best buy and stood in a line that wrapped the whole building. I thought there was no way we would get the xbox, but we managed to get everything my son wanted. He was thrilled.

In the same shopping center was a Game stop that the boys went in to for about a half hour. When we drove by Best Buy to get out of the parking lot, the line was still around one side of the building.

I will never go again. Awful. I was so exhausted yesterday that I could have slept all day. Today, I do absolutely nothing.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I went to Target at 10:15 to get my Dyson. The line was well kept with security and barricades. No problems, a few people got booted out of the line for trying to cut ahead. They only let in about 20 at a time once the store opened. I was out by 12:20 so not bad at all. I heard walmart was insane though, bestbuy as well. Those I avoided.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
There is nothing in the world that I want enough to deal with that kind of craziness.

Totally co-sign to these sentiments. I'd rather pay more than be caught in the midst of crazy, out of control shoppers.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1322347601|3069252 said:
There is nothing in the world that I want enough to deal with that kind of craziness.

Totally co-sign to these sentiments. I'd rather pay more than be caught in the midst of crazy, out of control shoppers.

Agreed. Also, nothing will ever, ever convince me that it's okay to force people to leave their friends and loved ones to go to work on the holiday just so the rest of us greedy fools can save a couple bucks. I'm boycotting the stores that opened on Thanksgiving day on principle, because I think it's horrible.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Octavia|1322359815|3069332 said:
Amber St. Clare|1322347601|3069252 said:

Agreed. Also, nothing will ever, ever convince me that it's okay to force people to leave their friends and loved ones to go to work on the holiday just so the rest of us greedy fools can save a couple bucks. I'm boycotting the stores that opened on Thanksgiving day on principle, because I think it's horrible.

How do you feel about movie theaters then? I was feeling the same way as you but DH, who worked at a movie theater in hs, brought that up. They always have to staff heavily on holidays and no one bats an eye. That said, after hosting TG there was no way I was going out to shop! I don't see how/why people would want to do that!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think some people love the thrill that BF offers. The hunting, the waiting, the pouncing...I am sure it is a huge adrenaline rush. I would never want to wait 4+ hours in the freezing cold to fight my way to the $200 flat screen TVs, but understand why some people are drawn to it. Luckily the horror stories (crimes) are few and far between if you think of ALL the stores across America that participate. I did hit a few stores late on BF (around 5 pm) and they were still busy but it wasn't insane.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1322362566|3069349 said:
I think some people love the thrill that BF offers. The hunting, the waiting, the pouncing...I am sure it is a huge adrenaline rush. I would never want to wait 4+ hours in the freezing cold to fight my way to the $200 flat screen TVs, but understand why some people are drawn to it. Luckily the horror stories (crimes) are few and far between if you think of ALL the stores across America that participate. I did hit a few stores late on BF (around 5 pm) and they were still busy but it wasn't insane.

Not only that, but for some, the only way they can afford some if these nice things is with these aggressive discounts. Maybe their kid has always dreamed of having a wii or something and all of the sudden it can be a reality with a few hours waiting in the cold. A lot of people's budgets are thin with the economy, but they still want to give the people they love nice presents.

Me personally? Yeah, Amazon, baby.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I skipped Black Friday, but I did my bit for Small Business Saturday today by shopping for presents at a local gallery. :))

Nice video, herekittykitty. Yeah, stepping into that crazy crowd is just not going to happen for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results