Johnny Depp's Engagement Ring

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, that man could walk around in a greasy Five Guys bag and make it look good, so a diamond is just a bonus :lickout:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like it...looks too feminine to me...I need to see some metal or something for a guy...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1396304997|3644589 said:
Honestly, that man could walk around in a greasy Five Guys bag and make it look good, so a diamond is just a bonus :lickout:

lordamighty I agree. :lickout: :love:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a lovely ring. But is it actually his? He referred to it as 'a chick's ring.' Odd statement if it is his. What's the chances he and his fiancée wear the same ring size? Maybe he was keeping it warm for her! :lol:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
This used to be a Mafia town, and I saw a lot of big-diamond men's rings as a kid. But none were styled quite like that. Whatever. Does he have matching earrings? :loopy:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I didn't expect him to wear it on his finger

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like it. No jokes, no nothing. A nice piece of jewelry is a nice piece of jewelry. He wants to wear it ... why not? This whole idea that solitaires are inherently feminine has always made me scratch my head. Particularly when some of the extraordinarily high-set examples come to mind, 'cause, sure, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and the Chrysler Building is just deco and rockets are aerodynamic and so on and so forth, BUT COME ON NOW.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure the jewelry industry is loving it. :cheeky:
Personally not so much but just as long as he can afford (and we know he can and am sure he did) buy his FI just as big a diamond (preferably bigger LOL) it's all OK.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
An article online said it's his fiancée's ring. She has two. The one he's wearing was too big for her so he's wearing it instead and she's wearing the smaller one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1396312673|3644671 said:
An article online said it's his fiancée's ring. She has two. The one he's wearing was too big for her so he's wearing it instead and she's wearing the smaller one.

That's what I originally thought when I saw the ring lioness posted. And that makes much more sense IMO.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, he actually stated in an interview that the ring belongs to Amber, but it was too big for her, so he was wearing it.
Normally, I tend to think that Johnny could wear a paper bag and still look good, but the ring looks about as bad as the two shirts he's wearing (one with vertical stripes and one with horizontal stripes)….

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
NIce ring... i only wish i could rock that ring but i am rocking a few things :read: :read:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting--you would think that he could have any competent jeweler resize it if it was too big for her. :confused:

On a side note, DH wears a class ring that has a skull and crossbones on it. The closest he ever came to wearing bling was when he was thinking about putting diamonds or rubies in the eye sockets of his ring! He decided against it, though!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, I know nothing about the size of Johnny Depp's fingers. :naughty: However, if the ring fits him, I can only imagine that it's pretty large, probably way too big for Amber. It looks like it has pave on the shank, which may explain why it hasn't been resized. That being said, why would he buy a ring without contriving to find out her ring size??

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1396317321|3644725 said:
Yes, he actually stated in an interview that the ring belongs to Amber, but it was too big for her, so he was wearing it.
Normally, I tend to think that Johnny could wear a paper bag and still look good, but the ring looks about as bad as the two shirts he's wearing (one with vertical stripes and one with horizontal stripes)….

Yeah, I agree - that is a fashion fail, all right. Bring in Joan Rivers for the commentary.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He can make anything look fab. Love it. Can't help myself. ;-)

craighnt

Shiny_Rock
Well, with his net worth, dotting your I's and crossing your Ts with things like your girlfriends ring size must not be that big of a deal. "Ill just buy here another one". And so he did. :rolleyes:

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
'Johnny Depp trying to make the male engagement ring happen'

I'm sorry but my Hubby was doing this last year. When we said i was getting a 30K ering his mother insisted he have one too. when we said we weren't going to spend more money on something he would never wear, she had one made for him herself. and forced him to wear it to our engagement party. he's not a big fan

I love guys wearing diamond rings but my DH old fashioned nonmetrosexual kind of guy

I had him put it on just now for a photo, shown next to his 22k wedding band. I've just realised i could repurpose this for earrings...

photo__30_2.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks a bit girly to me, however, if anyone can pull it off, he can.

Can't believe he is 50 already!!! Still lush, IMHO! :naughty:

DK :))

craighnt

Shiny_Rock
hippi_pixi|1396355764|3644915 said:

I'm sorry but my Hubby was doing this last year. When we said i was getting a 30K ering his mother insisted he have one too. when we said we weren't going to spend more money on something he would never wear, she had one made for him herself. and forced him to wear it to our engagement party. he's not a big fan

I love guys wearing diamond rings but my DH old fashioned nonmetrosexual kind of guy

I had him put it on just now for a photo, shown next to his 22k wedding band. I've just realised i could repurpose this for earrings...

As a guy, I would probably not want to wear that either, not because of the diamond, because of the setting. I bet if you had it redone with a wide band set low he might like it more. Then again, maybe his mother just wanted something she knew he would not like. :naughty:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it and he rocks it. This makes me love him more. I love nonconformists and nonconformity in general, especially with fashion. I have always thought that being cool ultimately meant you do what you like and don't give a F&^% about what others think! He is certainly doing just that!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hippi_pixi|1396355764|3644915 said:

Your husband would be thrilled with this idea -- you use it for earrings and he NEVER has to wear it again! Win-win :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My big thought was HOLY SHIT Johnny is 50 YEARS OLD!!!!!! :o :bigsmile: :lickout: :lol:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Not a fan and I so wanted to be! And if anyone could pull it off, he could.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
that man could wear a purple polka dot bikini and sandals w/knee high white socks and it would not detract from that voice, those eyes and that face. He gives me goose bumps.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1396378023|3645208 said:
My big thought was HOLY SHIT Johnny is 50 YEARS OLD!!!!!! :o :bigsmile: :lickout: :lol:

You know 50 is the new 30 (at least that's what I keep telling myself haha). :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results