So much that he bathes in them.

And sits among them and on them.

The boy has good taste.

--- Laurie

joey__amp__gems_4-14_1.jpg

joey__amp__gems_4-14_2.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
What a cutie! Seems cats always know how to interject themselves into places they really have no business being.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Right, JG. He messed up my arrangement of gem boxes. That's his cat bed on the left, right next to them! I find one or two on the floor sometimes, where the little turkey has played with them. They won't open so it doesn't worry me, but he could find a better place to bathe, don't you think? :))

--- Laurie

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Knowing it's his bed to the left makes the last photo even funnier - he's staring at it like, "Surely you don't expect me to lie in THERE?!"

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does he ever steal them? I had a Tonkinese (not the one in my avatar) who was a crazy bad bower bird for stashing stuff, socks, shiny objects anything he could get his paws on and he would pick up just about anything in his mouth regardless of shape and size and stash it behind lounge chairs, under beds when I cleaned I used to find clothing, wool, money, jewellery, pencils, and pens were favourites all sorts of things......

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really? But you all know only too well that you obviously were paying the gems some attention. That is just. not. right. He had to show you that he is bigger, better, more purely saturated gem than any other you could possibly have - oh, and cleaner too. :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Arkieb, that wasn't a cat you had, it was a magpie! Did you ever check for wings? Joey has never hidden stuff -- my dog, Charlie, hides her prizes (socks, chew bones, pieces of kleenex full of dog drool) in our bed. On DH's side, which makes me grateful. It's hilarious to see him climb in with a happy sigh & looking puzzled, reach down & pull a soggy kleenex from under the sheets. But just whacking the gem boxes off the table seems to do the trick for Joey -- maybe Minou is right, he's jealous of them. Show those suckers who's boss! They'd have to live in a drawer if Charlie were still at the age to prance around with whatever she found, but these days she is more discriminating; dirty socks are a lot more attractive than gems.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results